What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Try filleting it, seasoning with salt and pepper and dusting it with flour. Pan fry in frothy butter until it's a little bit crispy. Deglaze the pan (add another tbsp. of butter if you need to) with the juice of a lemon and reduce for a minute or two. Pour this easy sauce over the fish and I bet both you and your DH will like it. :goodvibes
Thank you! Sounds delicious. Not sure why he doesn’t fillet rainbow trout. He cleans them and the head is off, but the skin is still on and the bones. When he catches anything else he fillets them. We have eaten all the krappie fillets and I have 1 bag of perch fillets and probably 20 bags of rainbow trout that are not filleted. I am going to try your suggestion with the perch first since those are filleted.

Thank you! Sounds delicious. Not sure why he doesn’t fillet rainbow trout. He cleans them and the head is off, but the skin is still on and the bones. When he catches anything else he fillets them. We have eaten all the krappie fillets and I have 1 bag of perch fillets and probably 20 bags of rainbow trout that are not filleted. I am going to try your suggestion with the perch first since those are filleted.
This is a super way to make any kind of white fish - I really do think you'll like it. :flower3: Come back and let us know. If you get to feeling fancy and want to go nuts (literally :laughing:) try this recipe for the classic Trout Almondine. It's pretty much the same dish garnished with some pan-toasted almonds and it's perfection!! :lovestruc
https://www.daringgourmet.com/trout-almondine/

Made a shrimp tortilla topping minus the tortilla, LOL.
Cut up shrimps sautéed in smoked paprika and oil.
Topped with shredded cabbage slaw and a fruit salsa featuring blackberries and mango. Plated on a bed of baby spinach. Done and gone.

Dessert was a segmented clementine with a meringue kiss and blackberry purée.

I am feeling better but I think DH is going back to the doctor. He hasn’t had much of an appetite. I took advantage of the beautiful weather and grilled chicken and served it with salad.

Try filleting it, seasoning with salt and pepper and dusting it with flour. Pan fry in frothy butter until it's a little bit crispy. Deglaze the pan (add another tbsp. of butter if you need to) with the juice of a lemon and reduce for a minute or two. Pour this easy sauce over the fish and I bet both you and your DH will like it. :goodvibes
Back to report that I tried this tonight and I thought it was excellent. I had the perch fillets and he also brought home a few more trout and one was big enough to fillet (apparently with trout you lose a lot of meat when you fillet so only worthwhile if they are really big) so I made both. I actually thought the trout was a bit better tasting than the perch although both were very good. Husband liked it, but said a bit too lemony 🙄 (it was not too lemony), but I can work with that. Middle DD said it would be better with chicken 🙄instead of fish. It probably would be good with chicken, but I am trying to use the influx of fish I have going on right now. Younger DD said she will never eat anything her father catches so she had fish sticks. And we had salad and Mac and cheese.

Thank you for the suggestion @ronandannette! I may try the almonds next time, but none on hand today.

Back to report that I tried this tonight and I thought it was excellent. I had the perch fillets and he also brought home a few more trout and one was big enough to fillet (apparently with trout you lose a lot of meat when you fillet so only worthwhile if they are really big) so I made both. I actually thought the trout was a bit better tasting than the perch although both were very good. Husband liked it, but said a bit too lemony 🙄 (it was not too lemony), but I can work with that. Middle DD said it would be better with chicken 🙄instead of fish. It probably would be good with chicken, but I am trying to use the influx of fish I have going on right now. Younger DD said she will never eat anything her father catches so she had fish sticks. And we had salad and Mac and cheese.

Thank you for the suggestion @ronandannette! I may try the almonds next time, but none on hand today.
:thumbsup2Happy to hear it! As for your DD's suggestion, turn the basic recipe easily into chicken piccata. Do the same flour dredge and pan-fry; deglaze with a combination of chicken broth, white wine and lemon (play with it to your taste; about a cup of liquid all together); reduce for a few minutes and finish with a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of capers. Another easy but really, really lovely dish. :goodvibes Now that I think of it, if your DH found the fish a little too lemony, just substitute some of the lemon juice with white wine next time and it might suit him a little better.

Soup sounds perfect for a drizzly evening! I might whip up some tomato basil soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for a cozy night in. Then maybe catch up on some Netflix or dive into a good book. Enjoy your chicken pot pie soup! 🍲📺

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter