Shannon and Tim ~ DISboards brought us together ~ Swan Wedding 9-21-12 ~ update 6/30

Guess who's back? Back again? Shannon's back! Tell a Friend!!

Woohoo!!

I love love love the UP invite! So awesome!! Can't wait to see the Thank You sign! The little details make such a difference!

RIBBON WANDS.

:rotfl: Love you Faith!!

I am so excited, I hate to wish the summer away but I am :rotfl:

I totally vote for ribbon wands! Doug's not a fan of them at all, so I need to live vicariously through everyone else's ribbon wands :rotfl:

:goodvibes Yay I think I love the ribbon wands more each day
When I first told Tim about them he said "What is this Medieval Times restaurant" :lmao:

Hi Shannon! Just joining in over here on your PJ (took me a while to stumble upon it lol).

I love the UP invites! Wendy opened her Etsy shop basically right after we ordered our invites, but I would have gone with the UP ones if I could have!

I think ribbon wands would be awesome (would you collect them from people before going to EPCOT or do you think your guests would mind carrying them around the park? Might be a cute touch to park pics!)! We had bubbles with Mickey bling on them, but after the fact I wish we did ribbons or a petal toss... oh well. Probably my only regret from our Swan wedding, so not bad! I can't wait to hear more!

OMG! I'm also in full wedding planning mode so reading your posts is extra exciting! First things first, I LOOOVE your save the dates and invitations! I really want to use Fast Pass cards as my seating cards at the reception but it just didn't really work since we're not having a Disney wedding :sad2: But, I love them and they're so cute! Also, I love the wording on your invitation!

Your flip flops are super cute! They're a great balance between dressy and fun!

Finally, I think I would do ribbon wands. With the beach setting it could make for some really great pictures!

Ah, I was browsing the wedding PTRs because I have a high school friend that's writing one, and I stumbled upon yours! No idea you had this going, but I love it! I think it's awesome you and Tim are getting married at the Swan and Dolphin; it's such a gorgeous resort. :love:
Those shoes are perfect for a beach wedding. Honestly, heels do NOT work in sand. (This is coming from someone who lives by the ocean.)

I love your cake toppers! Such a unique and cute keepsake. Plus it fits right in with Disney. :thumbsup2

So ribbon wands are a great idea. I am not sure if you saw the madness going on with me but I have decided I am doing fruity pebbles!!! Yes the cereal!!! I just really want something different.

i have missed you on the boards!

Teresa

Hi Shannon! Just joining in over here on your PJ (took me a while to stumble upon it lol).

I love the UP invites! Wendy opened her Etsy shop basically right after we ordered our invites, but I would have gone with the UP ones if I could have!

I think ribbon wands would be awesome (would you collect them from people before going to EPCOT or do you think your guests would mind carrying them around the park? Might be a cute touch to park pics!)! We had bubbles with Mickey bling on them, but after the fact I wish we did ribbons or a petal toss... oh well. Probably my only regret from our Swan wedding, so not bad! I can't wait to hear more!

Welcome :goodvibes

I LOVE Wendy's work its so amazing and creative. I never think of ideas like that so I am glad she does :thumbsup2

I hadn't thought about collecting them afterwards hmm...well I guess we are giving them to our guests, but if they don't feel like carrying them around I will have a spot they can leave them and I will take care of them, thank you for bringing that up :thumbsup2 I like to plan ahead and that helps!

I do love bubbles in pictures though, they look great, but I let Tim decide between bubbles and ribbon wands and he actually chose the ribbon wands

OMG! I'm also in full wedding planning mode so reading your posts is extra exciting! First things first, I LOOOVE your save the dates and invitations! I really want to use Fast Pass cards as my seating cards at the reception but it just didn't really work since we're not having a Disney wedding :sad2: But, I love them and they're so cute! Also, I love the wording on your invitation!

Your flip flops are super cute! They're a great balance between dressy and fun!

Finally, I think I would do ribbon wands. With the beach setting it could make for some really great pictures!

YAY!! I am glad you found my planning report over here :cool1: Isn't wedding planning so much fun?? I don't know what I am going to do after the wedding with my time :rotfl: The funny thing is some people didn't know what the fastpass things were and thought they were real tickets :headache: I had to laugh though!

Ah, I was browsing the wedding PTRs because I have a high school friend that's writing one, and I stumbled upon yours! No idea you had this going, but I love it! I think it's awesome you and Tim are getting married at the Swan and Dolphin; it's such a gorgeous resort. :love:
Those shoes are perfect for a beach wedding. Honestly, heels do NOT work in sand. (This is coming from someone who lives by the ocean.)

I love your cake toppers! Such a unique and cute keepsake. Plus it fits right in with Disney. :thumbsup2

Welcome and so happy you found my planning report!! :goodvibes
I can't wait to get down there for wedding and honeymoon, but I don't want the time to go by too quickly either :rotfl:

Oh course I can't walk in heels very well to begin with, so thankfully I can use the sand as my excuse!!

So ribbon wands are a great idea. I am not sure if you saw the madness going on with me but I have decided I am doing fruity pebbles!!! Yes the cereal!!! I just really want something different.

i have missed you on the boards!

Teresa

I saw that, there were like 60 responses and I was trying to keep up :rotfl: I love the unique cereal idea, thats so you fun and unique!!

So we decided YES to ribbon wands hooray!! I have no idea how we will do the staged exit for pictures but we can figure that one out later

We are using someone from Etsy who does custom orders and has great reviews. My flowers are pink, green, and orange so we have been modeling our colors around those. We have been using mainly just pink and green, but I think the orange looks nice too for the ribbons

Here is a picture from the vendor to show me the colors together

ribbon.jpg

I hadn't thought about collecting them afterwards hmm...well I guess we are giving them to our guests, but if they don't feel like carrying them around I will have a spot they can leave them and I will take care of them, thank you for bringing that up :thumbsup2 I like to plan ahead and that helps!

Sooo glad I could further help you plan ahead! :goodvibes P.S. You helped me plan ahead "costumes" for our upcoming Halloween trip. DH didn't want to wear an actual costume, so I showed him a pic of you guys in your Monsters Inc. shirts and he is on board for shirts! We got Incredibles t-shirts! I'm so excited!

The ribbon colors are GORGEOUS together! Excellent choice! And I'm sure your flowers will be as well!

Yay for ribbon wands! I'm sure the pics will turn out awesome! I love your colors! THey're so vibrant and fun, so pretty!

Shannon, my fellow Virginian!! I finally found your PJ, and am all caught up. I love all of your plans so far! And your engagement pictures are so beautiful! :cutie:

Hope to talk to you soon! :goodvibes

Yah ! I found your journal !!
I love all your plans and we are using so many of the same vendors so I'll be hanging out later this year for your reviews! I hope that we will be able to meet before your big day!
I love the ribbon Wands and I hope we can do them too!!
Can't wait to hear more :)

Sooo glad I could further help you plan ahead! :goodvibes P.S. You helped me plan ahead "costumes" for our upcoming Halloween trip. DH didn't want to wear an actual costume, so I showed him a pic of you guys in your Monsters Inc. shirts and he is on board for shirts! We got Incredibles t-shirts! I'm so excited!

The ribbon colors are GORGEOUS together! Excellent choice! And I'm sure your flowers will be as well!

Yay!! i am so glad to hear I could help! I think you are going to enjoy having themed t shirts and feeling dressed up without feeling uncomfortable, plus it makes for super cute pics!! When are you guys visiting for Halloween?

RIBBON WANDS!

Teresa

Yay for ribbon wands! I'm sure the pics will turn out awesome! I love your colors! THey're so vibrant and fun, so pretty!

I am actually re thinking ribbon wands, I am between having them or fans for guests since it will be so warm out probably...or neither :headache: decisions decisions

Shannon, my fellow Virginian!! I finally found your PJ, and am all caught up. I love all of your plans so far! And your engagement pictures are so beautiful! :cutie:

Hope to talk to you soon! :goodvibes

YAY!! Welcome!! Thank you for finding me!! And thank you for the compliment!!

I hope we can get together sometime soon, we live so close by we need to!

Yah ! I found your journal !!
I love all your plans and we are using so many of the same vendors so I'll be hanging out later this year for your reviews! I hope that we will be able to meet before your big day!
I love the ribbon Wands and I hope we can do them too!!
Can't wait to hear more :)

YAY!! I am glad you found me! I am sorry I haven't updated lately, I am trying to be better about it!

I will make sure to do reviews of all of my vendors, I know how much it helps to read about others experiences :goodvibes

Worst PJ updater, right here!! I am here!!

We are sending invites out later this month, around the last week in May or first week in June. Wendy did the design and actually prepared them/printed them for us for a great price...amazing! Not the best picture, but this gives an idea of them:

2012-04-18_19-28-41_425.jpg

We are waiting on small business cards I designed that tell about the wedding favors. We ordered Vinylmation style soaps from Etsy, they are so cute...but I had a fear someone may eat them thinking they were food :rotfl: My camera phone is acting up as usual, so I will have Tim take a picture after of them

Also my mom and Tims mom are throwing me a very laid back bridal shower with just a few people coming. I really wanted a Disney theme, but decided since we are getting married on the beach at the Swan and Dolphin and because I love all things tropical we are doing a tropical/luau theme. Now I need to figure out an alcoholic drink recipe to make that fits..hmm..

I know I've already gushed about your invites but I just love them so much. They're just gorgeous!! Wendy did a great job!

:rotfl: I love that you are worried about someone eating the soaps!! {It probably is a good thing you're specifying, though, in all honesty}

YAY for the bridal shower! I cannot wait to see pictures! Wish I could be there!

Sending out the invites is so exciting!!! And again, they are gorgeous!

We'll be in Disney October 21-27 for Halloween and the F&W Festival. I can't wait!!! My first trip to Disney in the fall and unfortunately, a month AFTER your big day (otherwise I'd come stalk your wedding! ;)).

I absolutely love the ribbon colors And I actually used the fastpass save the dates for my invites! Wendy adjusted the wording and I got them printed bigger. I love hearing everyones reactions!
The bouquet is so pretty too!
Oh and I love your "meet" story!

I know I've already gushed about your invites but I just love them so much. They're just gorgeous!! Wendy did a great job!

:rotfl: I love that you are worried about someone eating the soaps!! {It probably is a good thing you're specifying, though, in all honesty}

YAY for the bridal shower! I cannot wait to see pictures! Wish I could be there!

There are a couple of kids coming to the wedding so I was worried they might bite the Mickey soaps...then again my crazy step mom might too :lmao:

Wish you lived closer to come to the shower!

Sending out the invites is so exciting!!! And again, they are gorgeous!

We'll be in Disney October 21-27 for Halloween and the F&W Festival. I can't wait!!! My first trip to Disney in the fall and unfortunately, a month AFTER your big day (otherwise I'd come stalk your wedding! ;)).

It was the most nerve racking part of the process for me sending those out for some reason, but very exciting!!

Ahh I would love stalkers too!! You are going to love Disney in the fall!!

I absolutely love the ribbon colors And I actually used the fastpass save the dates for my invites! Wendy adjusted the wording and I got them printed bigger. I love hearing everyones reactions!
The bouquet is so pretty too!
Oh and I love your "meet" story!

Thats a great idea for the fastpass design!! Do you have pictures of them? Id love to see!!

A couple of my guests who hadnt been to Disney before thought my save the dates were actual park tickets :headache: that was fun explaining :rotfl:

I love the invites, nice design!

Thank you :goodvibes

Love your invites!

Thank you :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter