Shannon and Tim ~ DISboards brought us together ~ Swan Wedding 9-21-12 ~ update 6/30

Well Invites have been sent out and I am hearing great things from my guests about them :thumbsup2

We wanted to keep our wedding small and only invited close family members (trust me I wanted to leave my dad and step mom off the list :rotfl:) that includes my step mom's daughter who my step mom (paying for none of the wedding or helping in any manner) invited with her husband and two children :headache:

Well anyway we had to cut cousins and other family from the list and we each invited some close friends (more difficult for me since I have lived in 3 different states between growing up, college, and now) so I am sure there are going to be some upset people.

On a happier note I went for my first dress fitting last night, I HATE to give people control of important things, but I trust the seamstress and hopefully she will hem it so I can actually walk in it :rotfl: I am only 5'2 and the dresses are made for girls 5'6 or 5'7 she said and I am wearing sandals no heels so she has a lot to get rid of!!

I am still trying to decide whether I should ship the dress or take it with me? This is the most difficult decision for me for some reason :confused3

YAY for the invites being out! I was so excited when I got mine (early! I'm so fancy)!!

I still think you should fly with the dress but that's because I'm paranoid :laughing:

I so wish I could stalk your wedding!!! Anyway, I hear you about the small wedding and people potentially being upset. Don't focus on it too much - people will get over it eventually (or not and oh well!)! And hopefully you may find that there are some people in your life that despite not being invited are still so happy for you and your husband that they will still send you a nice wedding card and/or even a gift! We had a few distant relatives and some newer friends/co-workers do this. It was such a nice surprise!

Here's hoping your dress is in excellent hands! :thumbsup2 We drove down to FL mainly because I was freaked out about what to do with my dress and other wedding items (it was about a 10 hour drive.. not terrible!). I'm not sure what would be better - if you ship it, who would you ship it to?

We wanted to keep our wedding small and only invited close family members (trust me I wanted to leave my dad and step mom off the list

Well anyway we had to cut cousins and other family from the list and we each invited some close friends (more difficult for me since I have lived in 3 different states between growing up, college, and now) so I am sure there are going to be some upset people.

I am still trying to decide whether I should ship the dress or take it with me? This is the most difficult decision for me for some reason :confused3

I know how you feel, Were starting to plan our wedding now and I want to keep it just parents and brothers and sisters, but in fear of angry realatives my future hubby wants to extend the invite :( I say "Do what You want". Were doing a ceremony only in WDW and a big'o reception back home for everyone to come. Can you ship your wedding dress previously? Because were actually going on a 7day Disney cruise before our wedding and I don't know what worries me more, bringing my dress on the cruise or shipping it. On another note does anyone who's had ther wedding have any pics of their makeup or airbrush makeup?

YAY for the invites being out! I was so excited when I got mine (early! I'm so fancy)!!

I still think you should fly with the dress but that's because I'm paranoid :laughing:

So glad you are able to come to the wedding :goodvibes Im glad you liked the invite!!

I so wish I could stalk your wedding!!! Anyway, I hear you about the small wedding and people potentially being upset. Don't focus on it too much - people will get over it eventually (or not and oh well!)! And hopefully you may find that there are some people in your life that despite not being invited are still so happy for you and your husband that they will still send you a nice wedding card and/or even a gift! We had a few distant relatives and some newer friends/co-workers do this. It was such a nice surprise!

Here's hoping your dress is in excellent hands! :thumbsup2 We drove down to FL mainly because I was freaked out about what to do with my dress and other wedding items (it was about a 10 hour drive.. not terrible!). I'm not sure what would be better - if you ship it, who would you ship it to?

Awww I wish you could come stalk the wedding too!! We would love that!

I am not sure about who I would ship it to, perhaps Carolyns or my wedding planner. I am not sure it will need steaming, the fabric doesnt wrinkle easily so it should hold up well.

I know how you feel, Were starting to plan our wedding now and I want to keep it just parents and brothers and sisters, but in fear of angry realatives my future hubby wants to extend the invite :( I say "Do what You want". Were doing a ceremony only in WDW and a big'o reception back home for everyone to come. Can you ship your wedding dress previously? Because were actually going on a 7day Disney cruise before our wedding and I don't know what worries me more, bringing my dress on the cruise or shipping it. On another note does anyone who's had ther wedding have any pics of their makeup or airbrush makeup?

We have gone back and forth about the people to invite, thankfully even though some people may be mad about not being invited Tim has had my back no matter what :thumbsup2

I think we may be shipping the dress, my mom thinks thats the best option right now. Either to our wedding planner or to Carolyn's who will steam the dress

I am not sure about comparison pictures for makeup, i would love to see that!! But after speaking with Beaute Speciale I decided airbrush was for me due to my breakouts

Such a cute way to meet, congrats!

Thank you :goodvibes

Hey girl I just shipped my dress via fed ex to carolyn allen's and it got there safe and sound they even called when they got it in to let me know. I would highly recommend it.

Teresa

Hey girl I just shipped my dress via fed ex to carolyn allen's and it got there safe and sound they even called when they got it in to let me know. I would highly recommend it.

Teresa

Thanks Teresa you rock!! I am glad to hear that they offer great service, I might ship my dress to them now that I know that :thumbsup2

So after all of my research and picture stalking and all...Tim finally told me he doesn't really want to have ribbon wands. Since he hasn't spoken up much about wedding stuff, I am being a great fiance and listening :rotfl: We are going to do a petal toss instead.

I contacted our wedding planner at Just Marry and she added petals to our floral contract. We asked for pink and orange to match colors in my bouquet. Either way I am happy we are still having a staged exit :thumbsup2

To save money we are not having a musician for our ceremony, but instead using a CD player or Ipod to play music. We need to pick out some songs for the seating of guests and are open to suggestions. We want some fun songs, Disney or not, light hearted and nothing too fancy or serious

I go for my second dress fitting on July 11th. I was hoping to have lost more weight, but have not lost anymore...hopefully the dress will still fit good

I just wanted to stop by and say I hope you have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon! I know you haven't updated this since June, but I, for one, hope to hear all about it when you get back :)

Hellooo! Just joining in on your PJ to wish you a Happy 3days before your wedding! I loved your engagement pics because I live in Richmond too :) Congrats and can't wait to see the updates from your wedding.

HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!

I hope everything was as beautiful and magical as you've dreamed....

Congratulations!
Brooke

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter