The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP)

Lindsay- Glad to see you back! I too, struggle to look outside myself when I am going through difficult times. The irony in that is that looking beyond myself is often the very thing that helps the most in feeling better. I'm glad you are giving yourself and the thread another chance.

Kat- I popped in here to make sure all was well with the world today. I'm glad to see it is!

Vickie- You are gonna end up getting me in the kitchen soon! I'm impressed! My mom told me I'm in charge of Thanksgiving this year. I have 6 months to figure out how to cook lol!

Boston was nice. It was so clean I felt like I was in Disney. Lol. I am planning to spend about an hour or so tonight on catching up with this thread and also uploading pictures. I can put a mini trip report. Oh and those people in Boston like to drink! Omg!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! From what I read you all had a great day. Remember wonderful mother's make wonderful children so every act of kindness & love your children show is a reflection of you.

My Mom really enjoyed her day so I was thrilled!

Vickie I'm so excited that you will be at F&W!!!!!!:cool1:
Kat, we do have Nuvo & PIMS cookies planned;)

Bethany, can't wait to see your photos from Boston.

Lauren, I hear the F&W calling your name.

BBL

Hey Y'all,

Thanks for all the well wishes for Debi & Alexis.

Alexis was so sick that Chris asked that I keep her today. I'm glad to be able to take care of her. I'll be taking her to the dr this afternoon, she ran 103 fever yesterday. But after the medicine this morning the fever is down & the coughing has eased. Chris insisted on the dr that she had last time that she liked ( had to pull use her hospital employee status & fuss to get her).

Lindsay, Glad you're back!:goodvibes

We all (adults) clinked glasses and then Caili said: Happy Mothers Day to the best MomMom ever (my Mom), the best fairy godmother ever (me), and the best Mom ever in the whole wide world! (Laura). It was SO cute. Liam also distributed hugs, at his own pace. ;)

That is just too sweet! :lovestruc

Good Morning! Quick fly by...

Thank you all for the good thoughts and prayers for Mom. She is doing OK...my sister has her hands full. My Mom always was and still is somewhat belligerent.
Just know that you have us for support & a shoulder

Fly by here too! Not sure WFD tonight. We're heading out of town on Thursday, so dinners this week will be easy and something w/o a lot of leftovers. We'll see what I find at the grocery store this afternoon.

Whare are y'all going?

HI Everyone! I hope everyone had a great mothers day! I sure did! Kady was so sweet. She said that Mothers Day is for all girls. Just not the little ones like her. So even Erica was pampered. She was giving us back massages, gifts and even made us coffee :lovestruc. She knows how to make us happy, COFFEE!

That is so nice! What good sweet girls we have here! :lovestruc

Tonight I am making salmon with a braised lettuce, pea, and scallions dish, as well as some orzo with zucchini, red pepper, and carrot.

You are probably going to notice a lot more healthy food coming out of my kitchen in the coming weeks. I really wanted to lose 10 lbs before our next trip to the Caribbean, and it's not going to happen. I've now revised my goal to 5 pounds, but I am going to have to change the amount of butter I eat to make it happen!Also, I put some pictures of Caili at her skating show up on my facebook page--they are in the "Caili" photo album.

Good maybe you're good eating will help me to do better! I've got to drop some weight before surgery not to mention my niece's wedding. :scared1:

I'll have to go check out the Caili pics. :cutie:

Glad to see you back Lindsey. WFD Beef roast poatoes cut up to bite size drizzled with olive oil and Mrs. Dash and broccoli. Can't wait Wednesday our local farmers market starts since I can't grow my own due to all the recent back and hip surgery. Hope everyone had a GREAT Mothers Day. It sure is hard to keep up with all the chatting going on here. Hope I haven't affended anyone by lurking and just popping in once and a while.
Sheryl how are you feeling? I think of you often. Hope Alexis feels better. Lauri

Hi glad to see you here too! :goodvibes How are you recovering? I'm hanging in, the numbness & pain has been getting worse. I'm going to have another epidural injection on Wed, so hopefully it will help me hang on until surgery in July.

Boston was nice. It was so clean I felt like I was in Disney. Lol. I am planning to spend about an hour or so tonight on catching up with this thread and also uploading pictures. I can put a mini trip report. Oh and those people in Boston like to drink! Omg!

Great, glad you had fun!

I wish I had thought to take Alexis shopping for Chris.:sad1: They made a little card & gift at school, but apparently she didn't think that was good enough for her Mom. She sneaked into Chris' jewelry box & took some necklaces and wrapped them up & presented them to Chris! It made me cry to hear that.

Don't know what's for dinner, probably salad, and maybe tuna.

I just read on another thread that Rosa is being discontinued.....:sad1:

Please disregard this post, the store was discontinuing selling Rosa.

Geez Kat - give me a heart attack, will ya? BTW weren't you and Sheryl looking for something called Sauterne? I saw some at Rouse's this weekend and couldn't remember if that was what you were looking for and which board it was posted on.

Lauri

Well I read everything but Holy Moly! I know I cannot have my computer gone again!

I'm glad that everyone had a good weekend and that Mother's Day was nice.

Sheryl- Poor Alexis :sad1: We did not take Kady shopping either, she made things in school and grew her a plant. You take it easy and don't let that pain get worse

Dinner is going to be some kind of chicken. Nothing too elaborate, I am in a cleaning mood

I wanted to share....IM COOKING AGAIN !!

Thats twice in one week...:eek:

You go girl!:cool1:

We had a busy, but fun, weekend. Liam had a good game Saturday. He had a nice hit, made a couple good defensive plays...the team lost badly, but that was okay. Caili's skating show was great. She was so excited to have everyone there, and she just did not want to leave the ice. Her team skated the best they have all year, so that was good to see too. Yesterday, we got to relax a bit at my mom's, so I'm not feeling as wiped out as I expected.

I get tired just reading about your schedule. So glad Liam and Caili both had great weekends!:yay:

Kat, we do have Nuvo & PIMS cookies planned;)

We sure do!;)

Geez Kat - give me a heart attack, will ya? BTW weren't you and Sheryl looking for something called Sauterne? I saw some at Rouse's this weekend and couldn't remember if that was what you were looking for and which board it was posted on.

Lauri

:lmao:I was the same way, when I read it on Brenda's thread I went straight to the Rosa site and was getting ready to order a case when something told me to go back and question what was going on. That's when she said the store was discontinuing it.

I'm not sure if that's the one we were talking about or not, I'm terrible at remembering names of wines.:confused:

Hello all, I hope everyone enjoyed their mother's day. We didn't really do anything special, just were lazy. I did make nutella ice cream for a treat, and it was pretty tasty.

Becky- I had to cut back on butter too, I used to make eggs benedict every sunday, but that had to go. Cheese is my weakness, and bacon, and pasta, and ice cream, and chicken skin, and...

Sheryl- I'm sorry Alexis isn't feeling well, allergy season kicked in yesterday for my husband and daughter. There eyes are pretty puffy. I hope Alexis is on the mend soon.

Vickie- I wouldn't worry about your dinners, I start work on Sunday and our meals will probably be eggs and toast pretty often.

Some kind of chicken for dinner at our house too, but unlike Nancy I'm not in the cleaning mood.

Merle, Forget the pedis & petits, I want to come play drunko!

Merle- i want to come to your parties!

You should! It was lots of fun. I was sure I was going to have a hangover, we had some drink that was made with Vodka and Watermelon Pucker:scared:, but it was all good! ;)

Speaking of hot dogs... Did you all see this thread? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2171185

I have to try it!

That is too funny, I will have to do that for my neices.

Hi, everyone.

Welcome back.

Nothing earth shattering just Spag Bols, but hey, its involves herby things,sharp knives and doesnt go * ping * when its ready so its progress !!
:rotfl:

Dinner tonight will be grilled chicken, I hope, as long as it's not raining. I'll also grill some asparagus and have another veggie with it.

Forgot to take pics of my platter from Friday, it turned out so well.

Kathy--we are headed to just outside Philadelphia for a wedding. DH's younger bro is getting married at an Inn in the Brandywine region. It's a small casual affair with family and close friends. It should be a great time b/c the whole inn has been rented out for family and all the festivities. We'll be there from Thurs. til Monday.

Lindsay--glad to "see" you back again

Laura--the homecoming was awesome. I have pics uploaded on facebook. They estimated 15,000 at the first concert and over 18,000 at the other. Just think of me when you watch the show; knowing that I was there

Kathy--we are headed to just outside Philadelphia for a wedding. DH's younger bro is getting married at an Inn in the Brandywine region. It's a small casual affair with family and close friends. It should be a great time b/c the whole inn has been rented out for family and all the festivities. We'll be there from Thurs. til Monday.

Laura--the homecoming was awesome. I have pics uploaded on facebook. They estimated 15,000 at the first concert and over 18,000 at the other. Just think of me when you watch the show; knowing that I was there

Steph - that sounds like an awesome time!:goodvibes

I can't wait to see the homecoming tomorrow night!:woohoo:

Good afternoon everyone,

I have read back but can't remember a thing. I am barely holding it together today.

I really missed my Mom yesterday. Mother's Day is really hard. My thoughts were with you all.

Jay leaves tomorrow. I "HATE" goodbyes and this one will be wicked hard. I know there isn't anything I can do to change it, but my heart just breaks for my DD Elizabeth and GB Ethan. I just hate to see them hurt and my own heart is breaking also. So I really need to get it together before tomorrow. I guess I am just having a bit of a pity party. Sorry :sad1:

Welcome back Lindsay :hug: We have all been where you are. It takes a lot to say we are guilty.

Many prayers with all of the Moms that need our extra thoughts.

Good thought to the rest of you. I promise I will get better - today is just not the day.

:grouphug: to you all!!

Good afternoon everyone,

I have read back but can't remember a thing. I am barely holding it together today.

I really missed my Mom yesterday. Mother's Day is really hard. My thoughts were with you all.

Jay leaves tomorrow. I "HATE" goodbyes and this one will be wicked hard. I know there isn't anything I can do to change it, but my heart just breaks for my DD Elizabeth and GB Ethan. I just hate to see them hurt and my own heart is breaking also. So I really need to get it together before tomorrow. I guess I am just having a bit of a pity party. Sorry :sad1:

:sad1: What a tough couple of days for you and yours :hug:

Tonight I have to work, we are having a women's fellowship, but I'm planning to have dinner with some friends at Genghis Grill prior.

I've decided to start Weight Watchers - I found a group that meets on Tues and Thurs near my work on the lunchhour. I am going tomorrow for my initial meeting. So, in honor of my potential weight loss journey, I gorged at a chinese buffet for lunch and will have mongolian BBQ for dinner :laughing:

I have to share with you what Caili said today. We had a champagne toast for Mothers Day. We all (adults) clinked glasses and then Caili said: Happy Mothers Day to the best MomMom ever (my Mom), the best fairy godmother ever (me), and the best Mom ever in the whole wide world! (Laura). It was SO cute. Liam also distributed hugs, at his own pace. ;)

What a wee cutie !!

Vickie- You are gonna end up getting me in the kitchen soon! I'm impressed! My mom told me I'm in charge of Thanksgiving this year. I have 6 months to figure out how to cook lol!

DONT DO IT !!!

We did christmas two years ago ( well when I say we I mean Colin cooked and i ran around like a headless chicken ) and it was the most stressful afternoon of my life.

Never been so close to a nervous breakdown .....

Vickie I'm so excited that you will be at F&W!!!!!!:cool1:

You're kidding! I can't believe we could meet up with "OUR SCOTLASS" that would be awesome! We really haven't made any definite plans for our WFD meet yet. We were just waitng til it was closer, after we book our ADR's & the F&W events come out. We will have to plan something so we can meet you! :yay:

:

I cant believe my dates match youse guys......Im beside myself, Im so excited !!

Alexis was so sick that Chris asked that I keep her today. I'm glad to be able to take care of her. I'll be taking her to the dr this afternoon, she ran 103 fever yesterday. But after the medicine this morning the fever is down & the coughing has eased. Chris insisted on the dr that she had last time that she liked ( had to pull use her hospital employee status & fuss to get her).

Hi glad to see you here too! :goodvibes How are you recovering? I'm hanging in, the numbness & pain has been getting worse. I'm going to have another epidural injection on Wed, so hopefully it will help me hang on until surgery in July.

Hows the wee one ?

You look after your self lassie...take it easy.

Wannae be Face book buddies ?

Good afternoon everyone,

Welcome back Lindsay :hug: We have all been where you are. It takes a lot to say we are guilty.

Many prayers with all of the Moms that need our extra thoughts.

Good thought to the rest of you. I promise I will get better - today is just not the day.

:grouphug: to you all!!

Sendin love ower the water....:hug::hug:

Well my Spag Bols was a great hit.

I'll post the recipe if its any ones cup of tea.

BBL...

Ellen, don't worry about us. Hugs to your family. We are here for you good orI us Jay safe travels. Strength to all of you tomorrow.

Sheryl, sorry Alexis is under the weather. Sweet story about wrapping the jewelry. I hope your EPI hold you over. You are one strong woman.

Nan & Marisa, what a cutie Kady is. Coffee would be the way to my heart right now too.

Kat & Maria, know more details about Pims and F&W over you are going to have to bring a bigger suitcase and stow me away in it.

Lauren, thinking of your DM. Hope things have settled a bit.

Stephanie, enjoy the wedding. It sounds wonderful. I have my fingers crossed for Kris.

Aimee, do you where sneakers all the time? Wow, you are always on the go, you amaze me!

Robin, nutella ice cream...now that sounds sinful!! Lazy days are sometimes the best.

Vickie, we are rubbing off on you. You have a gourmet cook escaping from deep within you. :rotfl:

LBKB, glad to see you. Like Sheryl said, hope your recovery is going well and you are feeling better after surgery.

BigMerle, grilled chicken here tonight too. Well that it what I made DH to take to work.

Becky, those cornish hens looked good...you are going to movitate me to try to cook them some day.

Laura, hope Liam enjoys his dinner out. Glad Caili made out well skating with all her fans there to support her. How is Greg?
---
Decided to stay in today and not go to my parents. DS & I took a much needed two hour nap.

Kat & Maria, know more details about Pims and F&W over you are going to have to bring a bigger suitcase and stow me away in it.

Not to worry, I'm the only one in my room so come on down, your more than welcome.

Ellen, praying for you & your family...so sorry your having a rought time:hug:

Yesterday we all went back to my cousins house after brunch, in the afternoon we went to this little ice cream place by her. They had 20 flavors of soft serve ice cream!!!!!
I had black rasberry with chocolate sprinkles, one of the kids had apricot, another mocha......they had home made ice cream to die for....banana fosters ice cream! Banana ice cream with cinnamon & graham crackers & birthday cake ice cream, vanilla ice cream with pound cake, caramel & chocolate chunk! It was ice cream heaven:cloud9:

Not to worry, I'm the only one in my room so come on down, your more than welcome.

Ellen, praying for you & your family...so sorry your having a rought time:hug:

Yesterday we all went back to my cousins house after brunch, in the afternoon we went to this little ice cream place by her. They had 20 flavors of soft serve ice cream!!!!!
I had black rasberry with chocolate sprinkles, one of the kids had apricot, another mocha......they had home made ice cream to die for....banana fosters ice cream! Banana ice cream with cinnamon & graham crackers & birthday cake ice cream, vanilla ice cream with pound cake, caramel & chocolate chunk! It was ice cream heaven:cloud9:

Sounds like ice cream heaven...soft serve is my favorite!!!
I have had to have ice cream in the house at all times lately ;) And I cant even use the excuse it is for DS. He doesnt eat it.

Maria- You just reminded me of an ice cream cone I had last summer. I love soft serve and the place we stopped at had black raspberry coffee swirl. It was so good, that's about as daring as I get! I'm hoping my daughter will figure out the whole bike riding thing this summer because we are only a short bike ride away from a place that has tons of soft serve flavors. I can't believe I'm going to say it, but I'm ready for summer.

Ann- The only thing keeping me from finishing the ice cream is the fact that I made it and I know how much heavy cream and egg yolks are in it.

Vickie- I'd love the recipe, I'm on the search for the perfect meat sauce.

Good afternoon everyone,

Ellen, please don't apologize. You are in my thoughts and prayers, only wish I could do more.:hug:

I've decided to start Weight Watchers - I found a group that meets on Tues and Thurs near my work on the lunchhour. I am going tomorrow for my initial meeting. So, in honor of my potential weight loss journey, I gorged at a chinese buffet for lunch and will have mongolian BBQ for dinner :laughing:

Good luck Aimee!:thumbsup2

BBL...

Please!!!!

Lauri

How are you doing Laurie?

You are going to have so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a little sorry that I did not watch idol this year. Buddy got too opinionated and so I decided for all of our sanity I would not watch,. He won't watch alone so we both are sulking :guilty:

Good afternoon everyone,

Of course you missed your Mom, if she was like mine you would have been able to share all of your worries over Jay's leaving with her, double whammy this year :hug::hug:

Don't worry about talking to us, we all lean on one another and somehow it is a little easier.

:rotfl2:Aimee- before I started I ate everything I was not going to be able to eat...you know...so I did not have to throw it away ;)

I am on maintenance and it is going okay, if you have any questions let me know. There is also a great WW support thread on teh WISH board that I subscribe to, check it out!

BBL...

Recipes are always wanted here!

YUMMMMMMMMMMM!

Glad to see you back Lindsey. WFD Beef roast poatoes cut up to bite size drizzled with olive oil and Mrs. Dash and broccoli. Can't wait Wednesday our local farmers market starts since I can't grow my own due to all the recent back and hip surgery. Hope everyone had a GREAT Mothers Day. It sure is hard to keep up with all the chatting going on here. Hope I haven't affended anyone by lurking and just popping in once and a while.
Sheryl how are you feeling? I think of you often. Hope Alexis feels better. Lauri

Somehow I missed that you were having surgery, I am so sorry. How are you doing now? Now no more about offending anyone! You just stop by whenever you have time and say Hi!

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for the last few days. Alan finally was able to get my computer looked at, and the upshot isn't good. This place couldn't figure out the problem, and told him it would take 400 dollars to send it away to diagnose the problem, then more to fix it. So, we decided to stick with this computer for the time being, as frustrating as it is, until we've saved up enough money to buy a new laptop for me. I'm hoping it will be my Christmas present.

Anyway, I did read back. Here's my attempt to catch up:

Kathy - I'm so sorry that Kyle had such a lousy coach! I think he's made a wise decision as to his education. I'm so glad that he's found a place you like, with roommates he likes. I can't wait to hear all about how he likes his new university!

Lauren - Tee Tom is not so tiny! How does that happen!!! I look at Timothy and wonder where the time went. It's kind of sad that they get so big, so fast! I'm so sorry about your mom. I hope that things work out with your sister taking care of her!

Ann - I'm sorry about your Mom's fall! I worried about that with my mom in the last little bit of her life. She had no balance, and her falling really worried me!

Ellen - I'm glad you're having fun with Matthew. It's a good thing you put your foot down with regard to household cleanliness!

Lindsay - It's good to see you around here. Those brownies sound heavenly!

Stephanie - Way to go for Kris!!! I bet your hometown is going crazy! I remember how it was last year when David Archuleta came home! A lot of fun, though!

Aimee - I'm sorry that your iron infusion didn't work out. I hope that you can hold out with all you do until July!

Nancy - Thanks for the beautiful Mother's Day sentiments. Right back at you! I thank the Lord every day for this wonderful group of women! I don't know what I'd do without you all.

Sheryl - How's Alexis feeling? We've had nasty allergies around here, lately, and they are making my kids all sniffly, and nasty sounding!

Bethany - How are the moving plans going?

Vickie - I'm so jealous that you get to meet the ladies in October! I, too, would love the recipe for your sauce!

Becky - Good luck on the weight loss before your trip! I need to lose quite a bit, but I'm going slowly since I'm still nursing. I bet cutting out butter would do me quite a bit of good!

Maria - I think you and Greg made the right decision, tough as it was! You are in my prayers as you go through the adoption circuit!

I know that I missed a whole bunch of you! Just know that you all are in my prayers every day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter