SOOZE 10 year Anniversary Getaway.. All DONE!

I wake up Friday morning, and while I know we are leaving today, it still hasn't hit me. I have to make sure the kids are packed up and ready to go for the weekend.

We have decided to let Tyson head to Southern Illinois with my sister and her family to visit my mom. He is SUPER excited about this, but it means packing and arranging two SEPERATE trips for each one of my kids. Most of my morning was spent trying to sort all of that out.:upsidedow

I managed to make some cinnamon rolls for breakfast (don't be too impressed, they were fresh out of a refrigerated can!). I wanted Tyson to be in the best mood possible when I dropped him off to school today. I was so fearful that when he hugged me goodbye, he'd remember he wouldn't be seeing me for several days and break down into a :sad1: sobbing mess (see last year's adults-only trip report).

In fact, I thought so far ahead about this, that I sent a note to his teacher on Monday, letting her know what was going to be happening on Friday. I asked her to have the counselor on alert just in case Ty couldn't get himself back together after saying good bye to me!!

So it's time... Matt is going to bring Shae to the babysitter while I drop Ty off at school. He can't stand to see Tyson cry.. so he asked if he could drop of Shae.. since she really has no idea what's going on!

So Tyson and I are sitting in the front seat, waiting for the doors of the school to open. We are just chit chatting. I ask him what kind of stuff he wants me to bring home for him and he pleasantly tells me what he'd like... then I see teachers emerging from the building.. here it is.. moment of truth. He gives me a quick kiss and starts to exit the car. Then he pauses:sad2: ... uh oh.. he says, "are you going to Disney World?"... crap!! :headache: "Yes, buddy, I am." He turns to give me a full-on, tight-squeezing hug :hug: and won't let go. Here it comes.. I"m ready for it.... He finally pulls away with a big smile on his face. He says, "I'm not crying!" That's my big boy!! I told him I'd take him to Chuck E. Cheese for being such a strong man!!:rolleyes1

With that disaster averted, it's time to head home and get this trip GOING!!!:woohoo:

We had a friend drop us off at the airport and we made it on the plane with no problems whatsoever! Hooray!

The plane ride wasn't too long, but the flight was completely packed.. no where to stretch out at all. :crowded: It was really uncomfortable (And yes, I was stuck in a MIDDLE seat!) Luckily, AirTran has XM radio. I entertained myself with the broadway station. They actually played a half hour interview with Idnina Menzel, which made time pass quickly.

As we approached Orlando, we happened to glance out the window to see.. the EPCOT ball!! :worship: We're HERE!~

It was funny.. I was eavesdropping on the mom and daughter behind us on the plane. I heard her refer to WDW as "THE MOUSE TRAP". :lmao: I've never heard it called that before! Funny!!

We exited the plane and immediately felt the difference in temperature and smelled that MCO 'smell'.. anyone know what I'm talking about. We made our way to this:

Disney08AnniversaryTrip001.jpg

and were immediately yelled at by the Tram Nazi!! There was an airport employee very aggressively telling people to MOVE BACK away from the tram. Now, I'm sorry, but there are no markings, lines, ropes, chains, anything telling people how far back we should stand from the incoming tram (which, by the way, is behind a wall of glass.. it's not like we're gonna fall onto the track!!). This lady was enjoying herself way too much.. she just liked being mean!

On the tram, Matt turned on his cell phone and noticed he had a voice mail.. it was Tyson's school calling, would we please call back.... :scared1: OH NO!!! What happened? Here's Matt getting the voice mail:

Disney08AnniversaryTrip002.jpg

We could only think terrible thoughts.. like halfway through lunch, Tyson decided he really missed us and decided to cry his way to the couselor... or maybe he was in the fetal position in the corner of his classroom, refusing to move until his parents returned from DisneyWorld...:scared:

So we returned the call. Wanna know what it was?! Of course you do.. our neighbor (the one who was getting Tyson off the bus for us) was volunteering at the school and wanted to just take him home with her, instead of having him ride the bus... they were just calling to make sure that was okay.... WHEW!!!

On to baggage claim.. DH travels A LOT for drum corps and always keeps everything carry on.. this is why! He HATES waiting for luggage.. can ya tell?!

Disney08AnniversaryTrip003.jpg

This was our first verification that ME is TOTALLY worth ANY wait they put us through. At least when your waiting for ME, you have Disney people around you!! Our 2nd verification is on it's way...

Got the bags, hopped right onto an Enterprise shuttle, then watched it fill to capacity within seconds! We drove 10 minutes from the airport (felt like 30) and pulled into the Enterprise parking lot. Holy.... Cow...the line was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO long.. it went on for AGES!!! We waited almost a full HOUR in line.

Disney08AnniversaryTrip004.jpg

Disney08AnniversaryTrip005.jpg

Yeah.. 2nd verification that this is the LAST time we will ever rent a car. If we want a car on property next time, we'll DRIVE, thank you very much!

The cool thing, though, was that people were surprisingly upbeat at the Enterprise place. I was completely shocked that we did not see a single person whip out the attitude or become confrontational. And, let me say again, how HORRIBLE the line was!!

Up next.. we arrive at POR... and fall in love with yet ANOTHER Disney resort.

Your question to contemplate.. how many U-Turns did we have to make before we got there?!?! Discuss amongst yourselves.....

WONDERFUL!!! The trip report has started...I love your reports sooze! They are so animated and full of information that makes me laugh...it is a great way to escape from the stress of a long day! Can't wait for the next installment!popcorn::

WONDERFUL!!! The trip report has started...I love your reports sooze! They are so animated and full of information that makes me laugh...it is a great way to escape from the stress of a long day! Can't wait for the next installment!popcorn::

Not only did I start my TR.. finally, but I got a Hoosier DisMeet thread going.. I'm SOOO hoping this works out!

Link is signature... find your way over there!!

Awww, thats so sweet that your little one was being such a big boy! I would have freaked at that voice mail too. Good to know it was only a question. :)

I HATE lines. Especially right before you get to somewhere where you will be waiting in lines for however many days you are there. That rental car line looks horrible!:eek:

Great start to your TR! Can't wait to read more.popcorn::

Yeah Sooze, you've begun. You have no idea how much this has made my day after the weekend I've had. I'll keep checking back as I'm off my feet this week. THANK YOU!
Also, thanks for the post cards, the kids were THRILLED, they both have them in their hands several times a day telling us how much Mickey and Minnie miss them both, thank you so much and your handwriting, AMAZING!
Great job and thank you. Can't wait for more, GREAT start!!!!!
Lesley

I love Idnina Menzel. She is great.

great start and love the pic at enterprise.

r u on your way to catching up to me. :rotfl2:

can't wait for more.

Can't wait to hear more.

Hopefully I won't keep you waiting too long!

Awww, thats so sweet that your little one was being such a big boy! I would have freaked at that voice mail too. Good to know it was only a question. :)

I HATE lines. Especially right before you get to somewhere where you will be waiting in lines for however many days you are there. That rental car line looks horrible!:eek:

Great start to your TR! Can't wait to read more.popcorn::

Yes.. lines are NOT fun. Fortunately, we didn't have to wait on TOO many more... just that darn Soarin' ride.. it is ALWAYS crowded!

Yeah Sooze, you've begun. You have no idea how much this has made my day after the weekend I've had. I'll keep checking back as I'm off my feet this week. THANK YOU!
Also, thanks for the post cards, the kids were THRILLED, they both have them in their hands several times a day telling us how much Mickey and Minnie miss them both, thank you so much and your handwriting, AMAZING!
Great job and thank you. Can't wait for more, GREAT start!!!!!
Lesley

:hug: So glad I could cheer you up!! And I'm very happy to hear the kids enjoyed their postcards. Can't wait to meet them someday!!

I love Idnina Menzel. She is great.

great start and love the pic at enterprise.

r u on your way to catching up to me. :rotfl2:

can't wait for more.

:lmao: That's me thinking about catching up to you!! You are cranking out your reports MUCH too fast for me to do that!! I'll try, though...:rolleyes1

:lmao: That's me thinking about catching up to you!! You are cranking out your reports MUCH too fast for me to do that!! I'll try, though...:rolleyes1

that is ok. i like my pace. you go at yours.

Then he pauses:sad2: ... uh oh.. he says, "are you going to Disney World?"... crap!! :headache: "Yes, buddy, I am." He turns to give me a full-on, tight-squeezing hug :hug: and won't let go. Here it comes.. I"m ready for it.... He finally pulls away with a big smile on his face. He says, "I'm not crying!"
Aww! :hug: That's a toughie - hard to know whether to feel relieved or sad that he's growing up; methinks a little of both. :goodvibes
I was eavesdropping on the mom and daughter behind us on the plane. I heard her refer to WDW as "THE MOUSE TRAP". :lmao: I've never heard it called that before!
Yep, lots of folks down here refer to it that way. It's interesting - I wouldn't say the majority, but a LOT of Floridians hate WDW for "bringin all teh tourists" down here. Like they weren't already coming?!
Your question to contemplate.. how many U-Turns did we have to make before we got there?!?! Discuss amongst yourselves.....
Hmmm... put me down for 1.25 please. ;)

that is ok. i like my pace. you go at yours.

Okay!!

Aww! :hug: That's a toughie - hard to know whether to feel relieved or sad that he's growing up; methinks a little of both. :goodvibes

Yep, lots of folks down here refer to it that way. It's interesting - I wouldn't say the majority, but a LOT of Floridians hate WDW for "bringin all teh tourists" down here. Like they weren't already coming?!

Hmmm... put me down for 1.25 please. ;)

Your guess is very close.... :)

Awww your little man is growing up :goodvibes

Wow that car queue looked horrid at least everyone was in good spirits :)

Ummm my guess is 3!

:eek: That rental car line is scary! Glad to hear Tyson was so brave for you!:thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear all about POR! Sorry to hear about all the weather damage in your community:sad2: Looking forward to more!:surfweb:
Diane

great start sooze, sounds like a tight flight, guess you got cosy with the neighbors.:hug:

that is cool you got ot see the ball from the plane, i would love to see that, but we sat on the wrong side of the plane this year, and we landed the other direction so we could not see the world from the air.

cant wait to read more.

on the way to check out the indiana dis meet board

Great start! I look forward to more.:thumbsup2

Can't wait to write more! Thanks!

Awww your little man is growing up :goodvibes

Wow that car queue looked horrid at least everyone was in good spirits :)

Ummm my guess is 3!

Yeah, looking back, it was very fortunate that the masses were patient and on their best behavior!

3 is a good guess, but not as close as the other guess!

:eek: That rental car line is scary! Glad to hear Tyson was so brave for you!:thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear all about POR! Sorry to hear about all the weather damage in your community:sad2: Looking forward to more!:surfweb:
Diane
We had some more nasty storms very early this morning.. no severe warnings or anything, but we had a few "rumble the entire house" thunders!!:eek:
Sigh...I love that smell! (MCO Smell!)
I'm not alone!:banana:
We waited an hour at Dollar last January ... I was SOOO jealous of the ME people.
I hear ya! I'd rather wait an hour for ME than a rental car any day!
great start sooze, sounds like a tight flight, guess you got cosy with the neighbors.:hug:

that is cool you got ot see the ball from the plane, i would love to see that, but we sat on the wrong side of the plane this year, and we landed the other direction so we could not see the world from the air.

cant wait to read more.

on the way to check out the indiana dis meet board

Thanks for visiting!! How far of a drive are you from Indy?! You're pretty close to Chicago, aren't you?

Hey y'all. I really wanted to update tonight,but will probably be hitting the hay early. We had some pretty LOUD and vivid storms roll through here around 4 am. Guess who woke up and refused to go back to sleep?!? Ah... I just love the little princessprincess: .

So I'm dragging butt BIG TIME today... I have no rehearsals on Wednesday, so hopefully then!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter