What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reading The Serpent's Tale (book 2 of the Mistress in the Art of Death series). I want to read Catching Fire, but am waiting for the paperback to come out. I hate reading hardcovers.

Next up will be Mudbound, I think.

I absolutely want that apple tree! LOL! Have you read Sugar Queen or The Girl Who Chased the Moom? Both good books by the same author. Of Bees and Mist was an Amazon "if you like Sarah Addison Allen, you'll like this" recommendation. It was interesting, but definitely weird.

I have already read The Girl Who Chased the Moon. I never even realized they were written by the same author. Although I get the 2 books confused in my head all the time and found them very similar. Now I know why! I enjoyed both.

I have since read The Gideon Trilogy by Linda Buckley-Archer. The series really developed for me and by the last book I was hooked. I almost quit a few times during the first. I felt like by the 3rd book I was finally getting what the author has been trying to say.

I absolutely loved The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister. Such a nice feel good book that at least for me made me reflect on my own life and future.

Next up was A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff. I was looking for something similar to The School of Essential Ingredients and this was what I came up with. I did really enjoy it.

I needed one more book before Mockingjay so I read Stormy Weather by Paulette Jiles. Stormy Weather well at times I really enjoyed it. At times it just dragged on and on. It took so long for me to get through this Mockingjay was ready and available on my Nook! I refused to start it though it until this was done.

And finally to Mockingjay which I started reading yesterday and finished today. I loved this so much. I did not enjoy the second book as well as the first and I was really hoping this ending would live up to the first. It did for me. I don't want to spoil it for anyone and I really feel the need to re-read all 3 now.

Well what to read now! I am thinking of re-reading The Once and Future King since I have been watching Merlin on tv and it was always one of my favorite books or maybe the Sugar Queen. Any othe suggestions?

I just finished Everyday People by Stuart O'Nan.

Now I'm reading Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah.

Thanks for all of the suggestions on this thread. I'm still trying to find a book to top Mists of Avalon on my favorite list (it's been on top for 35 years).

I am reading The Serpent's Tale (book 2 of the Mistress in the Art of Death series). I want to read Catching Fire, but am waiting for the paperback to come out. I hate reading hardcovers.

Next up will be Mudbound, I think.
I really enjoyed Mudbound!

To whoever recommended "Day of Infamy" a very big thank you!!!

I've never really understood Pearl Harbor, and this book tells the whole "story" from beginning to end. From both sides. I am enjoying it a lot. Well, enjoy is not really the right word. It's a horrific moment in history, but I'm glad to finally be understanding it.

I'll probably finish that book in the next day or so, and then I'll move on to "A Thousand Splendid Suns." Looking forward to that book, as well. I've heard good things about it.

To whoever recommended "Day of Infamy" a very big thank you!!!

I've never really understood Pearl Harbor, and this book tells the whole "story" from beginning to end. From both sides. I am enjoying it a lot. Well, enjoy is not really the right word. It's a horrific moment in history, but I'm glad to finally be understanding it.

I'll probably finish that book in the next day or so, and then I'll move on to "A Thousand Splendid Suns." Looking forward to that book, as well. I've heard good things about it.
A Thousand Splendid Suns is very good. Did you read The Kite Runner, written by the same author?

A Thousand Splendid Suns is very good. Did you read The Kite Runner, written by the same author?

Yes, I did! I was really affected by The Kite Runner. I'm hoping that A Thousand Splendid Suns will do the same thing.

I just finished Everyday People by Stuart O'Nan.

Thanks for all of the suggestions on this thread. I'm still trying to find a book to top Mists of Avalon on my favorite list (it's been on top for 35 years).

same here - Mists is my all time favorite book!:)

Awesome thread! I just finished The Passage and am now reading Redeeming Love. Will be checking this thread out for more suggestions!

I just finished Winter Garden last week!! Great Story!

I'm almost done with Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson. Enjoyed it a lot!

Next Up: The Irresistible Henry House by Lisa Grunwald.

That's a good series to read! Is it hardback?

I've enjoyed the series. Can't wait for the 11th book in September 2011. I think it's just in paperback but not positive about that.

I'm now reading the Blossom Street Series by Debbie Macomber. I'm starting A Good Yarn today.

I've enjoyed the series. Can't wait for the 11th book in September 2011. I think it's just in paperback but not positive about that.

I'm now reading the Blossom Street Series by Debbie Macomber. I'm starting A Good Yarn today.
I've enjoyed reading that series too. In fact, I like it better than the Cedar Cove one.

If you're like me, it takes a lot to give up a book, so it must have been bad!

I got about halfway thought the first book in the series before giving up and I'm usually a science fiction junkie. I figured its just not my cup of tea (and I blame the movie that was on SyFy, I'll just buy the dvd on this one).

Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich.

I finished Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts this afternoon. Can't wait for the last book to come out in November!

Mockingjay was just amazing! I loved the ending, though I wouldn't have guessed what it would be with so many twists and turns in the story.

Now I'm reading Gone With The Wind. This is one that I've always wanted to tackle and I guess this is the time for it to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter