Where Pixie-Dusted Birthday Dreams Come True! A July Trip Report! PTR Link! Pg. 116

Welcome!!! Yes said:
Yes, we are going to MNSSHP! This will be our first time! We are so excited! We went to the Christmas party last year and loved it!

Taste of Africa sounds awesome. I wish they were doing it while we are there, but I think I am already going to be stuffed to the gills with all the food we want to try this trip. :rotfl:

Disney food and drinks - YUM! Chelsea's drink mishaps sound like Tessa's bathroom issues. Why does this happen on our trips????:confused3 Anyway, I think I missed some of your updates, seeing PART 7 was at the beginning of this one!:rolleyes1 It looked like a great day!

ooh Taste of Africa sounds like a fun time! I really want a mango shake right now :love: I love how the CM pulled in Chelsea & Connor to dance with him!

I really do :lovestruc mojitos....so I may have to try this....if it is too sweet I will have to chase it down with a Lost on Safari :laughing:

:lmao: I like the way you think Tracy!

Your treats from Taste of Africa sound yummy! And the pics of the kids with the African dancer are great - what fun!

Vacation with my sister in WDW then home to lots of doubles and laundry.
All caught up. :thumbsup2

KIM

So it's Saturday and I hope you are going to starve your family again so we can get an update! :goodvibes:rolleyes1

Hmmm, do we get an update? I need a dose of Disney with my morning coffee.

And I'm not used to seeing you ticker-less. There MUST be another trip in the works ;)

Great update!!!!!! That mango shake and the mojito and the dessert looked SO GOOD!!!!! I bought one of the small frozen plants from the land and they gave me that Disney conservation button! Love your updates!!!! Tell Chelsea that I loved her pink shirt!

Oh, I haven't seen those frozen plants -- that sounds neat. What are they exactly?

Great update... I just love AK!

Thanks! We are rather fond of it ourselves!

Yum-I'll take one of those mango shakes, please.

I would love to have another one.

:love: this!! I know you would have been disappointed to not have seen them...they are my favorites, too, along with the zebras. After not seeing the zebras for awhile, since they're all at AKL now, this summer I made it a point we had to visit AKL to see them. They were hiding, too, but I did get a few pics. :upsidedow

I didn't realize the zebras where all at AKL now!

Meerkat photoshoot...and captions! :lmao: Now I see where Connor gets his sense of humor!

I'll take a mango shake, too, please. :)

Connor and I do share a very similar sense of humor. LOL!

:wave2: Hi Jackie! I've been a bit behind with my DIS lately. The school year schedule just doesn't allow enough "me" time. :lmao: Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I'm still reading along, but at warp speed.

PS. I :lovestruc your meerkat photos.

Thanks! I know what you mean about the school year. I have been busier this year than I have been in a very long time!

Yummy update. Taste of Africa looked great. Kinda like getting to try the awesome stuff at Boma without having to go all the way over there. I'm not a mojito fan. It always seems like a weird combination of flavors to me. And this guy wanted to say hi. We got really close at the Nashville Zoo.
DSCN1454.jpg

Ah, what a wonderful picture!!! I love it!!! Thanks! :goodvibes

Yes, we are going to MNSSHP! This will be our first time! We are so excited! We went to the Christmas party last year and loved it!

Taste of Africa sounds awesome. I wish they were doing it while we are there, but I think I am already going to be stuffed to the gills with all the food we want to try this trip. :rotfl:

You will love, love, love MNSHHP! It is wonderful! Make sure you see the parade!

Disney has some of the best vacation food! I could eat all day long when we are there!

Jackie! Guess what? Panera has a mango smoothie that tastes delicious! :love::woohoo::goodvibes

Yeay!!! I will have to remember that! I love Panera!

Disney food and drinks - YUM! Chelsea's drink mishaps sound like Tessa's bathroom issues. Why does this happen on our trips????:confused3 Anyway, I think I missed some of your updates, seeing PART 7 was at the beginning of this one!:rolleyes1 It looked like a great day!

Yes, it seems to be Murphy's Law for Chelsea to end up all sticky at Disney! :sad2:

ooh Taste of Africa sounds like a fun time! I really want a mango shake right now :love: I love how the CM pulled in Chelsea & Connor to dance with him!

The dancing in Africa was one of my favorite moments of the trip!

So it's Saturday and I hope you are going to starve your family again so we can get an update! :goodvibes:rolleyes1

Yes, actually I am doing just that! :laughing:

Vacation with my sister in WDW then home to lots of doubles and laundry.
All caught up. :thumbsup2

KIM

Welcome back! Did you have a great time?

Your treats from Taste of Africa sound yummy! And the pics of the kids with the African dancer are great - what fun!

We had a fabulous time in Africa that night!

Hmmm, do we get an update? I need a dose of Disney with my morning coffee.

And I'm not used to seeing you ticker-less. There MUST be another trip in the works ;)

Getting ready to post an update right now! :thumbsup2

I am not used to being tickerless, either. We have been going round and round about what to do vacation-wise next year.

July 20, 2010: Part Eight

Finally, we reach the last of the Animal Kingdom updates!

Leaving Africa, we leisurely strolled towards Kali to use our “birthday” Fast Passes.

We stopped to admire the Tree of Life.
279.jpg

281.jpg

282.jpg

Connor monkeyed around a bit.
280.jpg

The kids soaked in the local atmosphere.
283.jpg

284.jpg

286.jpg

285.jpg

287.jpg

We reached Kali, and I decided I wasn’t quite in the mood to get soaking wet again. I sent Chelsea and Connor on ahead to brave the rapids while I, camera in hand, waited for them.

293.jpg

294.jpg

291.jpg

292.jpg

Soon they were rounding the bend and begging me to spray them!

288.jpg

289.jpg

290.jpg

As soon as they were off, they begged to go again. I sent them on their way.

295.jpg

297.jpg

Afterwards we decided to call it a night, grabbed a pretzel from the cart near Kali, and made our way towards the entrance. As we neared the exit, Charles called, and we stopped near the entrance to the Rainforest Café so I could talk to him. Somehow, during our conversation, Connor managed to lose his flip flop in the pond. Chelsea, luckily, was able to retrieve it, but I was less than pleased. I am pretty sure he lost it because the two of them were goofing around.

Back at the hotel, Charles was happy we were back (he had been bored while we were gone), and we all went to the pool for the remainder of the evening.

Here are the souvenirs from our Animal Kingdom day.

Connor’s Snow Kitty:
174.jpg

Chelsea’s Safari shirts:
004-1.jpg

Up Next: A Day at the Magic Kingdom!

July 20, 2010: Part Eight

Finally, we reach the last of the Animal Kingdom updates!

Leaving Africa, we leisurely strolled towards Kali to use our “birthday” Fast Passes.

We stopped to admire the Tree of Life.
279.jpg

Soon they were rounding the bend and begging me to spray them!

288.jpg

289.jpg

290.jpg

Connor’s Snow Kitty:
174.jpg

Chelsea’s Safari shirts:
004-1.jpg

Up Next: A Day at the Magic Kingdom!

I love this first picture of the TOL. I love how it is framed by the other trees.

Are you sure Chelsea isn't going to fall out of the raft? :rotfl: Sheesh - Brave Girl!

And I love the snow kitty. I really want one now! :laughing:

Love the pictures on Kali!!!! Great Chelseaxpressions!! :laughing:

Snow Kitty is cute!!! I wonder if he is pals with Yeti? Not likely.

Tracy

I love photo heavy updates.

Looks like the kids had a great time on Kali, they even wanted seconds!

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Snow Kitty. It is adorable! And Chelsea's tank tops are too cute. :thumbsup2

Loving all the Ak updates. Taste of Africa was a blast. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Funny that Charles missed everyone when he chose to stay back. :laughing:

We'll have to get ourselves a Snow Kitten! It reminds me of our little "Snowy" kitten. ;)

I don't blame you for sitting out Kali... once was enough for me. :rolleyes1

Kali amazes me in the fact that you can get so very wet in such a short amount of time!
Unless, you are wearing a poncho and shower cap.

Did you shoot them with water?:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter