Shannon and Tim ~ DISboards brought us together ~ Swan Wedding 9-21-12 ~ update 6/30

Woohoo for signing the second contract! That's great!

I think we're going to be okay with Rev. Tim-- really! Thank goodness we have each other :laughing:

Honestly, I wish we weren't having a reception. Doing the cake and cider seems simple, nice, and romantic. You definitely don't need alcohol at 10:30!

I am doing a tasting with It's Tasty Too this week! I'll let you know how it goes! I LOVE topsy turvy cakes-- too cute! I bet yours will be adorable!

We are considering using the bride and groom toppers as well! Love them!

I know we've texted about it but I ADORE your floral! It will be gorgeous!!!

I'm so glad you added an extra hour of Randy- it will be worth it!!

I'm a huge fan of airbrush even though it's more pricey. It looks beautiful and lasts forever! BUT, if your skin looks pretty good, I'd skip it!

Great update, Shannon!

-Congrats on signing your contract!!!!
-Don't worry about Rev Tim. You'll be fine! :)
-We're just having sparkling cider too. We're actually having an alcohol free reception all together! (For personal reasons, not cost.)
-And I've heard fabby things about It's Tasty Too. :)
-We're using the same cake topper!!! Woohoo!!! :banana:
-Adding on an hour to Randy is a good idea. I think I drove him crazy: first we had 3 hours, then 4, then I upped it to 7.
-Oh! LOVE the colors of the flowers! :lovestruc

BTW, what is a second contract? I didn't do one of those and I haven't heard of it. Is it a new thing?

-Ok so first of all you are not horrible I have not been on the dis at all...but that was purely due to vacation
-I am waiting for Diana to send me our first contract to get things secured I am so glad you have stuff secured. I have all my stuff organized I just need the money from Greg to be able to secure everything.
-I was working directly with Tim Herring but I told Diana when we had our session that I would like her to handle it and that he was available for our date so if she could get him snagged for us I would appreciate it. I know he does not like to focus in on each bride until close to the wedding so I am not worried about it and I know things will turn out great.
-we are not doing a cake at all but I think you knew that. Our menu with Fulton's includes cheesecake but what I might do is bring in a small cheesecake for pictures and I may put the bride and groom vinylmations on that like you are doing but what I am honestly thinking of doing is putting them on the table like
place cards for where we will sit and then I will do the same thing for the bridal party. I am not 100% sure yet on that but I think I am going to do something like that.
-is topsy turvy like a mad hatter?
-I love what you want for your bouquet and I do not think it really matters what time of year it is remember we are getting married in florida at disney we can be as crazy as we want :)
-hooray for deciding to go with the extra hour I think you will be happy you did plus he is a great photographer
-wow you did makeup already...when should I do that? I do not know much about that stuff but I will probably do a trial in June when we go to do a planning session.

Love you shannon!

Teresa

Topsy Turvy is just like Mad Hatter...I guess Its Tasty Too just calls it something different :confused3

I do LOVE the bright colors...I can't wait to see them in person, hopefully it turns out close to that picture!

I am so happy I did the extra hour, I think pictures are the most important for me

I did the make up alreadybecause I can't do a trial,l so I went off of reviews and just booked it :goodvibes

Love you too!! thanks for reading this, facebook, and texts from me!!

Your plans sound great. We're going with Randy and Beaute speciale too. I had my trial a few mos back and didn't do airbrush. I think airbrush is for people who have problem skin (acne, discolorations, etc) it is also supposed to stay on longer. I left my makeup on for about 9 hours and did not touch it up once (except for lips) and it still looked perfect. I tend to be oily and there was no sign of shine at all.

We had Rev Tim booked too before our Pastor said he'd do the ceremony for us. I've heard a lot of good comments about Tim, the only bad thing I hear is that communicating with him before the ceremony is tricky.

Your flowers are so bright and pretty! They'll really stand out. The cake sounds great too, is that a mad hatter type cake? The vinylmations will be adorable on top!

I hope your new planner is great! I panicked a bit when I heard Karen is leaving but I guess since I'm so close to my date she'll still be my planner. Just Marry has been so great so I'm guessing that all of the planners there are just as fabulous as Karen!

Maybe I will be ok with regular makeup then. I have some blemishes, but nothing too bad. Yeah everyone says Rev Tim is tricky beforehand, I just want to add some custom touches, other than that i am laid back :thumbsup2

Thank you!! Yes the cake will be mad hatter style, I am excited Tim liked that style as well, it fits our personalities :goodvibes

Woohoo for signing the second contract! That's great!

I think we're going to be okay with Rev. Tim-- really! Thank goodness we have each other :laughing:

Honestly, I wish we weren't having a reception. Doing the cake and cider seems simple, nice, and romantic. You definitely don't need alcohol at 10:30!

I am doing a tasting with It's Tasty Too this week! I'll let you know how it goes! I LOVE topsy turvy cakes-- too cute! I bet yours will be adorable!

We are considering using the bride and groom toppers as well! Love them!

I know we've texted about it but I ADORE your floral! It will be gorgeous!!!

I'm so glad you added an extra hour of Randy- it will be worth it!!

I'm a huge fan of airbrush even though it's more pricey. It looks beautiful and lasts forever! BUT, if your skin looks pretty good, I'd skip it!

Thank you for being there to answer my crazy questions over text...you have helped me out so much you have no idea!! :goodvibes

I wish I was able to do a trial run of the makeup to see which I like better...I just don't have much experience with makeup...I wear eyeshadow and mascara on my good days :lmao:

Great update, Shannon!

-Congrats on signing your contract!!!!
-Don't worry about Rev Tim. You'll be fine! :)
-We're just having sparkling cider too. We're actually having an alcohol free reception all together! (For personal reasons, not cost.)
-And I've heard fabby things about It's Tasty Too. :)
-We're using the same cake topper!!! Woohoo!!! :banana:
-Adding on an hour to Randy is a good idea. I think I drove him crazy: first we had 3 hours, then 4, then I upped it to 7.
-Oh! LOVE the colors of the flowers! :lovestruc

I just figured since my parents don't drink along with other family members and it being so early we could go without the champagne. Plus we are going to EPCOT after where there are plenty of drink options for people :rotfl:

I am so glad I added the extra hour...I want to make sure we get lots of pictures...we always forget to take pictures unless we are on vacation or something important like say...our wedding...:rotfl:

BTW, what is a second contract? I didn't do one of those and I haven't heard of it. Is it a new thing?

It was just something we had to do, because we wanted to secure the space, date, and time before we were ready to sign a contract on the other items. We are super planners...so we couldn't wait to do it all in one contract :rotfl:

Shannon sweetie
Really, really have no fear about Rev Tim!!! Yes, he is not the best at communication (especially by e-mail which he is uncomfortable with), but when it comes to the important things (ie. your ceremony), he is wonderful, and the sweetest man alive!!! What are your reservations, and I will see if I can help.
I had the air-brush make-up and I have no specific skin problems or blemishes, scars etc. Patricia recommended it for it's staying power in the Florida heat and humidity. It also feels very light and comfortable on the face. I loved it!!!
I am sure that you will have a ball at your tasting with Heather. I didn't manage a tasting session with her, but was extremely pleased with my cake!!
We are hoping for a cruise on the Fantasy next year as part of my 'Nifty Fifty' celebrations. Can't wait!!!

Shannon sweetie
Really, really have no fear about Rev Tim!!! Yes, he is not the best at communication (especially by e-mail which he is uncomfortable with), but when it comes to the important things (ie. your ceremony), he is wonderful, and the sweetest man alive!!! What are your reservations, and I will see if I can help.
I had the air-brush make-up and I have no specific skin problems or blemishes, scars etc. Patricia recommended it for it's staying power in the Florida heat and humidity. It also feels very light and comfortable on the face. I loved it!!!
I am sure that you will have a ball at your tasting with Heather. I didn't manage a tasting session with her, but was extremely pleased with my cake!!
We are hoping for a cruise on the Fantasy next year as part of my 'Nifty Fifty' celebrations. Can't wait!!!

Thank you so much for making me feel better about Rev Tim :goodvibes sometimes I tend to worry right away but over time I usually calm down, which has happened here and it is so helpful to be reassured by you wonderful brides who have worked with the same people :cutie:

I think I might go with the air brush makeup, I have some acne scars from when I was younger and I believe they said the air brush will help to hide those

We aren't able to do a tasting either :sad2: but MrsDuck (Faith) told me all the different flavors they tasted and helped me make some changes to better suite our tastes...so that was really great!!

The Fantasy would be a great Nifty Fifty celebration trip!! We took my mom a few years back to Disney World for hers and I made her a cute shirt with that saying on it!!

Again I keep falling off the face of the Earth with this stuff...but we have accomplished a lot lately.

I visited WDW with my mom at the beginning of the month. I was so lucky that Faith (MrsDuck) and her mom were super sweet and met us at POP when we were checking in! I got to meet them and we talked about wedding and Disney things...I was so sad we only got to hang out for a little while, but I am so happy I got to meet her in person. Faith and her mom were both SO sweet...her mom kept offering to drive me to Its Tasty Too to taste cakes (so sad I couldnt :sad2:) but they did help me decide on cake flavors from their tasting experience!! Also they said to keep a look out for the Swan boats during our wedding...they were going to come stalk us by paddling by :lmao: my mom thought this was the funniest thing ever and I think she secretly hopes it happens!!

Here is a picture of us at POP

SAM_0350.jpg

My mom and I had a wonderful trip together, our first vacation ever just the two of us and everything was just great!! I also ran my first full marathon (26.2 miles) while we were there...it was such a tough and great life experience!! I burst into tears when I saw my mom at the finish and she did too!! I am so happy I did it at Disney World..there was entertainment and characters to keep me happy :goodvibes

Here are some pictures of the race and my vaca with my mom

SAM_0414.jpg

SAM_0413.jpg

SAM_0432.jpg

SAM_0361.jpg

SAM_0464.jpg

We are going to be sending our save the dates out soon, we have sent a few to some family members we knew for certain were invited and now we have finalized the rest of our list and those will be going out asap :goodvibes

We did the fast pass looking save the date design by Wendy at Ever After Printables and LOVE it :thumbsup2 we have had a great response to it as well

2011-12-31_20-45-56_300.jpg

I created a wedding newsletter that went with the save the date, most of our family and friends have actually not been to WDW or haven't been in a very long time

Tim's mom texted me the other day while she was shopping, I had told her and my parents that I was looking for blue gladiator type sandals or blue nice flip flops to wear for the wedding (since we will be standing in sand and also due to running I have a stress fracture in my foot that makes wearing heels painful). It doesn't match our color scheme, but blue is my favorite color and also I wanted my shoes to be my something blue :goodvibes I wasn't thinking of anything crazy, just plain sandals, but when she sent me the picture I went out and bought them right away :rotfl: The more teal color of the straps and feathers match my college colors and I just love that they are something I wouldn't normally buy, its fun to try new things!

2012-01-21_18-45-04_337.jpg

Also Tim's mom told us she would video tape our ceremony, since she has a handycam and because we just couldn't budget in a videographer. Well I knew this was going to stress her out and it did...she called me the other day to ask if I had heard of STVS Video. She found them through Randy's website and was really happy with the price and videos she saw. I told her I would be very happy to have them for our day and she is going to book them for us :banana: I am SO excited!!

This Tuesday myself, my mom, and Tim's mom are going dress shopping for me...hopefully I can find something, we are going to an Alfred Angelo shop in the area :goodvibes

Everything looks great! And congrats on your marathon! I just got into running this time last year (to get in shape for my wedding)...well, I shouldn't say "got into it"...I still hate it like doing the races...if that makes any sense. So I am super impressed with your marathon! What was the farthest you had run before that and how long did it take you? I've done several 5ks now and we're signed up for a 10k in March...we might sign up for the Tower of Terror 10 miler in the fall and maaaaaybe the Princess Half Marathon next Feb...but I'm so tired after the 5ks (and sore!) that I don't know if I can do it!

There we are!! :dancer: Super cute picture-- I love the unintentional background :laughing:

And seriously, you just wait.. never know who will appear in those boats... ;)

Woohoo for the 26.2 girlie! Now you need one of those stickers for your car!

I love love love all your on course race pictures!

You and your mom are so so cute!

Love the STDs! Your newsletter was awesome-- good job!

Love love love the shoes! So pretty and fun!

I'm so glad Tim's mom is going to book STVS- so awesome!

ANNDDD, I cannot wait to see dress shopping pictures!

Here we go!
- Hello again! as if I do not talk to you on a daily basis
-hooray for the picture of you and faith!
-So jealous of the picture of you and Jose Carioca!
-I think I knew about the save the dates and the newsletter but none the less so glad that you are getting those out...now if only my proofs would come in so I could decide and mail mine!
-Hooray for STVS I am so glad your mom found them and likes them. That makes me very happy. I have had great communication with Stan so far even though it can be a little slow, so just be glad you are not having to deal with it ;)

ok girl love you and hooray for mickey fans lol

Teresa

Everything looks great! And congrats on your marathon! I just got into running this time last year (to get in shape for my wedding)...well, I shouldn't say "got into it"...I still hate it like doing the races...if that makes any sense. So I am super impressed with your marathon! What was the farthest you had run before that and how long did it take you? I've done several 5ks now and we're signed up for a 10k in March...we might sign up for the Tower of Terror 10 miler in the fall and maaaaaybe the Princess Half Marathon next Feb...but I'm so tired after the 5ks (and sore!) that I don't know if I can do it!

Thank you :goodvibes I actually got into running after a bad breakup...it helped me start a new chapter of my life a few years ago and helped me a lot!! The farthest I had done before this was training runs up until 16 miles...I should have trained farther distances, but I ended up with some hip and knee issues and had to take breaks. I had completed 3 half marathons before this too including my first being the Wine and Dine at Disney :thumbsup2 It took me 7 hours to do the marathon. I ended up adding at least 20-30 min to my time taking bathroom breaks and stopping to take pictures with characters. Plus I am naturally a slow poke anyway! I am working on my speed this year.

I hate running during the actual running, but I LOVE it at Disney...there is so much entertainment and the fellow runners are so nice and everyone just is out there having fun!!

There we are!! :dancer: Super cute picture-- I love the unintentional background :laughing:

And seriously, you just wait.. never know who will appear in those boats... ;)

Woohoo for the 26.2 girlie! Now you need one of those stickers for your car!

I love love love all your on course race pictures!

You and your mom are so so cute!

Love the STDs! Your newsletter was awesome-- good job!

Love love love the shoes! So pretty and fun!

I'm so glad Tim's mom is going to book STVS- so awesome!

ANNDDD, I cannot wait to see dress shopping pictures!

Our unintentional background is really awesome!!

If you guys appeared in those swan boats I think it might be the highlight of my mom's day :rotfl:

Thank you for thinking of me during the race and sending me a message!! It helped!! It was so much fun seeing the different characters out there, wait and see when you do the Princess!! You will be HOOKED to disney races!!

Thank you for all your sweet compliments and for making me feel like a superstar when I sent you a pic of the dress!! :goodvibes

Congrats of finishing the marathon! Love your save the dates and your shoes.

Thank you :goodvibes My only problem will be having to wait to wear the super cute shoes!!

Here we go!
- Hello again! as if I do not talk to you on a daily basis
-hooray for the picture of you and faith!
-So jealous of the picture of you and Jose Carioca!
-I think I knew about the save the dates and the newsletter but none the less so glad that you are getting those out...now if only my proofs would come in so I could decide and mail mine!
-Hooray for STVS I am so glad your mom found them and likes them. That makes me very happy. I have had great communication with Stan so far even though it can be a little slow, so just be glad you are not having to deal with it ;)

ok girl love you and hooray for mickey fans lol

Teresa

Its so funny because I know you already know everything in my update :rotfl:

Isn't Jose just so cute?!? I had never seen him out before and just had to stop, plus I match him :thumbsup2

I can't wait to see your STD...from what I have seen online it is really cool!!

So far Stan has been good, but I am not dealing with him, I am handing off some things to my family and Tim which really helps a ton, but is difficult...as you know I am type A when it comes to wedding planning :lmao:

I just realized I never shared our engagement photos on here!! I am sure most of you have seen them all on facebook, but I will share some of our favorites on here :goodvibes

These were taken by a photographer here in Richmond at a local park in the city
(fun fact I hired the photographer based off his website alone...his mom was in one of my running groups and his family is friends with one of my coworkers - small world)

TimandShannon-51.jpg

TimandShannon-45.jpg

TimandShannon-39.jpg

TimandShannon-37.jpg

TimandShannon-23.jpg

TimandShannon-5.jpg

TimandShannon-2.jpg

TimandShannon-50.jpg

TimandShannon-28.jpg

WOW! Love these pics! They look really natural and full of love <3

How funny about your photographer! You just never know who will know who lol.

And I'm late in the game but those shoes are ah-mazing!

I know I've already gushed over your e-pics but I have to do it again:

I love how beautiful and timeless they are! You both look great and so in love! They're just beautiful and I think your photog did a great job!!

Hi Shannon,
I just found your PJ. The title caught my attention. My DH and I also met on the Disboards back in August 2007. We were both on the singles thread. He lived in the UK and I was in Canada. We started chatting and he came to visit me in Jan 2008. After a visit to the UK and him surprising me with a visit for my Birthday in July we had our first trip to WDW in October 2008. James proposed to me on Oct 14 2008 at the CaliGrill after wishes. We were married at SBP on Oct 14 2010. We had Randy as our photographer, Stan from STVS and I used Beauty Speciale. We seem to have so many things in common. I am so glad to see a few other DisBoard Brides. It is hard to explain how we met to some people who don't understand the boards but I wouldn't change my story for anything. I have been living in the UK with my soul mate for 3 years. I can't thank the DisBoards enough for bringing us together. Congratulations to you on your wedding. I am sure it will be an amazing day. If you have any questions that I can help with please feel free to ask. I know I wasn't a swan/dolphin bride but any help I can give I am willing to try and help.
All the best can't wait to keep reading about your plans.
Debbie:flower3:

WOW! Love these pics! They look really natural and full of love <3

How funny about your photographer! You just never know who will know who lol.

And I'm late in the game but those shoes are ah-mazing!

Thank you so much :goodvibes our photographer is a full time firefighter here in Richmond and just breaking through with photography and he was so great to work with!!

Thank you about the shoes too :cutie: I can't wait to wear them!!

I know I've already gushed over your e-pics but I have to do it again:

I love how beautiful and timeless they are! You both look great and so in love! They're just beautiful and I think your photog did a great job!!

Thank you twin!! You know I appreciate it and technically you were the first to ever see them :thumbsup2

Hi Shannon,
I just found your PJ. The title caught my attention. My DH and I also met on the Disboards back in August 2007. We were both on the singles thread. He lived in the UK and I was in Canada. We started chatting and he came to visit me in Jan 2008. After a visit to the UK and him surprising me with a visit for my Birthday in July we had our first trip to WDW in October 2008. James proposed to me on Oct 14 2008 at the CaliGrill after wishes. We were married at SBP on Oct 14 2010. We had Randy as our photographer, Stan from STVS and I used Beauty Speciale. We seem to have so many things in common. I am so glad to see a few other DisBoard Brides. It is hard to explain how we met to some people who don't understand the boards but I wouldn't change my story for anything. I have been living in the UK with my soul mate for 3 years. I can't thank the DisBoards enough for bringing us together. Congratulations to you on your wedding. I am sure it will be an amazing day. If you have any questions that I can help with please feel free to ask. I know I wasn't a swan/dolphin bride but any help I can give I am willing to try and help.
All the best can't wait to keep reading about your plans.
Debbie:flower3:

I am SO sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your message!! I haven't been on the DISboards much lately with work being very busy the last month and wedding plans in full swing!! I LOVE that you two met on the DISboards as well, it makes me so happy to hear!! :goodvibes
It can be really tough to try and explain to people, especially those who don't use message boards or understand why I do for Disney :rotfl: but like you said I wouldn't change it for the world!! He loves Disney and planning for things just as much as me which makes it great!

We do have so many wedding things in common too!! Also our engagement and wedding time frame in the fall is similar too, that is so cool :goodvibes Thank you so much for reading along and being so sweet!

Sorry I haven't been very active on here!! I am BACK and better than ever :rotfl:

I don't have any pictures to share this post though :headache:

I got the perfect dress the other day from Alfred Angelo!! I can't share a picture on here, I did on the DISbrides group on facebook though. I am afraid if I share a picture on here Tim will see it somehow. We had the store to ourselves, I tried on 20 different dresses and a random one the girl who worked there pulled was the one!! :goodvibes I tried on some of the Disney ones including the new Sleeping Beauty one but they weren't right for me but still so fun to say I tried on

We have decided on the UP invitation that Wendy has at Ever After Printables on Etsy, we think it fits our tropical theme with Disney in there as well!

Also one of my sorority sisters from college is painting us a "Thank You" sign for us to take a few pictures with. We are going to turn that picture into a thank you card for our guests, I think I am stressing Tim out adding all these little things but he will love it when it comes together :)

Also we are deciding whether to do ribbon wands or no ribbon wands for the ceremony?!? I dont want any confetti and Tim doesnt love the idea of bubbles so we are trying to decide on using these or doing nothing. Any opinions are appreciated!!

Guess who's back? Back again? Shannon's back! Tell a Friend!!

Woohoo!!

I love love love the UP invite! So awesome!! Can't wait to see the Thank You sign! The little details make such a difference!

RIBBON WANDS.

I totally vote for ribbon wands! Doug's not a fan of them at all, so I need to live vicariously through everyone else's ribbon wands :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter