Planning June 2016, any discount to be had?

Yep, that's what I thought. And those two categories were excluded from the Bounceback as well. Additionally, it seems as though the cheapest categories at the Poly, CR, and Beach Club were excluded as well. I didn't check any other deluxes.

Yes, I'll keep my Courtyard View at 30% off because it's cheaper than a full-price Standard View (and should hopefully be further from construction), but you're right, they sure have this down, don't they! I'm spending $300ish more than I had hoped.

Just seeing this thread now but I was able to book a standard view at WL with the spring discount for the first week of June. I didn't book it on the date that the discount code was released though, I think I booked it about a week after the discounts came out. But I'm not sure why they would tell you standard view wasn't available with the discount?

Just seeing this thread now but I was able to book a standard view at WL with the spring discount for the first week of June. I didn't book it on the date that the discount code was released though, I think I booked it about a week after the discounts came out. But I'm not sure why they would tell you standard view wasn't available with the discount?

I never updated that. :) On the day the discount was released, there were no Standard WL rooms included, but I checked back about five days later and was able to book Standard View with the discount--it seems they just added them to the inventory late. Plus, I booked through Travelocity and got another 16% off and about a $50 rebate from Ebates. Yea!

The summer AP rates are out. I just got a Family Suite at ASM for June 25-July5th at 30% off. The travel dates are June 15-July 31.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: 3-bedroom villas, campsites, Disney's Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows – Bungalows.

The summer AP rates are out. I just got a Family Suite at ASM for June 25-July5th at 30% off. The travel dates are June 15-July 31.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: 3-bedroom villas, campsites, Disney's Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows – Bungalows.

Can you tell me what rooms are discounted 35% and what rooms are discounted 30%? I have a trip planned and plan on upgrading to an annual pass while there. My travel agent keeps telling me that I don't need to purchase the AP now because the discounts for AP and the public will be the same. I'm quite skeptical so I am trying to figure out if buying a pass right now would save me money. (You can't see the prices without being an AP holder. At least I can't on my computer.)

Thanks!

Dbktmc,
I did a quick check of a random days. Values are 25%, moderates are 30%, and deluxe are 35%.

In addition to the listed exclusions, I noticed the following:
AKL and Kidani Village were 25% (don't know why)
Port Orleans French Quarter, GF villas, and BLT villa were also excluded

I don't have a valid opinion about the annual pass vs standard room rates. I know you can't book AP discounts online without an AP but can you call to make a ressie and ask for the AP discount? You can't check in without a valid AP but can you call and just be sure to get one before you check in? I really don't know.

Thanks for letting us know! I just came back and had booked a bounceback, but the new AP summer rate is saving me $270.52 on my week at POR 6/25-7/2! :sunny: :thanks:

I was just able to change both my reservations. I got 35% off Poly Club Garden View and 25% off Beach Club Garden View Club. I saved so much money. So very happy.

Dbktmc,
I did a quick check of a random days. Values are 25%, moderates are 30%, and deluxe are 35%.

In addition to the listed exclusions, I noticed the following:
AKL and Kidani Village were 25% (don't know why)
Port Orleans French Quarter, GF villas, and BLT villa were also excluded

I don't have a valid opinion about the annual pass vs standard room rates. I know you can't book AP discounts online without an AP but can you call to make a ressie and ask for the AP discount? You can't check in without a valid AP but can you call and just be sure to get one before you check in? I really don't know.

Thank you!! I am working with my travel agent right now to get the discounts!

Can you tell me what rooms are discounted 35% and what rooms are discounted 30%? I have a trip planned and plan on upgrading to an annual pass while there. My travel agent keeps telling me that I don't need to purchase the AP now because the discounts for AP and the public will be the same. I'm quite skeptical so I am trying to figure out if buying a pass right now would save me money. (You can't see the prices without being an AP holder. At least I can't on my computer.)

Thanks!

I hope this is the case, we are going June 22-26 for an extended weekend trip and I am impatiently waiting on the discounts to come out to decide where we are staying. I would love 35% off at Deluxe. We just decided to go last week when I got a decent deal on flights and I looked into renting DVC points and of course there is nothing available.

I'm planning a birthday bash for my soon to be 16 yr old daughter and two of her friends for next June 4th-11th. Looking at the website the prices are higher than I remember. We're DVC member but wont have any points to use as we blew them on Hawaii this year, LOL! There is going to be six of us total.

What kind of deal can I expect to get during this time frame? How can we do this trip as cheaply as possible? Will two value rooms be cheaper than a family suite? We wanted to do the dining plan just so we don't have to make the girls hold back when ordering. We don't want to seem cheap. LOL Has anyone done a trip like this and how did you do it, if you don't mind tell me.

Thanks

Room-only discounts for that time period have been out for quite a while, so limited inventory is left, but it's still there. I'll be there the same time, and already have my discounted room booked. Here is a link to the discount page.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/magic-incentive-package/

I hope this is the case, we are going June 22-26 for an extended weekend trip and I am impatiently waiting on the discounts to come out to decide where we are staying. I would love 35% off at Deluxe. We just decided to go last week when I got a decent deal on flights and I looked into renting DVC points and of course there is nothing available.

Discounts for the general public for late June will be out within 1-2 months.

Last year the discounts for those dates came out for Visa card holders on March 18 or 19th and then for the general public a few days later. So you should see the rates for this year in about 2 weeks!

Last edited:
Following. I'm actually already booked for the 12th-17th, but would bump it back for a better discount than my current summer meal deal.

I'm glad I found this thread! We will be in WDW for 11 nights (wow!) from June 27-July 8 with our four kids. We'll be at Pop for the first part of our stay for a jump rope competition. I'm pretty sure I need to book through the competition, which kills me as I can get a good AP discount right now. We are AP holders, so I was able to get a good discount on rooms at the Poly and the WL for after the competition. We were only able to get standard rooms t WL with the discount. I actually have my eye on the deluxe CL room at WL, which would sleep all of us! Unfortunately, it wasn't eligible for the AP discount. I've got my fingers crossed that it will be an option for the regular summer discount (it's eligible for the spring discount). I can't justify the pricey without a discount, and that would be such a neat surprise for my family (if I can keep the secret). This may be our last trip for a while (we splurged on AP's this year, and have spent way too much at Disney), so we're splurging on some extras:).

Happy searching! I hope we all find the discounts we need!

I'm back with an update. Life has been busy and I've been wanting to post.

My daughter decided to take only one friend, her best friend! Her best friends parents are the really strict old school type. She wasn't allowed to even stay the night at anyone's house. I told my daughter we could ask and see what happens but not to get her hopes up. So I got on the computer and photo-shopped an invitation asking her friend to help celebrate my daughters birthday at Disney World. I was hoping an official invitation would work and it DID!!! We set up a nice dinner with her parents and talked about the trip and they agreed to let her go with us but asked us if it would be awkward if they were in Orlando during our trip. They wanted to be close in case anything happened. I told them of course not and if they needed any planning help to let me know. Her parents are really lovely people.

I booked us a room at BWV. We borrowed our DVC points to get the room. I really didn't want to do it but I had to keep this trip in a budget and not paying cash for the room helps, a lot! Then we had to decide if we were going to pay cash for food or just do the dining plan and get tickets. I found out that dvc was offering by 4 day ticket get 5th day free! Awesome but that was still like 1600.00 just for tickets! Yikes Disney is getting expensive. Then if we add the dining plan for 5 adults that was another 1855.00!

About two weeks ago maybe three our local grocery store ran a promo buy a 100.00 Disney gift card for 80.00! Thank you HEB in Texas you just saved me 20% off of my tickets and dining plan! The tickets and dining plan would have cost me 3500.00 but I save 700.00 buy using those gift cards. In the end I only spent 2700.00 for 5 adults on 5 day tickets and the dining plan! It's still expensive but has eased my mind and I'm glad that this part of the trip is paid for!

Now I've gotta pay for memory maker and save for spending monies while there.

We also added on a one night stay to universal studios at Royal Pacific Hotel (gotta have front of the line access). The hotel portion was pricey at 322.00 for the night but I saved on tickets by purchasing them at the USSSA website.

We're getting there and time is approaching quickly!

I was also thinking of making the girls and my ds a swag bag for the trip. I've been trying to come up with ideas for the bags. What type of stuff should I put in them ect. So far I've decided to buy each girl a coach cross body bag from our local outlets. I was thinking also to add a Disney beach towel, hand sanitizer, lotion, matching bracelets, a set of mickey ears and snacks. For the bracelets I was thinking Alex and Ani or maybe if I can swing it a Pandora charm bracelet with a charm but that can be real pricey.

Sorry my post got so long. I guess I had a lot to say! LOL

Hope everyone else is finding great deals for your trips.

Got this facebook "message" from my Disney travel agent. Haven't found a link with exact details but here's what I've seen so far:

"Save up to 30%* on rooms at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels for stays most nights June 12-Aug. 25, 2016 PLUS receive an exclusive "Awaken Summer" graphic MagicBand when you upgrade to a room and Theme Park package with a minimum 2-day Magic Your Way® Ticket."

12821463_10154099904309382_5161025326901108748_n.jpg

Here's the link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/awaken-summer-room-offer/

Last edited:
So I had booked the spring offer, which only discounted my first night 6/11 (and gave us a free day on our tickets). I booked POR Royal pool view as the location looked pretty ideal for all pool view rooms. POR is now supposed to have a 20% discount that covers 5 of my nights 6/12-6/17. But when I check it out online, I would have to go to standard or garden view, and it is only around $100 cheaper than my pool view reservation on the old discount. I am inclined to not make the change for $100, but confused as to why the prices are so close together.

I can't price a pool room anymore with the spring discount, so if I do river view, it shows the room at $1813 and the tix at $1391 extra, which comes really close to my actual pool view package. If I do garden view with the summer discount, it has the room at $1501 and the tix at $1582 extra...apparently that free 7th day on 4 tickets was worth more than I thought! Just seems strange.

So I figured out that the reason I wasn't saving much with the new summer offer is due to the price increase on tickets between my original booking and now.

Since I wasn't willing to change my POR room for a very small savings, I looked and we could go to WL for just $38 more total! I know it's under construction, but we've been wanting to try it, and we're looking forward to the resort being at half capacity. We don't think the construction will bother us much. None of the things that are closed are things we would use anyway. We're pretty excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter