£ versus the $

jjcollins

DIS Veteran
Us Brits are jumping for joy - The Pound is up to £1=$1.90 :Pinkbounc

My wife and i are going to buy some Dollars tomorrow for are cruise in November - even our dues for DVC were alot cheaper this year :bounce:

And i know a few people who are thinking of buying homes in the US because of the great rate :bounce:

jj....... :wave2:

is my daughter, Jen, whose vacation to London next week keeps getting more and more expensive. Poor dear has been saving for ages and needs this break badly. She'll have fun anyway, just more costly fun.

I'm glad you're enjoying the exchange rate. We're not. Congrats on your cruise.

I have a question....

Do the amount of money that a general person makes in your country equal to ours? Number wise...

I other words if I made $35,000 here would I make 35,000 pounds there......

I guess I have never understood the whole conversion of money and am having a blonde moment!

:)

DMickey28 to answer your question NO lol theres some kind of formula for working that out - can't remember it at the minute.

jj....... ;)

:( The Fed needs to slow the pace of pumping money into the economy.

And corporations need to start capital spending....which creates greater demand for money......create some jobs....and a booming economy will follow....hopefully with no over inflation bursting the bubble...

So, I guess this means that there will be fewer Americans going to the UK to vacation (or, holiday, as you call it) and spend their worthless $$$ there, right, jj?

Deb as someone has already said it just means you get less pounds for your dollar.

jj......

WOW! I'm glad we went to London this summer when the exchange rate was 1 pound = 1.75 dollars. (Can't figure out how to do the pound symbol :tongue: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter