Where Pixie-Dusted Birthday Dreams Come True! A July Trip Report! PTR Link! Pg. 116

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Charleston Princess, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

We love DC, too, and the kids have never been. Connor is very into history right now, so I know we would have a great there.

We are looking at CSR. We stayed there for a spring break trip in 2008, and Connor loved it there. As much as I would like to stay at a deluxe, it is so hard to justify the price.

Ten nights at BLT sound heavenly!!!

It was a lovely ending.

Me too! I would not have been pleased if he had lost his Teva Mush flip flop forever!

:rotfl: Ah, yes, the Yeti slippers! Those were great!

:lmao: What a great story! Disney is one of the few places where I feel safe sending the kids off for rides and such. In the "real world," I won't let them wander far.

::yes::

If only I had known they were going to make me mad, I would have sprayed more. ;)

Always!!! They seem to delight in it! :laughing:

Why yes I did! :lmao:

They were pretty soaked. After our day of riding Kali, we had a lot of clothes hanging up and drying in the hotel room.

Thanks!

No, it's not!

Yes, I had visions of him having to hop on one foot all the way back to the bus stop.

The kids were very pleased with their purchases.

Yes, I think he learned his lesson. ;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Charleston Princess

Yes, it was very refreshing for the kids.

I think I have some more from our Magic Kingdom day! :thumbsup2

Hi! It is a Vera Bradley -- it is the mailbag style. It is bigger than the hipster and smaller than the messenger, so it is the perfect size for a park bag.

Thanks! We had a lot of fun!

He is very cute, isn't he? :goodvibes

4. hollisterluva92

hollisterluva92 DIS Veteran

Great Update Jackie!!!!!!! Me and my mom did the same thing with Kali! We rode it once, and since we were already soaked, we decided heck, let's ride it again! I love the squirting water elephants! Chelsea is definitely a brave soul leaning out of the raft! Oh boys, always losing their stuff, and the girls always come to the rescue! Love the snow kitty and Chelsea's shirts!

5. If U Had Wings

If U Had Wings DIS Veteran

I love the Kali pictures. How funny that they actually wanted to get sprayed!

6. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

great updates!! I am all caught up.

Taste of Africa looked YUMMY! I love that Chelsea will still dance the street if asked. :thumbsup2 Cute tank tops and snow kitty. I can completely see a lost flip flop for that same reason with my kids, and I'd have been none too pleased either.

7. mousescrapper

mousescrapper DIS Veteran

what a nice way to end Ak...the wet or dry versions(s) ;) I would have been dry like you...I prefer to be wet only in the shower orw/ a swimsuit on

your title "lost shoe" I was envisoning one of the kids coming off the ride missing it...glad it wasn't that.

can't wait to see what adventures you guys find at MK!

8. Lovemy3babes

Lovemy3babes Is always in need to get herself and her children

Haha, I love the photo of them, begging to be sprayed. My kids rode Kali alone once on our last trip and they too, were yelling to be soaked. And this was in December. Crazy kids!

I love the souvenir choices! The snow kitty is adorable and those tanks from the safari are super cute! :) I would totally wear those.

9. SwansLoveDisney

SwansLoveDisney DIS Veteran

I am so happy that you have the links to your posts at the beginning of the TR. It makes it so much easier for a DIS slacker like me to keep up!

Your meerkat modeling pictures had me cracking up! :laughing:

Chelsea's tank tops are adorable!

Looks like you had a wonderful day at Animal Kingdom...aside from the loss and retrieval of the flip flop!

10. LionKingDramaQueen

LionKingDramaQueen Thirsting for adventure

subscribing.........and loving it. I am 12 years old, so I can really relate to alot of your Chelsea problems. Disney would be my DREAM birthday. Hmmmmmmm.. maybe an idea for my big 13 next year. TripTime (dad) if you're reading this.....this is a clue!:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::love:

11. MegansMom

MegansMom Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mou

Oh how I LOVED this post! :goodvibes

12. LionKingDramaQueen

LionKingDramaQueen Thirsting for adventure

why, thank you! :lmao: I've been telling my dad aka TripTime that I want to go to Disney instead of having a party or presents next year since this will be a special bday......13! But, right now anyway, the lights are dim because we are already going in March for my bro's bday during my Spring Break for the 3rd YEAR IN A ROW! And, since my bday is in July, it would be to close t o our other trip. I know, I know, I know what you are thinking. Never ever ever ever ever is it possible to have to many Disney trips. But, before you start freaking out, realize that my dad and I would totally take the chance to go again, but keep in mind that we are only half of the family, and my mom and bro don't care for Disney as much as us. I know......CRAZIES!:scared1::eek: So, all in all, my dream 13 birthday is not looking so great right now. BUTTTTTTTTTT, I have a whole life ahead of me, so there is no reason to rush, because I'm pretty sure that once I go on my bday, I will want to go EVERY year, and as GLORIOUS as that sounds, once again remember the other half of the family. We ♥ them so we try to keep the family sane by not completely going all Disney-Nuts on them and keep our Disneyaddiction under control......who am I kidding? We try to keep the REST of the family sane, because...well.... Dad and I are already under the Disney-insanity curse. :rotfl2: But, we're not complaining, oh no sirree bob, we are perfectly perfect as Disney freaks, and prefer to remain that way. I mean, come on....look what website we are on!:rotfl: Well, hope that answers your question....oh wait...you never asked a question...I just vented to you all for nothing. Sorry about that and I hope that you have a Disneyriffic rest of the evening.:goodvibes

13. MaryAz

MaryAz DIS Veteran

Great last update at AK!! I can't wait for the day I can spray my kiddos on Kali!!

14. Cat0727

Cat0727 DIS Veteran

We only ride Kali when it's dying hot outside. It's a nice relief if you get soaking wet on a humid, 90 degree day that's for sure! Love the photos of Connor and Chelsea on the ride, it looks like they love it! :thumbsup2

I love the snow kitty! I kinda want one now even though I have collected enough stuffed animals lol :laughing:

15. Native NYer

Native NYer DIS Veteran

I love DC in the spring. The cherry blossoms are just beautiful. The International Spy Museum has an interactive activity that takes you on a mission through DC, sort of like KP. We're going to try it over Easter weekend.

CSR looks beautiful! The refurbed rooms look gorgeous. I like that there's a door to the sink area and queen beds!

You have to try BLT at least once. It's such a great location and I love the art in the room.

16. Charleston Princess

Thanks! Chelsea has no problem courting danger by leaning out of the raft. :laughing:

Thanks! Yes, they wanted to be sprayed! They love getting wet even when they are fully clothed. LOL!

Hi, Cynthia! I loved the dancing with the CM! Such a cute moment! Yes, I am not completely sure what happened by I am sure they were goofing around when Connor's flip flop went into the pond. :rolleyes:

Yes, it was the perfect end to a great day at the Animal Kingdom. Luckily, we were able to retrieve the shoe. Can you just imagine Connor hopping all the way back to the bus if we hadn't? :sad2::laughing: Lots more fun coming at the Magic Kingdom!

I could see my two wanting to ride even if it was cold.

I like those safari tanks, too. Unfortunately, Chelsea is not quite the same size as me yet. ;)

I am so glad! :goodvibes

I am convinced he was posing for us. :laughing:

Thanks! She really liked them.

One tiny glitch in the day which was pretty good. :thumbsup2

17. Charleston Princess

Welcome!!! Yes, having a birthday at Disney is an awful lot of fun!!!

Me too! :laughing:

:laughing: Yes, it is hard when the entire family isn't as Disney obsessed as we would like, isn't it? ;)

It is very stress-releasing. :lmao:

Kali is a nice way to cool down on a hot day! :thumbsup2

Snow Kitty is very cute! Connor loves him!

I did see that activity at the spy museum and thought it sounded fun. You will have to let me know how you liked it this spring!

Me too! I love the refurbed rooms and there is a lot to be said for queen-sized beds when traveling with children.

I always start drooling when I see pictures of it. :laughing:

18. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

Brooklynn always thinks she has to have her picture made sitting here. After she sees Chelsea standing, I am placing a bet that the next time she passes it, she's going to think she needs to do the same thing! :laughing:

19. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Hi Jackie! Loved your day at AK. Your Meerkat interlude was great. Connor has such fun poses!:goodvibes Great find on Chelsea's tanks:thumbsup2 Chelsea and I are kindred spirits when it comes to stickiness. If there is a way to get sticky hands at a restaurant, it will happen to me, and I hate it! :headache: Anita, maybe I should leave my straw in the glass! :rotfl2:

20. Charleston Princess

:lmao: Yes, I could see Brooklyn wanting to stand next time! Every time I look at that picture of Chelsea, I am shocked at how she is all legs! :laughing:

Hi, Tammie! Thanks! Yes, Chelsea is the queen of stickiness at Disney and after reading your comment, I can't help but think that she is never going to outgrow it! :lmao:

21. Charleston Princess

Wednesday, July 21, 2010: Part One

Today was our Magic Kingdom day, and the plans had it packed full of fun. We opted to take the bus and were up and out of our room early enough to get there for rope drop.

Early morning smiles! Some more sincere than others.
    [​IMG]

We made good time and were at the gates by 8:40 -- right up front directly in front of the right-hand tunnel.

[​IMG]

It was already getting blisteringly hot, and my family has absolutely no patience when it comes to waiting. Before long, all three of them were complaining and whining. A lot. To the point where I was wondering what I could do to distance myself from them. The only redeeming quality to their moaning was the fact that they did it in low voices, so hopefully those around us were able to ignore them. I know I tried my best.

I tried to get a picture of the Mickey flag, but it didn’t want to cooperate.

[​IMG]

The time was absolutely crawling.

[​IMG]

Chelsea amused herself with some random pictures.

Why, yes, we do plan to Celebrate Today!
    [​IMG]

Main Street just waiting for us!
    [​IMG]

The crowds were slowly building. By the time the train arrived, it was packed.
    [​IMG]

Finally it was time for the super fun morning show!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think Naveen was looking for you, MeMom! ;)
    [​IMG]

With the Magic Kingdom now officially opened, Charles, Chelsea, and Connor made the mad dash for Space Mountain while I walked a lot more slowly towards the Splash Mountain Fast Pass machines. We met back up, and I heard all about Connor’s first exciting ride through Space. He loved it! He had now conquered two roller coasters: Everest and Space Mountain.

Charles then revealed his own plans for the morning. Yes, there went Charles again turning into his own special brand of Disney Park Nazi.

What did Charles want to do? Get coffee and a haircut.

Say what?

Yes, he wanted a haircut in the Magic Kingdom!

Now before I go on, let me back track a little about what had happened way back home in Georgia. All summer I had been telling Charles he should get a haircut before we headed down to Florida. I knew he would eventually get sick of his longer hair and want to cut it all off. At one point I finally gave up and said, “Well, you can always get your haircut on Main Street at the barber shop if you can’t stand it any longer.”

For once Charles listened and remembered what I had said. When he announced he wanted a haircut he said, “You gave me the idea when you said there was a barber shop on Main Street.”

Alrighty then, I wasn’t about to be the one to deny Charles his chance of making a magical memory in the Magic Kingdom. ;)

Off we went to the Main Street Bakery to procure three iced cappucinos and a chocolate milk (for Connor). It was our first time in there, and it will not be our last! I wished we had been hungry enough to order one of those delicious pastries on display, but we had a late breakfast planned.

After asking a Cast Member, we found the Harmony Barber Shop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don’t mind if we do.

I amused myself during Charles’ haircut with taking bunches of pictures and sending them to several friends. I knew they would get a kick out of this experience!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Charles declared it the best haircut he had ever had and made me laugh out loud when he said, “I guess we will need to come back to Disney more often so I can get my hair cut.” Hey, whatever it takes to make him a Disney lover. LOL!

We strolled down Main Street…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To our breakfast destination…

[​IMG]

It was time for some breakfast lasagna with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet…