The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP)

If you want to try zucchini chocolate chip cookies I can find my recipe. They are a moist cookie not crisp. They are really good.

BLECCCHHH!!! :crazy: 'zucchini' and 'chocolate chip' should NOT be in the same sentence! [...let alone that same cookie...!]

:rotfl2:They don't taste a bit like zucchini just a moist chocolate chip cookie. No one would ever guess what is in there. No problem I understand.;)

:rotfl2:They don't taste a bit like zucchini just a moist chocolate chip cookie. No one would ever guess what is in there. No problem I understand.;)

...sooo, I'm guessing that the zucchini gets shredded????

I didn't get to make the shrimp as a wicked storm came in and I wasn't grilling in the rain :laughing: But I'm sorta glad, now I can hear how the recipe went/tasted before I try it!

We had Wendys... not my favorite but I ate the whole cup of chili without pain! So perhaps it's best I didn't make a big meal.

It was a good company picnic today, they had the best mac and cheese. :cloud9: Played half a game of putt putt golf, it was too hot out on the course, it did cool down a lot later on though. Played Bingo too and won three times, a medium sized t-shirt, a used CD :sad2: by someone I have never heard of before and a $25 gift card. I gave my godson the t-shirt and I will probably give the CD to Goodwill.

Hi Everyone!!!

Just wanted to say goodbye & please all have a good week! You'll all be in my thoughts & prayers...

I'm actually leaving the laptop at home (I know I can check my email onboard ;)). I set up my phone so I will be able to get a signal in Bermuda & check the Dis.....please someone call or text if anything major happens.

Tonight I made mahi mahi......I marinated it in some lemon zest, olive oil & o.j., fresh herbs, s&p. Had asparagus grilled with some butter lemon.
Thought I should make Greg a homemade meal before I leave.

I bought a family size package of pork chops, told him I would leave 2 out & freeze the rest he said no...I'll eat them!!!!! I have a feeling there is going to be porkapalooza while I'm gone:lmao:

:grouphug:to all.....

Dinner is the tenderloin I didn't do yesterday. Today look like it will be much better weatherwise.

Aimee I hope your throat is feeling better.

Kathy How's your SIL doing?

Merle Those prizes always amazes me. I usually seems like someone cleaned out their closet.

I have a lot to do today since I felt so lazy yesterday that I gave it and only did the laundry and vaccuming.

BLECCCHHH!!! :crazy: 'zucchini' and 'chocolate chip' should NOT be in the same sentence! [...let alone that same cookie...!]

In this kind of recipe the zucchini is shredded and takes on the taste that you want it to. I have made chocolate zucchini cakes that are beyond delicious. Think carrot cake or tomato soup cake.....these are spicy cakes. The zucchini can be spice cake or cookies or basic chocolate cakes and cookies. The zucchini keeps the baked goods moist.

Dinner was grinders. I am considering a scallop scampi tonight. I need to see if I can find a recipe that won't throw me over the bridge.

Janice - She's about the same. I have a feeling she'll be going home with hospice sometime this week.

WFD - Surf & Turf (King crab & ribeyes), Rajun Cajun onion rings and grilled asparagus.

WFD - Surf & Turf (King crab & ribeyes), Rajun Cajun onion rings and grilled asparagus.

what time is dinner? That sounds wonderful!

So sorry about Johnny's sister. Hugs and prayers for both of you.

Quickly checking in this morning while Hailey is soaking/playing in the tub. I ran away yesterday and took the therapists with me. We had a spa day with massages and facials. Just what the doctor ordered.

Dad was able to have his chemo on Friday. Which of course means that he is feeling terrible today. Honestly, he is ready for this to all be over and has said that more than once. But he is in the stage where he is too sick to live but isn't sick enough to pass on. I would ask all of you who are remembering us in your prayers to pray for mercy. That is my prayer although my mother can't quite bring herself to that point.

Anyway, love to all of you. I miss you all and think of you often.

ETA - I thought Hailey was playing in the tub. When I got to the end of my post, I looked up and she was standing beside me, soaking wet and buck naked. Never a dull moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts