What Are You Reading Right Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finished books #2 and #3 of Karen Kingsbury's "First Born" series - a continuation of the Baxter families saga - and I'm now almost finished with the 4th book..:thumbsup2

I have been reading Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett ALL summer long. Has been a very slow reading summer for me. This book is almost 1,000 pages. While it's become one of my favorites (esp. as a lover of historical fiction), I am SO ready to be done with it. Next up: Watership Down (I never read that !)

Finished books #2 and #3 of Karen Kingsbury's "First Born" series - a continuation of the Baxter families saga - and I'm now almost finished with the 4th book..:thumbsup2

I'm amazed at how much you read. How do you do it?
Speed reader?

I gave up on "The Little Friend" after about 140 pages. The premise was interesting, but there was absolutely nothing happening in the plot! I could summarize the entire 140 pages in one sentence....

So, I just started "My Sister's Keeper." I have read a few Picoult books in the past and after the first few found them very formulaic, but I find myself needing a fast and easy read right now.

Next up is Year of Wonders.

BTW - Pillars of the Earth is one of my all-time favorite books.

I'm amazed at how much you read. How do you do it?
Speed reader?

I guess by some standards I could be considered a "speed reader", but it's not anything I'm particularly aware of.. I learned how to read when I was still a toddler (thus my great love of books) and now I can zip through a book in no time flat..

Of course it helps a great deal when a book really, really holds my interest.. It's a struggle to take a "potty break" - and of course I stay up way, way later than I should.. What can I say? I just love to read!! :goodvibes

I have been reading Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett ALL summer long. Has been a very slow reading summer for me. This book is almost 1,000 pages. While it's become one of my favorites (esp. as a lover of historical fiction), I am SO ready to be done with it. Next up: Watership Down (I never read that !)

I loved Pillars and read it over Xmas break. I knew better than to attempt World Without End during the school year. Once it was summer break, I let my brain wind down a bit with some lighter, shorter reads before starting it up. It was great, though, and I liked it even more than Pillars!

I finished The Memoirs of Catherine the Great last night (translated by Cruse and Hoogenboom) and today I'm starting Swimsuit by James Patterson.

Catherine's writing was rivoting. I think Philippa Gregory should move away from English history and write a novel about Catherine and her escapades. She was a truly remarkable woman. I just wish that this translation included the 3rd period of her memoirs. It stopped at the second, right before Empress Elizabeth's death. I'll have to find more to read on this woman.

I've never read Karen Kingsbury before, but I just wandered over to Amazon to see what her books are about. They look like something I'd really enjoy. Any recommendations for a first time Kinsbury reader? BTW, I lovw to read also.

I just finished the Redemption of Sarah Cain by Beverly Lewis. Great book! I just started it last night.

Before that I read The Reader. It had a slow start and I didn't like the writing style at all. It seemed to ramble a lot.

Today I abandoned "19 Minutes" by Jodi Picoult. Maybe the Columbine connection is to upsetting to me?:confused3

Have to pick something for tonight.....

Jodi Picoult's books are like that, most of them are upsetting in one way or another. Handle with Care brought me to tears then again most of her books have. I'm such a cry baby lol

I'm reading Burn by Linda Howard. I really like the main character Jenner Redwine, she has some sass lol

I also enjoyed that book.

I am almost finished with Twenties Girl by Shophie Kinsella. I enjoyed it, thought it was a cute read.

Today I abandoned "19 Minutes" by Jodi Picoult. Maybe the Columbine connection is to upsetting to me?:confused3

Have to pick something for tonight.....

I'm not crazy about most of her books, they seem like they are sad just for the sake of being sad.

I just went to Goodwill yesterday and got a new stash.

Last night I started The Time Keeper's Daughter

also in the stack are Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, Little Earthquakes, and Angela's Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter