• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where Pixie-Dusted Birthday Dreams Come True! A July Trip Report! PTR Link! Pg. 116

You are totally giving me hope that one day, sometime way in the future I'm sure, Don will become a Disney convert! I love that Charles wanted to get a haircut at the Main Street Barber Shop! :laughing:

Yippee for Connor conquering Space Mountain and loving it :woohoo:

Hi, everyone! Welcome to another Charleston Princess trip report! This trip was to celebrate my daughter’s thirteenth birthday, and what a celebration it was!!! I can’t wait to share all the stories with you!

Before I begin, let me introduce the cast of characters for this trip.

Charles: The man who claims to have no love for Disney World. He has been known to call it, “The Scariest Place on Earth.”
373.jpg

Chelsea: The birthday girl who is now a teenager! She has been practicing being a teenager for the last four years, so she was more than ready to turn thirteen and celebrate at Disney World.
375.jpg

Connor: Our ten-year-old who never meets a stranger when he is at Disney World.
377.jpg

And me, Jackie, the Sherpa of the group. ;)
151.jpg

If you are dying to know more about us, feel free to peruse any of the previous PTRs and Trip Reports in my signature.

Now, let’s get this massive party started!!!

Disney is one of the best places for Birthdays. Adults and kids alike.

:rotfl2: It so just figures the one time we pull our rear ends out of the hotel on time that they don't do the show, doesn't it?!?! :goodvibes

If only they had known what a major achievement that was for you! :goodvibes

Great update CP! Charles is SO HOOKED, isn't he?!?!?! Did he get pixie dust or colored hair gel? :laughing: How was the iced coffee from the Bakery? We just bought the teeny pre-packaged one there, but I got a very tasty iced mocha over in DHS, I'm wondering if it's the same....I hope so!

I tried to convince him to do the pixie dust, but he nixed that idea very quickly. :laughing: Actually, I typed it wrong -- we had the frozen cappucinos, but they were delicious! Definitely try one!

Glad to hear Connor liked Space Mountain!!! :yay:

Connor loved every roller coaster he tried on this trip!

Waiting for rope drops wasn't always pleasant with my family either. lol! Patience isn't easy, especially in Disney I guess. Oh well, at least you made it through Jackie!

I wanted to muzzle all three of them. It's amazing how much complaining can be done in the space of twenty minutes. :rolleyes:

The haircut story is so, so funny. Husbands have a "special" way of listening, don't they? ;)

They sure do! :lmao:

You are totally giving me hope that one day, sometime way in the future I'm sure, Don will become a Disney convert! I love that Charles wanted to get a haircut at the Main Street Barber Shop! :laughing:

I hope one day Don becomes a Disney convert! I so want you to have another trip (or several) there! :hug:

Yippee for Connor conquering Space Mountain and loving it :woohoo:

I was very proud of my little man!

I love that Charles got his haircut at MK! :lmao: That's such a great story!

It was one of the highlight of the trips! It cracked me up that Charles wanted to do it!

Disney is one of the best places for Birthdays. Adults and kids alike.

I agree! We had so much fun there celebrating Chelsea's birthday!

Charles wanted a haircut @ MK?

:worship: :banana:

Jackie, I think he is coming around....slowly but surely he is coming around.....to the dark side.......:wizard:

YAY for the MSB! And it is the best haircut ever, at least for my boys too! Jeff almost got one but wasn't brave enough. Maybe next time.

I can't wait to read about your brunch.

Finally, all caught up!!! I love that Charles had his hair cut at MK. Too funny! Love the report so far. Can't wait to hear about CP.

I get a secret thrill over seeing Main Street empty and just waiting for you! :goodvibes

And too funny on the haircut. I loved it when I found about it before, and I love it still. :lmao:

I love that Charles got a haircut on Main St. He really is more of a fan than he lets on isn't he? :rotfl:

The pictures of those crowds though are making me wince. Way too many people there!

Awww...I love the opening at MK! :woohoo:

That's FANTASTIC that Charles got a haircut at the MK barber and LIKED it! Sounds like a good reason to go back to Disney to me too! :rolleyes1

Jackie, I'm trying to talk my little guy into getting a haircut at the barber shop in MK. You just gave me an idea, maybe if I can get DH to have his cut, DS will follow suit. Hmm...just not sure which one will be a harder sell. :rotfl:

Jackie! I can't believe you had to ask where the barber shop was! :rolleyes1

Very cool that Charles chose to get his haircut there and even better that he declared it the best ever! :cool1:

all caught up. My sister wanted a haircut at MK , but we just couldn't seem to squeeze it in!

what a nice experiance.

KIM

That's awesome that Charles wanted to get his haircut! Like you said--- anything that turns him into a Disney fan!!

Okay, Jackie, admit it, you are slipping some pixie dust into Charles coffee every morning!!!:lmao:

I am so glad that he is starting to catch the Disney bug! Also, very cool that Connor is getting into the rollercoaster phase!

Deb

So its almost the weekend and you know what that means........U P D A T E ! :cool1:

I'm once again way behind.

Going back to your Taste of Africa update; mango shake YUM! I wonder if it's as good as the mango pie at Y&Y? Loved the picture of the kids "dancing in the street". My gang can't pass the drums without stopping to play. Chelsea's tank tops are fabulous, I know 2 girls who whould like them too.

MK-Yeah for rope drop. We love rope drop. Kudos to Connor for braving another thrill ride. My jaw dropped when I read that Charles wanted a hair cut at MSB. Too bad he didn't go for the pixie dust too.

Looking foward to breakfast!

Charles wanted a haircut @ MK?

:worship: :banana:

Jackie, I think he is coming around....slowly but surely he is coming around.....to the dark side.......:wizard:

HI, Katie! Can you believe it??? Let's hope he stays on the dark side. LOL!

YAY for the MSB! And it is the best haircut ever, at least for my boys too! Jeff almost got one but wasn't brave enough. Maybe next time.

I can't wait to read about your brunch.

Jeff should definitely get his one sometime. It makes for great pictures. :laughing: We tried to get Connor to do it, too, but he wanted nothing to do with it.

Finally, all caught up!!! I love that Charles had his hair cut at MK. Too funny! Love the report so far. Can't wait to hear about CP.

Hi! Seeing Charles sitting there getting his haircut in the middle of Magic Kingdom was one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed!

I get a secret thrill over seeing Main Street empty and just waiting for you! :goodvibes

And too funny on the haircut. I loved it when I found about it before, and I love it still. :lmao:

Main Street certainly didn't stay empty for long that day. Charles' haircut was one of my favorite moments of the trip.

I love that Charles got a haircut on Main St. He really is more of a fan than he lets on isn't he? :rotfl:

The pictures of those crowds though are making me wince. Way too many people there!

I think Charles is slowly coming around...or he just decided to play along for the sake of Chelsea's birthday trip. ;)

Believe it or not, I didn't think it was as crowded as it could have been while we were there.

Awww...I love the opening at MK! :woohoo:

That's FANTASTIC that Charles got a haircut at the MK barber and LIKED it! Sounds like a good reason to go back to Disney to me too! :rolleyes1

I would be there every couple of months to ensure that Charles got a good haircut if I could. :lmao:

Jackie, I'm trying to talk my little guy into getting a haircut at the barber shop in MK. You just gave me an idea, maybe if I can get DH to have his cut, DS will follow suit. Hmm...just not sure which one will be a harder sell. :rotfl:

That would be adorable if you could convince both of them to get their haircut there! Think of the pictures! ::yes::

Jackie! I can't believe you had to ask where the barber shop was! :rolleyes1

Sad, isn't it? We had never been over in that corner before, I guess. ;) It wasn't on the map, either.

Very cool that Charles chose to get his haircut there and even better that he declared it the best ever! :cool1:

A happy Charles is a happy family! :thumbsup2

Great Update at MSB !!! I have yet to try breakfast at CP !!But supper is a MUST!!!! Love me those rolls !!!

Breakfast at CP is delicious! You should definitely try it sometime.

all caught up. My sister wanted a haircut at MK , but we just couldn't seem to squeeze it in!

what a nice experiance.

KIM

The barber shop is very small, but it was such an experience watching Charles get his hair cut.

That's awesome that Charles wanted to get his haircut! Like you said--- anything that turns him into a Disney fan!!

I was all for it! :thumbsup2

Okay, Jackie, admit it, you are slipping some pixie dust into Charles coffee every morning!!!:lmao:

I am so glad that he is starting to catch the Disney bug! Also, very cool that Connor is getting into the rollercoaster phase!

Deb

Hi, Deb! If only it were as simple as slipping pixie dust into his coffee, I would be doing it all the time. :rotfl:

Connor has now joined the ranks of the daredevils of the family.

So its almost the weekend and you know what that means........U P D A T E ! :cool1:

Hi, Mary Ellen! Yes, there will be an update this weekend. Unfortunately, I am going to HAVE to go to the grocery store this morning instead of doing one since we are out of coffee creamer. I can handle being out of just about everything except coffee and creamer. :(

I'm once again way behind.

Going back to your Taste of Africa update; mango shake YUM! I wonder if it's as good as the mango pie at Y&Y? Loved the picture of the kids "dancing in the street". My gang can't pass the drums without stopping to play. Chelsea's tank tops are fabulous, I know 2 girls who whould like them too.

MK-Yeah for rope drop. We love rope drop. Kudos to Connor for braving another thrill ride. My jaw dropped when I read that Charles wanted a hair cut at MSB. Too bad he didn't go for the pixie dust too.

Looking foward to breakfast!

Hi! I have had both the mango pie (way back in 2008) and the mango shake, and I have to say the shake was my favorite of the two.

I love those tank tops, too. I wish they fit me.

I love rope drop, too, since we can get so much done. It's getting the rest of the family up and out of the room early that is always the kicker.

I so wanted Charles to get the pixie dust! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter