• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where Pixie-Dusted Birthday Dreams Come True! A July Trip Report! PTR Link! Pg. 116

I :love: DC. My brother lives about 40 minutes away in MD, so I've had DC in small doses. It is hot hot hot there in the summer. So is Disney. But for some reason, I can take the heat in Disney. Have you considered DC for a long weekend?

We love DC, too, and the kids have never been. Connor is very into history right now, so I know we would have a great there.

If you pick Disney, I'm curious to see what resort you'll choose.

We are looking at CSR. We stayed there for a spring break trip in 2008, and Connor loved it there. As much as I would like to stay at a deluxe, it is so hard to justify the price.

We booked our 10 nights at BLT, but are adding one or two nights before that starts. We're looking into either staying at Pop, CBR, CSR, or WL for those two nights (depending on the AP rates for August). Flights are a bit cheaper if we leave earlier and I like to have the first day and the last day just be travel days. I don't like to cut into my park time. And I will use any excuse possible to extend a Disney trip :lmao:

Ten nights at BLT sound heavenly!!!

Another wonderful CP update!! What a great way to end your evening at AK!!! Two rides on Kali, happy soaked kids, heading back for more pool time!!!

It was a lovely ending.

LOL...glad Chelsea was able to save Connor's flip flop LOL!!!

Me too! I would not have been pleased if he had lost his Teva Mush flip flop forever!

Snow Kitty is too cute!! I so wish they had those yeti slippers back!!! I so want a pair of those!

:rotfl: Ah, yes, the Yeti slippers! Those were great!

Oh, I remember that feeling!

The first time I ever stayed at the Grand Floridian, I was ten years old, and it was the whole family, Mom, Dad, and my sister.

I went to the arcade "by myself" and happened to see my sister there! She's seven years older, what I didn't realize at the time was that they sent her a little ways behind me.

Ah, my "independence." :lmao:

:lmao: What a great story! Disney is one of the few places where I feel safe sending the kids off for rides and such. In the "real world," I won't let them wander far.

I bet she looks adorable in it.

::yes::

What a wonderful AK day! The kids look like they are having a blast on Kali, and how sweet of you to honor their request and spray them! :laughing:

If only I had known they were going to make me mad, I would have sprayed more. ;)

I completely know the feeling you had when Connor lost his shoe, I get that feeling quite often with my two - it's like they forget how to behave as soon as my attention is diverted elsewhere! :rolleyes:

Always!!! They seem to delight in it! :laughing:

Did you remind Charles that he wouldn't have been bored if he had gone back to the park with you??? ;)

Why yes I did! :lmao:

Connor & Chelsea must have been soaked after riding twice.

Love the tank tops that Chelsea got.:thumbsup2 Snow Kitty is cute also.

They were pretty soaked. After our day of riding Kali, we had a lot of clothes hanging up and drying in the hotel room.

Love the pics of Connor & Chelsea "soaking up the atmosphere!" :thumbsup2

Thanks!

I think I may have sat Kali out too...it's not fun walking around soaking wet! :sad2:

No, it's not!

Glad Connor got his shoe...that would have been a little frustrating! :rolleyes:

Yes, I had visions of him having to hop on one foot all the way back to the bus stop.

Love the tank tops and snow kitty! :goodvibes

The kids were very pleased with their purchases.

Looks like your day was fantastic at AK and it was nice to hear that Charles was bored without the rest of you! :laughing:

Yes, I think he learned his lesson. ;)

Kali is the kind of ride that you can't just ride once. You must get off and instantly get back in line! :cool1: I bet it felt good to get sprayed on that hot day.

Yes, it was very refreshing for the kids.

This will be our first Flower and Garden Festival and first time at CBR. Any photo's of CBR are greatly appreciated. I loved the ones you posted at the beginning of your trip report of when you first arrived.

I think I have some more from our Magic Kingdom day! :thumbsup2

Hi there,
Im not sure if anyone has asked yet, but is that a Vera Bradley bag? If so, is it the messenger bag, or the hipster?
Im looking into buying one for my upcoming trip.
TIA :)

Hi! It is a Vera Bradley -- it is the mailbag style. It is bigger than the hipster and smaller than the messenger, so it is the perfect size for a park bag.

Love the Snow Kitty. Sounds like such a great day.

Thanks! We had a lot of fun!

Awe...I love that snow kitty:goodvibes

He is very cute, isn't he? :goodvibes

Great Update Jackie!!!!!!! Me and my mom did the same thing with Kali! We rode it once, and since we were already soaked, we decided heck, let's ride it again! I love the squirting water elephants! Chelsea is definitely a brave soul leaning out of the raft! Oh boys, always losing their stuff, and the girls always come to the rescue! Love the snow kitty and Chelsea's shirts!

great updates!! I am all caught up.

Taste of Africa looked YUMMY! I love that Chelsea will still dance the street if asked. :thumbsup2 Cute tank tops and snow kitty. I can completely see a lost flip flop for that same reason with my kids, and I'd have been none too pleased either.

what a nice way to end Ak...the wet or dry versions(s) ;) I would have been dry like you...I prefer to be wet only in the shower orw/ a swimsuit on

your title "lost shoe" I was envisoning one of the kids coming off the ride missing it...glad it wasn't that.

can't wait to see what adventures you guys find at MK!

Haha, I love the photo of them, begging to be sprayed. My kids rode Kali alone once on our last trip and they too, were yelling to be soaked. And this was in December. Crazy kids!

I love the souvenir choices! The snow kitty is adorable and those tanks from the safari are super cute! :) I would totally wear those.

I am so happy that you have the links to your posts at the beginning of the TR. It makes it so much easier for a DIS slacker like me to keep up!

Your meerkat modeling pictures had me cracking up! :laughing:

Chelsea's tank tops are adorable!

Looks like you had a wonderful day at Animal Kingdom...aside from the loss and retrieval of the flip flop!

subscribing.........and loving it. I am 12 years old, so I can really relate to alot of your Chelsea problems. Disney would be my DREAM birthday. Hmmmmmmm.. maybe an idea for my big 13 next year. TripTime (dad) if you're reading this.....this is a clue!:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::love:

subscribing.........and loving it. I am 12 years old, so I can really relate to alot of your Chelsea problems. Disney would be my DREAM birthday. Hmmmmmmm.. maybe an idea for my big 13 next year. TripTime (dad) if you're reading this.....this is a clue!:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::love:

Oh how I LOVED this post! :goodvibes

why, thank you! :lmao: I've been telling my dad aka TripTime that I want to go to Disney instead of having a party or presents next year since this will be a special bday......13! But, right now anyway, the lights are dim because we are already going in March for my bro's bday during my Spring Break for the 3rd YEAR IN A ROW! And, since my bday is in July, it would be to close t o our other trip. I know, I know, I know what you are thinking. Never ever ever ever ever is it possible to have to many Disney trips. But, before you start freaking out, realize that my dad and I would totally take the chance to go again, but keep in mind that we are only half of the family, and my mom and bro don't care for Disney as much as us. I know......CRAZIES!:scared1::eek: So, all in all, my dream 13 birthday is not looking so great right now. BUTTTTTTTTTT, I have a whole life ahead of me, so there is no reason to rush, because I'm pretty sure that once I go on my bday, I will want to go EVERY year, and as GLORIOUS as that sounds, once again remember the other half of the family. We ♥ them so we try to keep the family sane by not completely going all Disney-Nuts on them and keep our Disneyaddiction under control......who am I kidding? We try to keep the REST of the family sane, because...well.... Dad and I are already under the Disney-insanity curse. :rotfl2: But, we're not complaining, oh no sirree bob, we are perfectly perfect as Disney freaks, and prefer to remain that way. I mean, come on....look what website we are on!:rotfl: Well, hope that answers your question....oh wait...you never asked a question...I just vented to you all for nothing. Sorry about that and I hope that you have a Disneyriffic rest of the evening.:goodvibes

We only ride Kali when it's dying hot outside. It's a nice relief if you get soaking wet on a humid, 90 degree day that's for sure! Love the photos of Connor and Chelsea on the ride, it looks like they love it! :thumbsup2

I love the snow kitty! I kinda want one now even though I have collected enough stuffed animals lol :laughing:

We love DC, too, and the kids have never been. Connor is very into history right now, so I know we would have a great there.

We are looking at CSR. We stayed there for a spring break trip in 2008, and Connor loved it there. As much as I would like to stay at a deluxe, it is so hard to justify the price.

Ten nights at BLT sound heavenly!!!

I love DC in the spring. The cherry blossoms are just beautiful. The International Spy Museum has an interactive activity that takes you on a mission through DC, sort of like KP. We're going to try it over Easter weekend.

CSR looks beautiful! The refurbed rooms look gorgeous. I like that there's a door to the sink area and queen beds!

You have to try BLT at least once. It's such a great location and I love the art in the room.

Great Update Jackie!!!!!!! Me and my mom did the same thing with Kali! We rode it once, and since we were already soaked, we decided heck, let's ride it again! I love the squirting water elephants! Chelsea is definitely a brave soul leaning out of the raft! Oh boys, always losing their stuff, and the girls always come to the rescue! Love the snow kitty and Chelsea's shirts!

Thanks! Chelsea has no problem courting danger by leaning out of the raft. :laughing:

I love the Kali pictures. How funny that they actually wanted to get sprayed!

Thanks! Yes, they wanted to be sprayed! They love getting wet even when they are fully clothed. LOL!

great updates!! I am all caught up.

Taste of Africa looked YUMMY! I love that Chelsea will still dance the street if asked. :thumbsup2 Cute tank tops and snow kitty. I can completely see a lost flip flop for that same reason with my kids, and I'd have been none too pleased either.

Hi, Cynthia! I loved the dancing with the CM! Such a cute moment! Yes, I am not completely sure what happened by I am sure they were goofing around when Connor's flip flop went into the pond. :rolleyes:

what a nice way to end Ak...the wet or dry versions(s) ;) I would have been dry like you...I prefer to be wet only in the shower orw/ a swimsuit on

your title "lost shoe" I was envisoning one of the kids coming off the ride missing it...glad it wasn't that.

can't wait to see what adventures you guys find at MK!

Yes, it was the perfect end to a great day at the Animal Kingdom. Luckily, we were able to retrieve the shoe. Can you just imagine Connor hopping all the way back to the bus if we hadn't? :sad2::laughing: Lots more fun coming at the Magic Kingdom!

Haha, I love the photo of them, begging to be sprayed. My kids rode Kali alone once on our last trip and they too, were yelling to be soaked. And this was in December. Crazy kids!

I love the souvenir choices! The snow kitty is adorable and those tanks from the safari are super cute! :) I would totally wear those.

I could see my two wanting to ride even if it was cold.

I like those safari tanks, too. Unfortunately, Chelsea is not quite the same size as me yet. ;)

I am so happy that you have the links to your posts at the beginning of the TR. It makes it so much easier for a DIS slacker like me to keep up!

I am so glad! :goodvibes

Your meerkat modeling pictures had me cracking up! :laughing:

I am convinced he was posing for us. :laughing:

Chelsea's tank tops are adorable!

Thanks! She really liked them.

Looks like you had a wonderful day at Animal Kingdom...aside from the loss and retrieval of the flip flop!

One tiny glitch in the day which was pretty good. :thumbsup2

Welcome!!! Yes, having a birthday at Disney is an awful lot of fun!!!

Me too! :laughing:

why, thank you! :lmao: I've been telling my dad aka TripTime that I want to go to Disney instead of having a party or presents next year since this will be a special bday......13! But, right now anyway, the lights are dim because we are already going in March for my bro's bday during my Spring Break for the 3rd YEAR IN A ROW! And, since my bday is in July, it would be to close t o our other trip. I know, I know, I know what you are thinking. Never ever ever ever ever is it possible to have to many Disney trips. But, before you start freaking out, realize that my dad and I would totally take the chance to go again, but keep in mind that we are only half of the family, and my mom and bro don't care for Disney as much as us. I know......CRAZIES!:scared1::eek: So, all in all, my dream 13 birthday is not looking so great right now. BUTTTTTTTTTT, I have a whole life ahead of me, so there is no reason to rush, because I'm pretty sure that once I go on my bday, I will want to go EVERY year, and as GLORIOUS as that sounds, once again remember the other half of the family. We ♥ them so we try to keep the family sane by not completely going all Disney-Nuts on them and keep our Disneyaddiction under control......who am I kidding? We try to keep the REST of the family sane, because...well.... Dad and I are already under the Disney-insanity curse. :rotfl2: But, we're not complaining, oh no sirree bob, we are perfectly perfect as Disney freaks, and prefer to remain that way. I mean, come on....look what website we are on!:rotfl: Well, hope that answers your question....oh wait...you never asked a question...I just vented to you all for nothing. Sorry about that and I hope that you have a Disneyriffic rest of the evening.:goodvibes

:laughing: Yes, it is hard when the entire family isn't as Disney obsessed as we would like, isn't it? ;)

Great last update at AK!! I can't wait for the day I can spray my kiddos on Kali!!

It is very stress-releasing. :lmao:

We only ride Kali when it's dying hot outside. It's a nice relief if you get soaking wet on a humid, 90 degree day that's for sure! Love the photos of Connor and Chelsea on the ride, it looks like they love it! :thumbsup2

I love the snow kitty! I kinda want one now even though I have collected enough stuffed animals lol :laughing:

Kali is a nice way to cool down on a hot day! :thumbsup2

Snow Kitty is very cute! Connor loves him!

I love DC in the spring. The cherry blossoms are just beautiful. The International Spy Museum has an interactive activity that takes you on a mission through DC, sort of like KP. We're going to try it over Easter weekend.

I did see that activity at the spy museum and thought it sounded fun. You will have to let me know how you liked it this spring!

CSR looks beautiful! The refurbed rooms look gorgeous. I like that there's a door to the sink area and queen beds!

Me too! I love the refurbed rooms and there is a lot to be said for queen-sized beds when traveling with children.

You have to try BLT at least once. It's such a great location and I love the art in the room.

I always start drooling when I see pictures of it. :laughing:

283.jpg

Brooklynn always thinks she has to have her picture made sitting here. After she sees Chelsea standing, I am placing a bet that the next time she passes it, she's going to think she needs to do the same thing! :laughing:

Hi Jackie! Loved your day at AK. Your Meerkat interlude was great. Connor has such fun poses!:goodvibes Great find on Chelsea's tanks:thumbsup2 Chelsea and I are kindred spirits when it comes to stickiness. If there is a way to get sticky hands at a restaurant, it will happen to me, and I hate it! :headache: Anita, maybe I should leave my straw in the glass! :rotfl2:

Brooklynn always thinks she has to have her picture made sitting here. After she sees Chelsea standing, I am placing a bet that the next time she passes it, she's going to think she needs to do the same thing! :laughing:

:lmao: Yes, I could see Brooklyn wanting to stand next time! Every time I look at that picture of Chelsea, I am shocked at how she is all legs! :laughing:

Hi Jackie! Loved your day at AK. Your Meerkat interlude was great. Connor has such fun poses!:goodvibes Great find on Chelsea's tanks:thumbsup2 Chelsea and I are kindred spirits when it comes to stickiness. If there is a way to get sticky hands at a restaurant, it will happen to me, and I hate it! :headache: Anita, maybe I should leave my straw in the glass! :rotfl2:

Hi, Tammie! Thanks! Yes, Chelsea is the queen of stickiness at Disney and after reading your comment, I can't help but think that she is never going to outgrow it! :lmao:

Wednesday, July 21, 2010: Part One

Today was our Magic Kingdom day, and the plans had it packed full of fun. We opted to take the bus and were up and out of our room early enough to get there for rope drop.

Early morning smiles! Some more sincere than others.
298.jpg

We made good time and were at the gates by 8:40 -- right up front directly in front of the right-hand tunnel.

299.jpg

It was already getting blisteringly hot, and my family has absolutely no patience when it comes to waiting. Before long, all three of them were complaining and whining. A lot. To the point where I was wondering what I could do to distance myself from them. The only redeeming quality to their moaning was the fact that they did it in low voices, so hopefully those around us were able to ignore them. I know I tried my best.

I tried to get a picture of the Mickey flag, but it didn’t want to cooperate.

301.jpg

The time was absolutely crawling.

300.jpg

Chelsea amused herself with some random pictures.

Why, yes, we do plan to Celebrate Today!
155-1.jpg

Main Street just waiting for us!
156-1.jpg

The crowds were slowly building. By the time the train arrived, it was packed.
154-1.jpg

Finally it was time for the super fun morning show!
302.jpg

158-1.jpg

I think Naveen was looking for you, MeMom! ;)
157-1.jpg

With the Magic Kingdom now officially opened, Charles, Chelsea, and Connor made the mad dash for Space Mountain while I walked a lot more slowly towards the Splash Mountain Fast Pass machines. We met back up, and I heard all about Connor’s first exciting ride through Space. He loved it! He had now conquered two roller coasters: Everest and Space Mountain.

Charles then revealed his own plans for the morning. Yes, there went Charles again turning into his own special brand of Disney Park Nazi.

What did Charles want to do? Get coffee and a haircut.

Say what?

Yes, he wanted a haircut in the Magic Kingdom!

Now before I go on, let me back track a little about what had happened way back home in Georgia. All summer I had been telling Charles he should get a haircut before we headed down to Florida. I knew he would eventually get sick of his longer hair and want to cut it all off. At one point I finally gave up and said, “Well, you can always get your haircut on Main Street at the barber shop if you can’t stand it any longer.”

For once Charles listened and remembered what I had said. When he announced he wanted a haircut he said, “You gave me the idea when you said there was a barber shop on Main Street.”

Alrighty then, I wasn’t about to be the one to deny Charles his chance of making a magical memory in the Magic Kingdom. ;)

Off we went to the Main Street Bakery to procure three iced cappucinos and a chocolate milk (for Connor). It was our first time in there, and it will not be our last! I wished we had been hungry enough to order one of those delicious pastries on display, but we had a late breakfast planned.

After asking a Cast Member, we found the Harmony Barber Shop.

305.jpg

306.jpg

307.jpg

308.jpg

Don’t mind if we do.

I amused myself during Charles’ haircut with taking bunches of pictures and sending them to several friends. I knew they would get a kick out of this experience!

304.jpg

303.jpg

Charles declared it the best haircut he had ever had and made me laugh out loud when he said, “I guess we will need to come back to Disney more often so I can get my hair cut.” Hey, whatever it takes to make him a Disney lover. LOL!

We strolled down Main Street…

309.jpg

310.jpg

312.jpg

To our breakfast destination…

311.jpg

It was time for some breakfast lasagna with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter