Where are you from?

Hi! We're from Rhode Island and always fly because we can get up at 5 AM and be checking into WDW by 11 am! Why waste a few days of our vacation getting there?... not to mention the long depressing ride home! Besides, DBF won't drive 20 minutes to go anywhere unless it's on our Harley...LOL... Rhode Islanders are allergic to drives more than 15-20 minutes long so it's funny Betsyt82 that you want to do the East Coast trip. When I was growing up my parents took us on a two week road trip every summer but none of my friends ever made it out of New England. Years later I realized that it's just one of those weird RI things. We did the RI to FLA trip quite a few times but I haven't been in over 30 years and would love to see how everything has changed ... I'll bet it's probably not for the good.

We are from Northeast Ohio and always fly to WDW. :wave2:

and being centrally located to 5 airports (Stewart, LaGuardia, JFK, Albany & Hartford) we FLY FLY FLY!!!

I couldn't imagine driving that long with the kids, they BARELY make it to Cape Cod and that's only 5 hours!!!

We are from Dallas, Texas!! Ye-haw!

We have always flown to WDW, but when I was a kid, my parents always drove. It takes two days, and my DH and I just don't want to 'waste' four of our precious vacation days driving, so we fly.

:wave2:

I live in Charleston, SC and grew up driving down. Now that I have my own family, we have flown 7 times and driven twice (first trip w/ DD and our most recent trip). A few months ago we drove for the first time in 5 years and it was so easy I'll probably drive the next time. I LOVED having my own car with me - gave us freedoms we hadn't had in the past, always relying on town car service. It took us about 6.5 hours to get to our resort with several brief stops. I think I'm a convert!!

I am from Flower Mound, Texas. We always drive. I hate to fly (I worry about flying from the time we buy the plane tickets until I get home from the trip). It takes us 3 days....We drive 6 hours to Opelousas Louisiana and spend the night with my inlaws. The next morning we drive 2 hours to New Orleans and visit my parents. Very early the next morning we leave for Disney World.

Charleston, SC

It is a 6.5-7.5 hour car ride. We use to live in Indiana and we flew, which spoiled the kids. They don't understand why we just can't hop on a plane like we use to.

Hertfordshire - England.......2 hours to Gatwick Airport along the car park (known as the M25 Motorway) - 9hour flight - but worth every minute when you step onto Main Street.

Lump in throat - tear in eye and looking forward to August this year for our 2nd visit.

Good Day to you Ladies and Gentlemen (in best British Accent)

LOL

We are just west of Atlanta. We always drive to WDW. It usually takes us 6 to 6.5 hours. We don't think it's a bad drive at all. We leave the house by 6am (most of the time about 5am) so we arrive around lunchtime.

:thewave:

Hello from NC. I have driven and flown. It takes about 10 hours to drive but such an easy little flight. About 1.5 hours and we are there!! My and a friend are thinking about taking the train next time. It is like 12 hours but during the night so we would sleep. No daytime wasted traveling. Sounds interesting.

Terri

we live in Lake Worth, Fl.
it takes us usually 2 1/2 hours to drive. sometimes 3 depending on potty breaks! ::MinnieMo

South Texas, just north of San Antonio. WDW is about 1200 miles from here. Drove first three trips:crazy2:, flown last three ::yes:: . Flying out of Austin in (see countdown below)...

Hey!:wave: We live in Clinton, MO and it takes about 22-23 hours to drive, or we drive about 1-1/2 hours to KC and fly non-stop in 2-1/2 hours. I actually like the drive a lot better, great scenery, love to drive along the coast, spend a day at the beach. But now that the whole family doesn't want to go with us, DD and I fly every time. *sigh*

We live in Southern Minnesota. We definitely fly! With three kids 6, 3 and 8 months it's the only way to go! (Especially since our 8 month-old HATES her car seat!!) ;)

We used to be from Connecticut, Ridgefield baby!... But now we are east of San Francisco! and we are still going to WDW!::MickeyMo

North Eastern California here - no way would we drive to WDW. Flying takes about 9 hours as it is - with connections and lay overs

But we love it and will keep doing it often

princess: Shelly

NE Pa. here
We have always and will always drive. 17-18 hrs straight through.
Its not too bad. We leave around midnight and by the time you would start getting alittle tired, its getting light out and it helps wake you up.( the sun and a TON of coffee) There are always two of us to drive also.(although my DH does the lions share).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter