What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reading ... Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann. Interesting book of short stories that are tied together around the day a man tightrope walked between the Twin Towers. It is an interesting read especially since yesterday was 911.

I couldn't decide, so I went back to "The Collected Stories of Noel Coward." I also read "The Foundling and Other Tales of Prydain" by Lloyd Alexander.

Mary•Poppins;38195139 said:
I am reading ... Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann. Interesting book of short stories that are tied together around the day a man tightrope walked between the Twin Towers. It is an interesting read especially since yesterday was 911.

I just put this on my TBR List! Let us know what you think of it!

In prep of trip, 2 WDW guides &Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon

Which guides? I LOVE Diana Gabaldon's books! I HATE that they take so long to write, but accept it because all the research she does makes the books so enjoyable. You're going to love "An Echo in the Bone"!

I'm reading Cheap Cabernet: A Friendship by Cathie Beck. It's a memoir about Cathie and her friend Denise who had MS. I wasn't so sure I wanted to read it as the first 30 pages didn't do much for me but I'm now 100 pages in and am enjoying it.

Currently reading "A Storm of Swords" by George R.R. Martin. Just recently finished "A Clash of Kings" from the same series. Can I just say, I love this man's prose?

Also recently finished "Tongues of Serpents" by Naomi Novik and the entire Scott Pilgrim saga.

This is what I am currently reading, can't wait for the HBO show on this series of books!!

I started, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Future, by Michael J. Fox. It's interesting. Not a very long book at all. I should be through with it in a day or so, depending on how much time I have to read.

Since my last post, I've read Taken by Chris Jordan. I'm currently reading Tempting Fate by Carla Neggers.

Well, I have been struggling through Carla Neggers' Tempting Fate and after 79 pages have decided to put it down. It will go into my "ready for the used book store" pile. I've read some other books by her and found them to be good reads. I don't know what's wrong with this one. Something about the way it's written doesn't connect with me.

So, next on my "to read" stack is Sense of Evil by Kay Hooper. I hope that it's a lot better!

I just finished The Nobodies Album by Carolyn Parkhurst (she also wrote The Dogs of Babel). I thought this one was pretty good. Not too heavy, decent story line, stories within a story.

I have three books that I put on hold at the library that I picked up today:

Room by Emma Donoghue
The Widower's Tale by Julia Glass
I'd Know You Anywhere by Laura Lippman

Long waits for these. I don't know how I'm going to read them all by October 9th.:eek:

I'm now reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and am enjoying learning about Sweden's social policies. Next up is probably the "Imagineer's Field Guide to Epcot."

I am reading "The Lucky One" By Nicholas Sparks. I have had it on my bookshelf forever and finally decided it was time to read it. I usually read them when they come out and can not remember why I did not read this one. Oh well it is really good so far.

I'm currently reading My Name is Mary Sutter by Robin Oliveira.

Next up: Let The Great World Spin by Colum McCann

I have three books that I put on hold at the library that I picked up today:

Room by Emma Donoghue
The Widower's Tale by Julia Glass
I'd Know You Anywhere by Laura Lippman

Long waits for these. I don't know how I'm going to read them all by October 9th.:eek:

I just finished Room - I read it in one sitting and could not put it down.

I have the other two in my To Be Read collection on my Kindle. They both look great!

I just finished Room - I read it in one sitting and could not put it down.

That's good to hear. I have a very short time to read my three books so they need to be page turners. I started the Laura Lippman one last night and, so far, so good.

I just finished Without a Word: how a boy's unspoken love changed the world (I hope I have the end of that title correct) by Jill Kelly, wife of Buffalo Bills quarterback Jim Kelly. It was a very powerful, moving book about her son Hunter who died at the age of 8 of Krabbe disease. They live in my town and I have heard her speak at my church, before Hunter passed away. I was profoundly affected by this book. She was unbelievably candid and painfully honest about what a priviledge it was to care for a disabled child, and how it nearly tore her marriage apart. Jill Kelly's faith is amazing, amazing!! Really a life-changing book.

Thanks to my Aunt who loves him as much as I do, she gave me an early Christmas present this morning and I am now currently reading "Safe Haven" by Nicholas Sparks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter