What Are You Reading Right Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggestions for caper novels that are like Leverage (the TNT show, I love the style of cons and capers)?

Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. Young Adult but pretty good. I'd say OK for 6th grade and up. Before that I had just finished Echo in the Bone from the Outlander series. Still up in the air about that. It had been such a long time since I had read them that I had to google character names again. Plus she left me hanging.

This afternoon I finished Never Too Late by Robyn Carr. For me, it wasn't one of her best efforts, although I kind of liked it. It just seemed to wrap up too quickly. Next up, Eggs Benedict Arnold. I forget the author's name for sure, I think it's Laura Childs (?). New author for me.

Im just about to start FIRST FAMILY by David Baldacci....my mothers day gift.

Went out last night & bought "Lovely Bones"....finished it this afternoon & SOOOOO disappointed...it definitely wasn't what I thought it would be..now I can go see the movie!

Just started Jodi Picoult's "House Rules".
As a mom of a little boy with autism, I find this book both fascinating and very sad. It is amazing when you read a story similar to your own, from a different perspective.

I finished Murder With Puffins by Donna Andrews yesterday. I just couldn't seem to really get into the book but still plowed through it until the end. I know that a couple of posters here like that series. I found the second book not as interesting as the first. I may give the third book a try but I haven't quite decided yet.

Now I've started reading The Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan. It's the 5th in his Wheel of Time series. In paperback, it's over 900 pages long so I'll be with this book awhile. But that's okay, it's really started out good!

I just finished The Outlander by Gil Adamson. It's about a young widow on the run in the wilderness of the Canadian mountains in 1903. It was a beautifully written story with wonderful character development. It was quite different, but I really liked it.

Just finished "Map of the World" and kind of enjoyed it. It was disturbing, but very well written.

Now I'm reading "Truth and Beauty" by Ann Patchett. I'm loving it!

Trying once again to plow through Shutter island by Dennis Lehane. I really want to like his books, truly I do! I figure since I want to see the movie I should know the real story....

Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. Young Adult but pretty good. I'd say OK for 6th grade and up. Before that I had just finished Echo in the Bone from the Outlander series. Still up in the air about that. It had been such a long time since I had read them that I had to google character names again. Plus she left me hanging.

Agreed, just finished this. Wow, what a great read!

I finished Saving CeeCee Honeycut by Beth Hoffman and I'm on the second book of The Charybdis series. The second book is called As Simple as That by K.A. Thompson.

Hi folks,

We're past page 250, so I'm going to go ahead & close this thread. See you on the next one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter