Planning June 2016, any discount to be had?

Offers through June 11 were just posted on the Disneyworld site a few minutes ago. Nothing useful for our requested dates, but we'll keep looking.

Man, our vacation starts June 12. Oh well, I expected I wouldn't see a discount for most of the vacation until March anyhow. Here's hoping we can get a bounce back for June 12-21 when we go in Feb

Wow, I actually got lucky...go figure. Our dates are June 4-11...just did get in. We saved about $350 on a CSR standard room. :)

I was hoping for a preferred room at POR for June 4-8th but there aren't any rooms available with the discount. :(

Well, this discount *doesn't* hit my dates so I guess I'll have to wait until March for our discount. Good luck to those traveling before June 11th.

The discount ends during my trip but I still saved a significant amount of money. Upgrading to Coronado Springs from Pop was only 40 dollars more over non-discounted price. I am actually surprised at the level of discount offered plus ticket promotion.

What's offered at WL is the exact same discount as what I already booked on a Bounceback while I was there in November. Unfortunately, this offer, just like the BB, does not include either of the cheaper views--just Courtyard and above.

I haven't been keeping track; is that commonplace at the deluxes now? To make the standard views unavailable for discount?

What's offered at WL is the exact same discount as what I already booked on a Bounceback while I was there in November. Unfortunately, this offer, just like the BB, does not include either of the cheaper views--just Courtyard and above.

I haven't been keeping track; is that commonplace at the deluxes now? To make the standard views unavailable for discount?

Those book fast so they may not be available or they know they can fill those rooms without a discount. I don't think WL has a large number of standard views.

If you're a Disney rewards Visa member, check your email. We just got one for 35% off select deluxe villas through June 30.

I called for the visa discount for late May/early June and was told all of the discounted rooms at all of the villas were already booked. Did anyone experience the same?

Got our room for June 5-11... Disney's spring sale timed up perfectly for us!!!

First time booking through Orbitz... got the same Disney room rate for 20% off POP, then used Orbitz's CELEBRATE code for an additional 15% off. Ended up saving about an extra $100 with the Orbitz code, so I figured might as well do it instead of the MYW package. We never do dining anyways, so it's worth a few extra minutes to link up reservations!

So I just call Orbitz tomorrow and have them add our kids to the ressie, correct?

And any word when tickets prices are going up? Undercover Tourist is still best bet for that?

Those book fast so they may not be available or they know they can fill those rooms without a discount. I don't think WL has a large number of standard views.
Actually, the standard and woods view rooms are not part of the discount. I had a standard view already booked and wanted to apply the spring offer to it, but the CM told me that the discount only applied to CY view. So I upgraded and saved $350. I didn't save the amount I wanted to, but I'll take it and get the better view. Disney has this down to a science.

Actually, the standard and woods view rooms are not part of the discount. I had a standard view already booked and wanted to apply the spring offer to it, but the CM told me that the discount only applied to CY view. So I upgraded and saved $350. I didn't save the amount I wanted to, but I'll take it and get the better view. Disney has this down to a science.

Yep, that's what I thought. And those two categories were excluded from the Bounceback as well. Additionally, it seems as though the cheapest categories at the Poly, CR, and Beach Club were excluded as well. I didn't check any other deluxes.

Yes, I'll keep my Courtyard View at 30% off because it's cheaper than a full-price Standard View (and should hopefully be further from construction), but you're right, they sure have this down, don't they! I'm spending $300ish more than I had hoped.

I was super disappointed to not see any standard room available.....we did the bounceback on a woods view because standard wasn't available.

Still waiting for end-of-June discounts other than the value/quick dining meal plan.

Still waiting for end-of-June discounts other than the value/quick dining meal plan.

I'm thinking you've got another month or so of waiting, unfortunately. Traditionally, the discounts for summer travel come out in mid to late March. The current room discount for Spring has to be booked by 3/31 so I think it will be around that time before the next deal comes out. I'm just glad the Summer meal plan discount is a good deal for us. My "waiting for a discount" countdown ended abruptly with the unexpected release of that deal. :D It's tough to be patient when waiting for discounts!! :)

I'm thinking you've got another month or so of waiting, unfortunately. Traditionally, the discounts for summer travel come out in mid to late March. The current room discount for Spring has to be booked by 3/31 so I think it will be around that time before the next deal comes out. I'm just glad the Summer meal plan discount is a good deal for us. My "waiting for a discount" countdown ended abruptly with the unexpected release of that deal. :D It's tough to be patient when waiting for discounts!! :)

Last year about this exact time I booked a split stay at POR/POLY through Orbitz.

I'm able to get about the same rate for POR but Poly is showing $498 nt. Last year I paid about $330 nt. Any reasons why it's so much more? Im looking in first two weeks of June.

Last year about this exact time I booked a split stay at POR/POLY through Orbitz.

I'm able to get about the same rate for POR but Poly is showing $498 nt. Last year I paid about $330 nt. Any reasons why it's so much more? Im looking in first two weeks of June.

This is just a guess, but it's possible the Poly room was heavily discounted last year at this time because of all the construction that was going on at the the resort at that time. That's all finished up now, so there's no need to entice people to stay there with lower room rates. When I was checking rates for our trip in June, the rooms at Wilderness Lodge were much less expensive than they typically are -- most likely due to the construction going on there this year.

This is just a guess, but it's possible the Poly room was heavily discounted last year at this time because of all the construction that was going on at the the resort at that time. That's all finished up now, so there's no need to entice people to stay there with lower room rates. When I was checking rates for our trip in June, the rooms at Wilderness Lodge were much less expensive than they typically are -- most likely due to the construction going on there this year.
Also, I believe 2016 rack rates at the Poly are much higher than 2015 rack rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter