The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP)

Hi, just popping in briefly before heading out to Caili's skating show.

Ann, that's too scary about your Mom! At least she was not seriously injured.

Here are photos from last night's dinner. I made grilled chicken, mac and cheese (no velveeta this time :laughing:) and this really good asparagus from this month's food and wine. You marinate it in mustard, mayonaisse, lemon juice and zest, garlic, and black pepper and then grill it. Yum!

3516450446_d8586b99f8.jpg

No dinner for us today as we will be at the rink, so I made us egg sandwiches this morning for breakfast. That was about 7 hours ago and I am still stuffed. Hopefully it will last until we get back from the rink around 10.

3515639629_5df7d2dab6.jpg

Early Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms on the thread!

Lauren ~ :hug: I'm sorry about your mom. Hope she's doing better soon.

Glad to hear your littlest guy is doing so well. :thumbsup2

I'm glad you liked the steak rub. DH once told me it was better than Longhorn Steakhouse's Praire Dust. I guess that'a compliment. ;)

Have you ever had Chicken Lazone? I found the recipe on RecipeZaar. We love it. http://www.recipezaar.com/Chicken-Lazone-65768

We enjoyed Sandy's rub on the steaks as well, even without the nutmeg. Can't wait to try it with it!
Glad you liked it too.

Nancy ~ Sorry your nephew is acting that way. Maybe he needs a kick in the butt to remind him that his family wants to be a part of his life.

Ann ~ I'm so sorry about your mom. I hope she's feeling better soon.

Happy Mother's Day to all of my friends here on the WFD! Your friendship has made such a difference in my life and I appreciate all of you more than words can ever express. Cyber friends? you say. Not for me, you all are the ladies I turn to when I want to laugh or cry, when I need to whine or when I want to crow and you are always there to celebrate or to cry with me.

So tomorrow when I go to Mass and we celebrate Mother's Day I will be sure to remember all of you and your Mothers who brought you into my life.
Aww, that's so sweet. I hope you all have a Happy Mother's Day too. :hug::flower3:

Ellen check out the first page of the thread, I posted all of our dates there. I leave on the 21st to head to US/IOA.

Ok, I dont drink wine and my food knowledge goes from smooth to crunchy peanut butter but I have been told Im quite good company...room for a wee one at a lunch date ??

Hey Guys!

Sorry I didn't check back yesterday...I had a busy day then had a call from my sister Patty that my Mom called my Aunt at 11pm the night before looking for my Dad (has been dead 4 years), looking for her car (has not driven in about 3) and waiting for me to come home (I have been out of the house for about 14 years). Needless, to say, my Mom has gone to live with my sister. We will eventually sell the house. :sad1: Mom does not remember any of it but put up a fight to leave so please pray she settles in OK.

Thomas did great at the dr. He is 24 1/4 inches and 14.4 lbs...height is 90th percentile and weight is 75.

Im sure your mum will settle fine..:hug:

Wee T is not so wee !! :laughing:

My nephew married on of those women, you know the kind, there is only one family....hers. There was a big party in New York for the baby's birthday but nothing even spoken about here. So Gail and I took turns asking her on FB when the party is and what should we bring. My poor brother and sis IL are so hurt, Sue had to tell all of us that there would be cake "if anyone wanted to drop by". How would we even know to stop by if we were not invited :confused3 I am really disappointed with my nephew, he was never raised with only one side of the family...everyone was always included and we all used to get together, this is not right.

Now what is really agravating is that Sarah is jealous of Amy, kind of like the Brady Bunch "Marsh Marsha Marsha" whine, but Amy is so receptive of everyone, has always had an open home adn would never leave anyone one out. How could you not gravitate to her. Sarah never has anyone to her home, they seldom go to family events (not even my Mom's 85th birthday brunch) and pretty much ignore us.

So we are all going to "stop by" today except Buddy, who cannot be trusted not to scowl and make a snide remark to Brian about family. He still refers to Sarah as "Manhatten" and not in a good way.

Why are people like that ?
It just nice to be nice.
And I'd be back home with buddy....say it like I see it me !!

Yesterday started out well, I went shopping with my DM. After shopping we went back to my parents to relax before dinner. My DM sprayed some ant spray in the front hall on the tile floor, after seeing DS slip on it she decided to go out there herself....needless to say DM slipped and fell very hard on the tile floor.

Ann

Glad yer mum didnt hurt herself to bad.Very lucky lady.

Jeff is taking my computer and moving things over to another before this one blows up so I want to stop in quick!

Happy Mother's Day to all of my friends here on the WFD! Your friendship has made such a difference in my life and I appreciate all of you more than words can ever express. Cyber friends? you say. Not for me, you all are the ladies I turn to when I want to laugh or cry, when I need to whine or when I want to crow and you are always there to celebrate or to cry with me.

So tomorrow when I go to Mass and we celebrate Mother's Day I will be sure to remember all of you and your Mothers who brought you into my life.

mothers_day_butterflies.gif

That made me smile a big cheesy smile...its not mothers day here but I like it just the same !! :thumbsup2

Kathy - thinking of you.:hug:

Well the footie was a bust today,we lost to our big rivals and they are now 2 points in front...not a happy bunny !! :mad:

Its been a rubbish day weather wise too and its forecast the same tomorrow.

We are going to go to the cinema to see Coraline.

Has any one seen it ?

It looks a wee bit scrary, and I dont do scary.....:scared1:

I wannae see Hannah Montana but the boy's not so keen.:laughing:

Have a good night lassies x

Ok, I dont drink wine and my food knowledge goes from smooth to crunchy peanut butter but I have been told Im quite good company...room for a wee one at a lunch date ??

Are you serious, you're going to be there then? I'd love to add you to our WFD list of folks going......:cool1::woohoo::yay:

Just checking in from Boston. We walked a large portion of the Freedom Trail today and I'm tired!

I was unable to read back, so I don't know what's going on. I do want to offer a :hug: for anyone who needs one, and also to say Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!

Ann- I hope your mom's feeling better soon. When I was little one of my jobs was to clean the oak stairs, with pledge. It wasn't until the dog got old and kept falling that my mom realized it wasn't the best idea.
:lmao: I think my DM realized after the fact what she did was not the best idea either!
Ann~ how's your Mom feeling?

Ann, that's too scary about your Mom! At least she was not seriously injured.

Ann ~ I'm so sorry about your mom. I hope she's feeling better soon.

Glad yer mum didnt hurt herself to bad.Very lucky lady.

Thank you all for well wishes for my DM. It was very scary, God knows my emotions are running high right now and I cry at the drop of the hat. I think she is tired of me checking on her to see how she is feeling...but she keeps saying okay, so that is good. DH & I had a bit of comic relief today over the whole story...it was kinda like a Three Stooges act! (if you can picture prego me, Dad having aches of his own, and my DM...what a group! and DS asking if Grammy got an ouchie!
)

Thanks for making my cry...like Kat, happy tears! Have I mentioned I cry at the drop of a hat lately!:rotfl:

Happy Mother's Day :flower3: to all of you wonderful ladies as well.

WFD- Mushroom Swiss Burgers and Onion Rings.

Tomorrow we were invited to my DB house for dinner with my parents. Not sure of the menu. I am bringing a cheese plate.

Yesterday started out well, I went shopping with my DM. After shopping we went back to my parents to relax before dinner. My DM sprayed some ant spray in the front hall on the tile floor, after seeing DS slip on it she decided to go out there herself....needless to say DM slipped and fell very hard on the tile floor. She thinks she just wrenched her back :scared1:! Hoping that is all and she feels better today. She was lucky that she did not break anything or injure one of her two replaced hips. Dad and I were a nervous wreck...my parents are both so darn stubborn I could scream (well I kinda did yesterday!)

:eek:

Here are photos from last night's dinner. I made grilled chicken, mac and cheese (no velveeta this time :laughing:) and this really good asparagus from this month's food and wine. You marinate it in mustard, mayonaisse, lemon juice and zest, garlic, and black pepper and then grill it. Yum!

Do you have the specifics for the marinade? Sounds delish!

Just checking in from Boston. We walked a large portion of the Freedom Trail today and I'm tired!

Hope you're having a great time! :yay:

Today was practically a waste for us... DH chaperoned an all night party and I had to pick him up at 7am, but since I had a meeting at 8am I got up at 6am (on a Saturday! :eek:) to get ready. We traded keys and he headed home to sleep while I went to a meeting.

When I finished at 130, he had gotten about an hour of shut eye thanks to the neurotic dogs and I had about 4 hours so we were quite a pair!

We both crashed on the couches, thankfully so did the dogs, and slept most of the afternoon. Though I love my naps, I am rarely functional afterwards. :confused3 The meeting was a very important one that went wel though.

Happy Mother's Day!​

Wishing all of the Mom's a very happy day! I also would like to extend this to all of the wonderful Mom's that have raised all of you to be the wonderful women you are today!

Good Morning!

Ann, I am sorry to hear your Mom had such a terrible fall! I am glad though, that nothing is broken and hope today finds her feeling OK. :hug:

Sandy, that chicken dish looks so yummy!

We are going to my sister's for brunch. I am bringing a ham and corn casserole. She has alot of food planned...egg casseroles, bacon, sausage, lox and bagels, steak, asparagus (I sent her Kat's recipe for the bundles...not sure if that is how she will make them), omlettes...mimosas, bellinis...lots of desserts.

Have a great day all!

Hey....HAPPY MOTHERS DAY !!

to all my WFD friends..xxx:love:

Are you serious, you're going to be there then? I'd love to add you to our WFD list of folks going......:cool1::woohoo::yay:

We are at POP from the 9th till the 23rd.

I know youse guys have yer plans and i dont want to come steaming in but even a coffee and a bagel would so cool.

OK, so are you guys gonna force my hand on the October trip??? ;)

YES, YES and eh YES !!

(Hope you don't mind Nan I borrowed this!)

Happy Mother's Day to all my dear friends...keep in mind I don't feel like today is just about those of us with children. Happy Mother's day to anyone who is also a :love1: Godmother/ Aunt and nurtures those children with so much love. Happy Mother's Day to those of you with special :dogdance: Furbabies :cat:that you love and take care of daily. Acts like these require such nurturing and love. A special Mother's Day wish to all your wonderful Moms, who raised such warm caring woman and taught you the meaning of friendship. To my very special friends who are missing your DMs today :grouphug: extra hugs and love coming your way...someone is heaven is watching and smiling down on you today.

:grouphug:Ann

Ann I hope your mom is less sore today.:hug:

Last night I did get to grill steaks we used Sandy's steak rub a big thumbs up :thumbsup2

Not sure what is on for today. I have to get to the pet store and get Minnie some chews for her arthritis. Poor old girl, she is looking pityful today and Hershey is being extra bouncy.

A big Happy Mother's Day to all my WFD peeps! And hugs to those missing mom today. I hope all your families spoil you rotten today. And with this group, I suppose that would mean lots of yummy food and some Rosa! ;)

Last night I made fetuccine with a parsley pesto. Was very fresh and yummy. Tonight will be spiced chicken morrocan stew with couscous. It's already in the crockpot. I would take the day off from cooking duties, but since we are heading to Philly this week, I need to use up my food before it goes bad.

Let me say, I am super jealous of the WFD October meet. So wish I could be there.

OK, so are you guys gonna force my hand on the October trip??? ;)

::yes::

We are at POP from the 9th till the 23rd.
I know youse guys have yer plans and i dont want to come steaming in but even a coffee and a bagel would so cool.

We haven't made any plans yet, but when we do, you will most certainly be included!:yay:

WFD - We're going to a champagne brunch this afternoon where I plan to camp out by the seafood bar and make a total pig of myself on crab, shrimp & oysters with champagne of course.;)

MOMDAY.gif

Add me to the list of those :sad1: jealous about October F&W meet!!!!!!! You all are going to have a blast.

I just read on another thread that Rosa is being discontinued.....:sad1:

Please disregard this post, the store was discontinuing selling Rosa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter