What Are You Reading Right Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished Karen Kingsbury's "Redemption" last night and started the second book in the series - "Remember".. I'm hooked on the Baxter family - and so glad there are 12 more books to read about them!! :thumbsup2

I got it through an early reviewers program. I was lucky.:thumbsup2

You are lucky! I have that pre-ordered on my Kindle. I'll probably be reading it tomorrow. I'm sooooooooooo, glad they released it at $9.99 and aren't going to make me play the waiting game. :thumbsup2

You are lucky! I have that pre-ordered on my Kindle. I'll probably be reading it tomorrow. I'm sooooooooooo, glad they released it at $9.99 and aren't going to make me play the waiting game. :thumbsup2

Aak, I pre-ordered mine from Amazon, and they say they aren't shipping it until the 17th! (The last pre-order, they did ship w/in a day or two of release, but they send it USPS from the other side of the country! Talk about slow.)

Is anyone else nutty like me? I want books from favorite authors right away, but then I don't read them right away. I just like knowing I can read them whenever I want! :laughing:

Just finished The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. It was very good.

Also The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor. To be honest, I was a little dissapointed, but it was good.

I'm reading An Abundance of Katerines by John Green right now and will be starting Second Sight by Gary Blackwood afterwards.

Okay, I finished Through The Looking Glass It left me slightly underwhelmed, but I am happy that I read it before the Tim Burton version of Alice in Wonderland comes out in the theatres. I am re-reading New Moon right now. Its better this time around but making me want to re-read Eclipse as well. I need to get my copy back from my cousin!

I see that a lot of you have kindles. Do they hurt your eyes? I am undergoing testing for glaucoma because light bothers my eyes. In fact sitting by the computer can give me a major headache at times. Thanks!

Finished Karen Kingsbury's "Redemption" last night and started the second book in the series - "Remember".. I'm hooked on the Baxter family - and so glad there are 12 more books to read about them!! :thumbsup2

Quoting myself here - easier this way.. LOL

Finished "Remember" last night and started "Return".. Should have that done by early tonight and then on to the next book in the Baxter-family series..:thumbsup2

Well, I breezed through the first 3 books of the Sookie series and took a short break to read The 8th Confession by James Patterson which I'm almost done with.
Since I will probably finish that tonight, I'm going to start Up Country by Nelson DeMille. I should be ready to get back into the Sookie books after that. :)

Well, I breezed through the first 3 books of the Sookie series and took a short break to read The 8th Confession by James Patterson which I'm almost done with.
Since I will probably finish that tonight, I'm going to start Up Country by Nelson DeMille. I should be ready to get back into the Sookie books after that. :)

Love the Sook!

Quoting myself here - easier this way.. LOL

Finished "Remember" last night and started "Return".. Should have that done by early tonight and then on to the next book in the Baxter-family series..:thumbsup2

Finished "Return" last night and now I'm halfway through "Rejoice"..

What an amazing series! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Finished "Return" last night and now I'm halfway through "Rejoice"..

What an amazing series! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

C.Ann, I read that series. Beautiful!

Based on this thread, I decided to pick up Geek Love that a couple of you were talking about. I'm in Chapter 10 right now.

What can I say, it's horrifying at times, but yet so fascinating that I can't put it down. It really is like a train wreck. As I'm reading, I actually tell myself, "you shouldn't continue reading..." but yet I do. It's one of those love/hate things...

Have Pillars of Earth by Ken Follet to read next (another title I pulled off this thread).

C.Ann, I read that series. Beautiful!

Did you continue on with the Baxter series? There's 2 more - "First Born" series (5 books) - and then "Sunrise" series (4 books).. I have them sitting here waiting to be read after I finish the "Redemption" series (5 books)..:thumbsup2 I purchased them all used - could never afford to buy that many new! :eek::eek:

All total there are 14 books based on the Baxters and I just love it! It really bums me out when a "good" book ends - KWIM? :goodvibes

Based on this thread, I decided to pick up Geek Love that a couple of you were talking about. I'm in Chapter 10 right now.

What can I say, it's horrifying at times, but yet so fascinating that I can't put it down. It really is like a train wreck. As I'm reading, I actually tell myself, "you shouldn't continue reading..." but yet I do. It's one of those love/hate things...

Have Pillars of Earth by Ken Follet to read next (another title I pulled off this thread).

Geek Love is like a trainwreck. I had to read it for a lit class and remember saying, "Just when you think it couldn't get more disturbing, it does". That being said, I did enjoy it. Did you get to the Bag Man yet? Creepy.
I loved Pillars of the Earth and just read World Without End this summer. They are quite the undertaking but went by fast and kind of take you to another world!

Almost finished with Perfect Poison by Amanda Quick, don't know what I have loaded on the Kindle but I'm sure it'll be good!

Just finished Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah. I loved this book. I've put it on my favorites list.

If you've ever had a forever best friend, remember your teen years with your mom or are the mom of a teen daughter, then this book will really touch you.

I did not want it to end.

Just finished Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah. I loved this book. I've put it on my favorites list.

If you've ever had a forever best friend, remember your teen years with your mom or are the mom of a teen daughter, then this book will really touch you.

I did not want it to end.

I felt the same way. I was reading this book at 2 a.m., just crying my eyes out. This book made me laugh, cry, and reminisce. I didn't want it to end either. I gave a copy to my forever best friend. She loved it too.

Hope in a Jar by Beth Harbison. I just stated but so far its pretty good.

I agree Firefly lane is a wonderful book I didn't want it to end. I bought her new book that I will be reading next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter