• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Where are you from?

Monterey Ca. We drive to DL but fly to WDW we stay in Fl usually 10 days because we loose 2 days travel time. :bounce:

We live in Brooklyn, New York, and we always fly to WDW. I dread the thought of driving for 2 days. This trip, my mom is taking the bus down because she will not get on a plane, and we're flying. She's leaving the day before us, 23 hours on a bus, and her bus gets in 3 hours before our flight gets to MCO. So she'll take a taxi from the bus station to MCO to wait for us to get off the plane!

We are in Minnesota-

Drove last time and will drive again this year. takes 27 hours if I drive a lot, 25 1/2 if hubby drives most of the way. last time we drove straight thru-:crazy:

this time we are traveling with more people and will take 2 1/2 days to get there.

Northern California here......wish we could drive, but alas it would take many days. So we drive to DL, and of course fly to WDW. Six hours & 3 time zones later....Next trip in 2 weeks!! Yeah!

Orange Park Florida I drive down every few months...
fahr04.gif

It takes 2 hours 15 minutes.

Las Vegas...... or Lost Wages depending on who you ask!!

Use to live in NYC before I went to college, and always flew from there like my parents will be in July....but now that I live in Charlotte,NC and I am so use to driving home to NYC that a drive about 8-9 hours is not bad at all.

We fly obviously and it takes about 20 hours or so door to door. We connect in New York and then to Orlando. I have already booked out flights for October and looking forward to it!!!!
Any other Europeans out there???:earsgirl: :sunny: :earsgirl:
( I am a US ex-pat.... 18 years in Europe)

We're from wherever the military sends us :teeth: I am originally from the Atlanta area and my husband is originally from central Florida. When we were stationed in Mississippi we drove to Disney World every year. If memory serves me correctly it would take us about 10 hours to get there. This year we are flying from Amsterdam-London-Orlando. It will be about a 12 hour trip overall, I think. We are not going to Disney World right away, though. We will spend a week with my in-laws and then drive to Disney World from their house. I think that drive will be about an hour and a half.

From SYRACUSE N.Y. home of 2003 National Champs basketball and 2004 National Champs lacrosse.:bounce: :Pinkbounc We drove a couple of times to WDW but rather fly. Sooner we get to WDW or DCL the BETTER.:wave2:

We are from N.Ireland!!! We normally fly to London (takes 1hr) stay overnight then fly to MCO (takes 9hrs)!:thewave:

Maryland here...when I drive it's about 13 hours...but I also fly...especially when I get good deals on airfare!:cloud9: :mickeybar

Hi, we are from Rhode Island and we normally fly. I want to take a road trip at some point that will give the kids a chance to see the Eastern Seaboard.........but hubby is a get me there quick kind of guy. When I plan the roadie it will cover a two week stretch of time and have plenty of stops to see that part of the country.

we are also from long island. eastern suffolk county. we usually take the train, amtrak and get a coup[le of sleeper cars for our trip. i drive in traffic every day back and forth to work so on my vacation i do not want to drive.

or sometime we fly out of MacAuthur airport in Islip. great airport.

Growing up we had a rv so we would drive from Naperville, IL all the time and stay at Ft Wilderness. The swim team flew down every spring for the YMCA Nationals in Orlando (you pass the pool near I Drive on Interstate 4). Now we are in the middle of SC and about an 8 hr drive away. Pop in the dvds and head south. Could do without all the construction though!

alison::MickeyMo

Hi, we are from North Myrtle Beach, SC (right on the NC/SC border). It takes us about 9 hours to drive to WDW. We normally leave around 5am and are swimming in our resort pool by 3:30pm. We can't wait, we are soooo close to leaving!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter