SOOZE 10 year Anniversary Getaway.. All DONE!

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you made it home safely, that is scary!:eek: Poor Shae, sorry she is feeling bad but I bet she was happy to spend a day at home with her mommy.
Your top 10 list was great, hope I will experience that someday to TRULY appreciate it. The bus rides with no peekaboo and sit down meals with no spills and the NO STROLLER I can TRULY appreciate!
Can't wait to read all about the trip!
Lesley

I just finished reading your "vacation with a toddler..." TR, and read through this one so far - and I have to say how adorable your kids are! That Christmas song video is precious! I'm ready to read about your new trip!

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about it! Love the Top Ten List. Can't imagine getting up and out the door in just 45 minutes, whew, that is BLISS!

Allyson

Ahhh....leaving the "I want it" monster home-that will be a true joy. (Actually DS is pretty good about it since he takes his own spending money) I'll just have to worry about MY monster:lmao:

Welcome back Sooze!:goodvibes LOVED the top 10 and can relate to so many of them!:thumbsup2 Sorry Shae's still not feeling well:sad2: Hope she feels better soon! Looking forward to reading more:surfweb:

Welcome back. Glad you had a great trip, but sorry to hear that Shae is still not feeling well. Your top ten list is great, really sums things up well.:rotfl2:

Take your time writing your report. Wondering what you thought of POR?

I KNOW!!!!:yay: I'm so ready to GOOOO!!!!:banana:
Hang in there.. it's almost time!!

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you made it home safely, that is scary!:eek: Poor Shae, sorry she is feeling bad but I bet she was happy to spend a day at home with her mommy.
Your top 10 list was great, hope I will experience that someday to TRULY appreciate it. The bus rides with no peekaboo and sit down meals with no spills and the NO STROLLER I can TRULY appreciate!
Can't wait to read all about the trip!
Lesley

I'm glad to be home safe as well. I certainly didn't want to leave our little heaven, but I missed the kids like crazy.. and once you know it's time to go home, you just want to BE there.. you know what I mean? Hope to start the TR this weekend!

I just finished reading your "vacation with a toddler..." TR, and read through this one so far - and I have to say how adorable your kids are! That Christmas song video is precious! I'm ready to read about your new trip!

So happy to have you on board.. and thanks for the kind words about the kids.. I'd have to say I agree whole-heartedly!!

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about it! Love the Top Ten List. Can't imagine getting up and out the door in just 45 minutes, whew, that is BLISS!

Allyson

Hopfully, you won't have to wait too long! I'm going to try to get the first installment up by Saturday night! I'm so ready to share with everyone all of the fabulous (and not-so-fabulous) things that happened to us!

Ahhh....leaving the "I want it" monster home-that will be a true joy. (Actually DS is pretty good about it since he takes his own spending money) I'll just have to worry about MY monster:lmao:

:rotfl: So true... I think my monster is worse than the kids.. and Matt's monster is the most horrific of them all!!!

Welcome home and your list is hilarious, can't wait to read more :goodvibes

Thanks! That list was my plane ride home.. good way to think about all of the wonderful things that we were able to experience on our getaway!

Welcome back Sooze!:goodvibes LOVED the top 10 and can relate to so many of them!:thumbsup2 Sorry Shae's still not feeling well:sad2: Hope she feels better soon! Looking forward to reading more:surfweb:

We got her some antibiotics yesterday.. she already seems heaps better. Thanks!

Welcome back. Glad you had a great trip, but sorry to hear that Shae is still not feeling well. Your top ten list is great, really sums things up well.:rotfl2:

Take your time writing your report. Wondering what you thought of POR?

Thanks for the warm welcome home! I'll be working on my report this weekend. You'll hear my thoughts about POR. We just LOVED it there!

Sooze....welcome home!! Sending some pixie dust your way hoping your daughter is feeling better very soon, a sick child is no fun:tinker:

Thought I would let you know that we received your postcard today in the mail...I cannot wait for the kids to get home from school and see it...they will be so excited! Again, thank you so very much for doing such a sweet thing...you are a sweet heart:hug:

I cannot wait until our Hoosier Dis meet...:wizard: here's to hoping we have a HUGE group...I am so excited!

:welcome: BACK HOME!!! Can't wait to hear how the trip went!

Sending :grouphug: for your little one to get better soon!

Looking forward to your first installment!:cool1:

Sooze...I forgot to ask yesterday when I posted....did your house get any damage during the storm earlier in the week? I was told it was raining ducks and geese...did you have any of your fellow neighbors injured or killed? Hopefully your house was not one of those that was blown off its foundation. My husband works for Duke Energy and they have to take pics of the damage when they go out to shut of the electrical service at a house...it looked terrible! I felt terrible for the people that had the duck that went through the side of their house...very sad (for the duck and the homeowners). Hoping all is okay.

Sooze....welcome home!! Sending some pixie dust your way hoping your daughter is feeling better very soon, a sick child is no fun:tinker:

Thought I would let you know that we received your postcard today in the mail...I cannot wait for the kids to get home from school and see it...they will be so excited! Again, thank you so very much for doing such a sweet thing...you are a sweet heart:hug:

I cannot wait until our Hoosier Dis meet...:wizard: here's to hoping we have a HUGE group...I am so excited!

I'll get on that this weekend. Going to start a "Hossier Dismeet" thread and I'll put it in my siggie. Hope to get a lot of people too!! And you are so welcome for the post card. I had a lot of fun writing those out. Just wish Disney postcards are cheaper. I wanted to buy individual ones to cater to everyone's favorite character, but they were just so expensive to buy individually! I went for a 'bulk pack', which aren't as good, IMO.:confused3

Welcome home!!!

Great top 10!

Thanks! and Thanks!:)

:woohoo:

cannot wait.

:surfweb:

:welcome: BACK HOME!!! Can't wait to hear how the trip went!

Sending :grouphug: for your little one to get better soon!

Looking forward to your first installment!:cool1:

Thanks so much! She is feeling so much better.. still not herself.. but better!

Sooze...I forgot to ask yesterday when I posted....did your house get any damage during the storm earlier in the week? I was told it was raining ducks and geese...did you have any of your fellow neighbors injured or killed? Hopefully your house was not one of those that was blown off its foundation. My husband works for Duke Energy and they have to take pics of the damage when they go out to shut of the electrical service at a house...it looked terrible! I felt terrible for the people that had the duck that went through the side of their house...very sad (for the duck and the homeowners). Hoping all is okay.

How scary, huh? Fortunately, our house was out of the line-of-fire. Those horrible straight line winds were further North of us. But Austin Lakes is where we used to live, and where Shae's babysitter lives. The damage was BAD there!!

I was supposed to be at Millie rehearsal that night (but we were flying home). The cast said that they were practicing when the sirens went off. You know how adults are sometimes.. they thought nothing of it and went on rehearsing. Our rehearsal space is in a strip-mall... with big windows all along the front, like a store... they said when that straight line wind blew through, the windows bowed outward and almost shattered! :scared1: Then the lights went out! Everyone screamed and ran into a back room. SOOOO glad I wasn't there to experience it!

But everyone's safe and sound around me... except for that poor duck...:sad2:

I'll get on that this weekend. Going to start a "Hossier Dismeet" thread and I'll put it in my siggie. Hope to get a lot of people too!! And you are so welcome for the post card. I had a lot of fun writing those out. Just wish Disney postcards are cheaper. I wanted to buy individual ones to cater to everyone's favorite character, but they were just so expensive to buy individually! I went for a 'bulk pack', which aren't as good, IMO.:confused3

Oh...I thought they were great and my kids loved it! They do not really care if they were fancy or not...they were just excited to get a postcard...and the handwriting...WOW...GREAT Mickey penmanship!!! You're the best Sooze! :hug:

How scary, huh? Fortunately, our house was out of the line-of-fire. Those horrible straight line winds were further North of us. But Austin Lakes is where we used to live, and where Shae's babysitter lives. The damage was BAD there!!

I was supposed to be at Millie rehearsal that night (but we were flying home). The cast said that they were practicing when the sirens went off. You know how adults are sometimes.. they thought nothing of it and went on rehearsing. Our rehearsal space is in a strip-mall... with big windows all along the front, like a store... they said when that straight line wind blew through, the windows bowed outward and almost shattered! :scared1: Then the lights went out! Everyone screamed and ran into a back room. SOOOO glad I wasn't there to experience it!

But everyone's safe and sound around me... except for that poor duck...:sad2:

I am glad to hear that all is well with your family home...and that your flight home was safe.

I was talking on the telephone when the storm hit...we have a large window in our living room and I could see it bowing inward as well:scared1: ...in the 15 years we have lived in this house I have never seen it do that before...very scary indeed!

I will watch for your posting about the Hoosier Dis meet...can't wait! :yay:

I am glad to hear that all is well with your family home...and that your flight home was safe.

I was talking on the telephone when the storm hit...we have a large window in our living room and I could see it bowing inward as well:scared1: ...in the 15 years we have lived in this house I have never seen it do that before...very scary indeed!

I will watch for your posting about the Hoosier Dis meet...can't wait! :yay:

I drove through our old neighborhood the other day to check out the damage.. it was BAD!!! I thought maybe a few houses got hit... There were dozens and dozens!! They lost siding, roofs, decks, sheds.. we saw one of those really expensive wooden swing sets just plowed into a deck... mangled wood everywhere! How scary!

I drove through our old neighborhood the other day to check out the damage.. it was BAD!!! I thought maybe a few houses got hit... There were dozens and dozens!! They lost siding, roofs, decks, sheds.. we saw one of those really expensive wooden swing sets just plowed into a deck... mangled wood everywhere! How scary!

:scared1: VERY scary! We had a path through Greencastle that was hit with some large trees being uprooted, a garage being completely blown to pieces (only the cement slab and a refrigerator left!), some shingles and siding off houses...thankfully it was just a small area though.

I will say a prayer for those poor homeowners (here and in Avon)...hopefully they get everything settled with their insurance companies quickly and get their lives back to normal as soon as possible. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter