What Are You Reading Right Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneyfav4ever

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep
I am currently reading Unfinished Business by Nora Roberts, which is one of her earlier books, and was written in the early 90's. I've only read the first two chapters, but so far, it is very good.

I'm reading some sort of Carl Sagan book that my co-worker lent me. It's a compilation of his works put together by his partner. It's not what I normally read, it's not bad, but it is kind of putting me to sleep at night.

I just started reading Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

I'm reading one of the newest Dean Koontz novels. It's called The Darkest Evening of the Year. I'm about halfway through. It's pretty good, but I'm still trying to figure out what's going on. :lmao:

Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell, who recounts his eyewitness experience as a Navy SEAL involved in Operation Redwing. I'm only on chapter 2, but it's riveting.

Also a Nora Roberts; I just finished Dance of the Gods about an hour ago. I'll be starting the third in that trilogy tonight.

I'm reading An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England by Brock Clarke. It's a little odd but I loved the title too much to pass it up.

Yes, I judged a book by it's cover. ;)

Also a Nora Roberts; I just finished Dance of the Gods about an hour ago. I'll be starting the third in that trilogy tonight.
Oooh! That's a really good trilogy! It's in my top 4 favorite trilogies she's written (The Key trilogy is my all time favorite - I've read that one at least 5 times through).

ETA:
If anybody cares ( ;) ) My top 4 favorites are:

4. Circle Trilogy (Morrigan's Cross, Dance of the Gods, Valley of Silence)
3. Irish Trilogy (Jewels of the Sun, Tears of the Moon, Heart of the Sea)
2. Three Sisters Trilogy (Dance Upon the Air, Heaven and Earth, Face the Fire)
1. The Key Trilogy (Key of Light, Key of Knowledge, Key of Valor)

Her new one - Blood Brothers, is also VERY good. :)

Just finished Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult. I picked up a Nora Roberts last night at Target for the plane ride tonight. I'll be hitting the used bookstore by my grandfather's tomorrow to stock up on books. love paying 50% off!

Here's what I'm reading:

SwordSongcatalogue_tn.jpg

Sword Song continues the story of Uhtred, the Saxon warrior who is a reluctant ally of Alfred the Great. This story, which occurs some five years after the events described in Lords of the North, tells how Alfred's forces evict the Danes from London. Wessex, Alfred's kingdom, has survived the great Viking assaults and now, with Uhtred as a leader, the West Saxon forces begin the campaigns of conquest that will end with a new kingdom called England.

I just finished Savannah Breeze by Mary Kay Andrews and enjoyed it.

I think I'm starting The Thirteenth Tale by Jodi Picoult tonight.

Oooh! That's a really good trilogy! It's in my top 3 favorite trilogies she's written (The Key trilogy is my all time favorite - I've read that one at least 5 times through).

I loved the Key trilogy! I have to say I'm not particularly a Nora Roberts fan, but I really enjoyed that one. When I saw that this trilogy was about vampires, I couldn't pass it up.

I loved the Key trilogy! I have to say I'm not particularly a Nora Roberts fan, but I really enjoyed that one. When I saw that this trilogy was about vampires, I couldn't pass it up.
I don't care as much for the older Nora Roberts stuff (the ones that are predominantly romance novels), but I love her newer trilogies that are more like mysteries.

Her series she wrote as J.D. Robb (the In Death series) is very good as well. :)

I edited my first post to throw in some of my other favorites she's written. :teeth:

I am reading An Unfinished Life: John F. Kennedy by Robert Dallek and Lincoln by David Herbert Donald for my Presidential Biography seminar.
Then for my Europe 1933-1945 class I am reading The Holocaust: The Fate of European Jewry by Leni Yanil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter