Planning June 2016, any discount to be had?

I switched our package reservation to the new summer discount and saved $830!! We have a 1-night, room only stay the first night and then our package starts the next day for the next 6 nights. I did some math and figured out that if I combined my room only into a package (but did NOT increase my # of park days) that it would be ~ $400 more - but it decreased the # of OOP meals from 5 to 2...AND it also meant that I wouldn't have to check out/check in the first morning before we headed to HS AND I wouldn't have to worry about not being able to stay in the same room..

BUT my question is this - how much trouble will it be to cancel and re-book my trip?

I paid off the room only with gift cards, and a TON of the package with gift cards too -can they just move the payment over or will they have to actually cancel and then credit my gift cards and then I'll have to call back in a few days when the gift card balances are applied to pay on the new reservation??

I have spoken with agents and they have "linked" our 2 reservations so they say we should not have to change rooms and the idea of NOT having to go to the front desk and deal with that before our 7:45am b'fast before we head to HS just sounds wonderful! That would be like 20 min of sleeping in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter