• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Where are you from?

emmasammy

Earning My Ears
Just curious to see where everyone is from and the distant they travel to stay at a disney resort. I'm from Connecticut and just got back from a 10 day stay in Disney! We flew so we could get there quicker instead of the normal 2-day drive.

Eastern North Carolina:wave: As long as they continue to build airplanes, this is the only way. We have driven a few times in past years, but hope to never have to do it again. If driving was the only feasable means of getting to WDW, then i would have to revert back to the auto:crazy2:

We are in MA, and while we do fly sometimes, we have also driven 3x and have no problem with it. We drive 24 hours straight, and the kids love it. They are already complaining that we are flying in July and want to know when can we drive again. It is a fun little adventure and some nice family time. :D

Hi :wave: another Marylander here. We always do the drive :moped: because I hate/am afraid to fly.

A few years ago we had to fly, or do the dreaded drive of 23 hours. Now we are a two hour drive from the Mouse, living on the west coast of Florida.

:mickeybar :wave2:

I'm from Indiana. Most of the time we have driven, but we will be flying for our trip in December.

New York City - We have flown twice and driven twice - This time we will be driving. DH didn't like flying prior to 9/11 - now forget it!

We're from Ohio..I'm not sure how far of a drive that is.

We fly, but next year thinking of driving since there will be more of us. :wave2:

Southern California! We are about 45 mins. from Disneyland...so of course we drive there...and, of course, we fly out to WDW when ever we get the chance.

From Chicago area. We usually fly. We drove back in 90, and we drove this year. We took 2 days both there and back. My DH is not a fan of driving...next trip back to the air.....I enjoy flying.....

Denise:cool:

Chicago area .. we drive..every year. its about 18 - 20 hours depending on traffic and time of night that we leave..

We live 25 miles west of Cleveland, Ohio and we drive every time. It's a 17 hour drive so we always stop halfway in Charlotte. We found a great hotel there and we also look at the drive as part of the adventure! We also spend some time exploring Orlando and we also visit my DH's parents in New Port Richey whenever we're down there. We like the freedom of having our vehicle there with us.

Northwest Ohio here. We love road trips and think of them as half of the fun. We drive about 12 to 13 hours the first day, stop for the night somewhere near Atlanta and usually arrive at the World the next day around 1:00pm.

Syracuse NY here
We are flying... gotta love Fequent flyer miles!!!
We always used to drive when i was a kid. I would much rather fly if possible

We live in south Mississippi--it's only about a 10 hour drive for us. Very easily done in just one day! I feel lucky!:D

We're about an hour north of New York City. We used to always fly out of LaGuardia or JFK. Last summer, however, we were traveling during the great blackout of August 2003 and the only airport that was operating in our vicinity was Hartford. What a pleasure it was! No traffic, no congestion, no problem parking. That's where we booked our flight for this coming August.

We are from around Fort Wayne In. The last 12 times we have flown down ,last year we drove and this year we will again drive it took about 18 19 hours. Its a switch from flying Iam not sure if its good or bad. Marlaprincess:

We love WDW and try to visit every 2 years for 3 weeks at a time
because it's kinda far. It's a 8 hour flight but well worth it!!
We will be there June 21-July 10. The count down is now on.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter