Our last trip to Disney (as a family of 3)! *new 2/3/16 link to new TR*

I've just finished reading your TR and I'm loving it. Rory is such a cutie and I love how he interacts with the characters :goodvibes

Congratulations on the birth of Lola, she's beautiful :)

Congratulations on your new princess. I hope recovery has gone well.

Thank you! Yes, the recovery has been going very well and I am feeling great!

I've just finished reading your TR and I'm loving it. Rory is such a cutie and I love how he interacts with the characters :goodvibes

Hi, I'm glad you're enjoying it! He definitely was fun to watch with the characters. This was a great age to take him.

Congratulations on the birth of Lola, she's beautiful :)

Thank you!

It's been a while but I thought I'd check in here while I have a minute.

I only have one day left to cover for my trip report, but that will have to wait for another day. This is my last week of maternity leave (so sad!). Lola has been a dream baby. She is the greatest addition to our family, and Rory is still in love with her. Here are a few pictures of her newborn shoot when she was just one week old:

5f44sj.jpg

104n69v.jpg

rmmhw4.jpg

And here are a couple of more recent pictures:

2lufnm8.jpg

35845m9.jpg

She is waking now, but I will be back at some point to finish this report!

Yay so happy to see some pics of baby Lola! Funny, I misread your ending line with "She is walking now..." lol. Had to do a re-read of that one ;)

She is adorable and looks so happy! I'm sorry maternity leave is already almost over. Khertz also went back to work this week. I have 2.5 more weeks until mine starts! (not that I am counting or anything!).

Lola is adorable! You have a beautiful family. I misread the last line too. :) I was wondering how time flew so fast!

Enjoy the last of your leave.

Jill in CO

aw, thanks for posting the pictures. She's beautiful and Rory looks like a very proud big brother!

I read your last line fast and though you said "she's walking" now and was thinking "wow, she's advanced!"

Aw, she is just gorgeous! So glad things are going well.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't read it as walking, haha.

So sweet! I just found out our upcoming Xmas trip will be our last trip as a family of 3, so I'm really looking forward to the rest of your TR and any preggy while at Disney tips you might have!

I like the others read, 'walking' as well and had to do a double take!

She is absolutely adorable @schmass. Those checks- you must kiss them ALL DAY LONG!
Enjoy!

Yay so happy to see some pics of baby Lola! Funny, I misread your ending line with "She is walking now..." lol. Had to do a re-read of that one ;)

She is adorable and looks so happy! I'm sorry maternity leave is already almost over. Khertz also went back to work this week. I have 2.5 more weeks until mine starts! (not that I am counting or anything!).

Haha, nope, not walking yet, thankfully!

I'm sad about my leave coming to an end, but I'm going back 3 1/2 days per week so that should help! Lucky you starting your leave soon. You are getting so close!

Lola is adorable! You have a beautiful family. I misread the last line too. :) I was wondering how time flew so fast!

Enjoy the last of your leave.

Jill in CO

Aw, thank you! Time has gone by quickly, but fortunately not THAT quickly!

aw, thanks for posting the pictures. She's beautiful and Rory looks like a very proud big brother!

I read your last line fast and though you said "she's walking" now and was thinking "wow, she's advanced!"

Rory is definitely a proud brother. Whenever we say that he is cute, he says, "no, Lola's cute!". He is excited that she'll be starting daycare with him next week.

We like to think that she's advanced, but definitely not walking yet, haha.
Aw, she is just gorgeous! So glad things are going well.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't read it as walking, haha.

Thank you!

I'm thinking I should have written that she was waking UP!

So sweet! I just found out our upcoming Xmas trip will be our last trip as a family of 3, so I'm really looking forward to the rest of your TR and any preggy while at Disney tips you might have!

Oh, how exciting! Congratulations to you! When are you due?

She's beautiful. Enjoy your last week home. Congrats ofcabbagesandkings.

Thank you!

I like the others read, 'walking' as well and had to do a double take!

She is absolutely adorable @schmass. Those checks- you must kiss them ALL DAY LONG!
Enjoy!

I bet she'll start walking sooner than Rory did, but hopefully we still have many months of not being mobile!

Yes, I tend to spend a lot of time kissing her cheeks. I don't think she and Rory look very much alike anymore, but they do both have the big cheeks.

I hope work is going well! I went back after 5 months home, and, well, this is my first time back on the DIS since. Darn craziness! I hope you had a Merry Christmas and I can't wait to hear the end of your report!

Just read your report and am enjoying it. Congrats on your little girl. She's so sweet. It seems like Rory was really easy on the trip and slept when you needed him to etc. That's so great. I hope you have time eventually to get back to this. I'm sure that's rough to find with a little one and especially the holidays. Happy New Year!

I hope work is going well! I went back after 5 months home, and, well, this is my first time back on the DIS since. Darn craziness! I hope you had a Merry Christmas and I can't wait to hear the end of your report!

Sorry for the late response! I hope you had a Merry Christmas, as well. Yes, work is going well. It's crazy busy since I'm only there 3 1/2 days per week now, but I'm enjoying having more time at home with the kids.

Just read your report and am enjoying it. Congrats on your little girl. She's so sweet. It seems like Rory was really easy on the trip and slept when you needed him to etc. That's so great. I hope you have time eventually to get back to this. I'm sure that's rough to find with a little one and especially the holidays. Happy New Year!

Hi, thanks for reading! Yes, Rory was a joy to travel with. This was our favorite vacation with him. I'm trying to finish the report up now. Both kids are napping at the moment, so if I work quickly I'll update today; otherwise tomorrow!

Hello there! It has been a while since I've had a chance to update here. The kids are both doing well, work is going well, I'm just always so busy! If I had been following your trip report and am WAY behind, my apologies. I will catch up one of these days.

Anyway, here is the final day from our April trip:

Day 5 - Downtown Disney

Our last day had arrived, and we were apparently all pretty tired since none of us got up until 7am. This was fine, as we weren’t headed to a park this day. Our plan was to go to Downtown Disney, and if we wanted to use the pool when we got back, that we’d make that decision then.

We spent the morning packing up and left our room around 9:45. We had received our boarding passes under our door, so we were all checked in for our flight. We weren’t checking our bags, so we just brought them to Bell Services and were on our way to the bus stop.

Guess what? Rory fell asleep on the bus to Downtown Disney. This was becoming a habit that he’d sleep on the buses! We got to DTD around 10:15 and Michael and I started going in some shops. We thought that maybe we’d walk over to Saratoga Springs and check it out since we own DVC points there but haven’t actually ever been! We realized that the walkway to SSR was at the complete opposite end of DTD from where we were, so we started walking that way.

px7a2MJ.jpg

4DdOAgA.jpg

We stopped in a few stores on our way there, and I bought a pair of shoes at the Sanuk store. They were so comfortable that I started wearing them right then!

Rory woke up before we made it all the way to the other end of DTD and we decided it was lunchtime. Well, we wanted to eat at Earl of Sandwich, so we started walking all the way back to the other end. We stopped for a smoothie for Rory. He usually has one every morning, and was so good about not even asking for one during the trip. He really enjoyed it!

PEEyG9T.jpg

We made it to Earl of Sandwich, and the line was really long, but moved quickly. I couldn’t decide what I wanted and ended up with the Berry Chicken Almond salad. It was really good! I also stole some of the bread off Rory’s sandwich, and that was really good, too!

SF5Y3ww.jpg

While at lunch, Rory could see either the little carousel or the train, and I promised him a ride on one of them. First, a picture with Buzz!

sCdU6EQ.jpg

We ended up going over to the train so he could have a ride. For $2 per person, I told him he was riding by himself. He said okay, so we put him in the engine car. There was one other little boy, younger than Rory, with his mother in one of the open cars. When the train took off, we didn’t know how he would do being all by himself, but he was fine. It was so funny because he was completely expressionless the whole time. Michael and I, and even the guy working the ride, were all laughing so hard at him just sitting there.

tNpQGQb.jpg

I had thought we’d have more than enough time at DTD and was surprised to find that time was running out and I still had a few things I wanted to do before heading back to the Boardwalk. Rory and I headed to Babycakes while Michael bought a new Mickey T-shirt. I really wanted the experience of walking into a bakery with Rory and letting him pick out whatever he wanted, since normally he can’t have anything in a bakery. Babycakes is dairy-free, and although they can’t claim to be nut-free, it is because they use coconut oil, which Rory is fine with, and some of their gluten-free flours are made in a facility with nuts. We ended up getting something called the Bakery Sink, which is a big cup full of their donuts, cake, frosting, caramel, etc. Rory wanted to dig into it right away, but we saved it until we got back to BWV.

BcE6Ea9.jpg

We had one last thing to do before heading to the bus stop, and that was to pick out our ornament. We get an ornament as our souvenir whenever we go on vacation. We had looked at some right after we arrived, but Rory was asleep and we saw a whole wall of ornaments with his favorite characters, so we wanted him to pick the one he wanted. He was really excited when he saw all the characters from Cars, Monsters Inc, Nemo, and Toy Story. He ended up choosing a Mater ornament and didn’t want to let go of it!

SeW17gC.jpg

m4rtnAQ.jpg

mDloVvM.jpg

We walked to the bus stop and got on a bus right away, around 2:15. Our ME bus was coming at 3:45, so we had about an hour to relax at the Boardwalk.

zxbj95Z.jpg

97AAH1w.jpg

We sat on the balcony that overlooks the boardwalk, and dug into the Bakery Sink. It was soooo sweet. A little definitely goes a long way with that. Michael, Rory and I were all sharing and didn’t even eat a third of it, so we saved it to bring to the airport with us.

Rory made the most of his last hour at Disney. He saw a little boy around his age that was playing with a ball, and went up to him and started playing with him. It was really cute watching them play together. He also made sure to say hi to everyone walking by, and enjoyed sitting in the child-sized chair that was on the balcony. It was an enjoyable end to a great trip.

Thanks to all of you who have followed along with this report. I hope you enjoyed it! This weekend we are heading to Disney's Vero Beach Resort for a few days. I'm not going to kid myself by thinking I can write a full trip report, but would like to write up a mini-report. I haven't found much information on the resort, especially staying there with little ones, so I hope to be able to provide some for others in that situation.

Sounds like the perfect end to a great vacation! I can't wait to read about your Vero Beach vacation. When will you go back to the World?

Sounds like the perfect end to a great vacation! I can't wait to read about your Vero Beach vacation. When will you go back to the World?

Thank you! We'll go back to WDW for a couple of days in May. We're staying at the Polynesian (DVC studio) for 2 nights, then a 7-night cruise, and then 1 night at BCV. We plan to do MK the day before the cruise and then Epcot post-cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter