Our last trip to Disney (as a family of 3)! *new 2/3/16 link to new TR*

Joining in. Loving your trip report. Cute/fun character interactions with Rory. Congrats on the new baby (soon).

It feels like there are a lot of great interactions with Chip & Dale - which is kinda funny as not sure how much the kids really see Chip & Dale outside of the parks. They show up occasionally on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse but Rescue Rangers and stuff is no longer on.

Glad you had a good meal at Flying Fish - I have heard that of the signatures that is a good one to go to with kids as it can get loud in there anyway. That's a cute story of the other table striking up a conversation with your table and that it added to the meal

Love your trip report thus far. Congrats on your little girl who will be joining your family soon. We are headed to WDW for our first trip this November! Too bad about the almond milk. My sister's husband has Crohn's and finds milk a trigger. He uses the shelf stable almond milk when he travels for work. https://silk.com/products/original-almondmilk-shelf-stable
It doesn't need to be in the fridge until it's been opened.

Thank you! Wow, first trip? That is exciting - I hope you love it! I will look into that almond milk - thanks!

Loving your trip report. Looking forward to more. Rory is adorable.

Aw, thank you! Hopefully I'll have an update soon. I'm running out of time, I think!

Wow, that is quite the wait! :faint: Glad it worked out okay, though.

It was so frustrating seeing the buses for every other park come multiple times!

Impressive on the transfers! I remember doing EE in the rain on our first trip and it wasn't too enjoyable. I mean, a short line is nice, but it's so hard to look around when the rain is pelting your face. Glad Michael enjoyed it, though.

It's funny, he never even mentioned getting wet on the ride. Although, I guess he was wearing his poncho so it didn't affect him much.

That's so cute! :lovestruc

:)

I have said the same thing many times. I commute by bus (that's in rush hour stop-and-go interstate traffic) and it's often "wilder" than the safari and no doctor has ever expressed a concern about that. :confused3

I had told my doctor that the potholes around here are worse than that ride but he still advised against it - pretty sure he was just covering himself in case anything did happen. I never told him that I ended up going on it!

Cute pictures! Love Rory's character meets, both with Chip & Dale and Mickey & Minnie! AK has really great character meets, it seems.

Thanks! Yes, there were so many good meets there, and a few that we didn't even get to do. We really wanted to do the Up! one but Rory was passed out by the time we would have been able to do it. Next time!

I had no idea Tarzan was there. Huh, learned something new.

They made it seem like it was a surprise meet, but the girl in front of us definitely knew he was going to be there. She was dressed as Jane, and it was really awkward watching her meet Tarzan. Even Tarzan was kind of weirded out by it, I think.

Also, I cannot believe you're getting so close to meeting your little girl! :hyper:

SOOOO close! At my appointment yesterday my doctor was really happy with how things are progressing and told me he thinks next week is the "big week"!

Great report! Looks like Rory was a very happy meeting all of the characters !

Thank you! Yes, he was loving all the character meets. It was a nice change from September when he wasn't sure what to think.

Joining in. Loving your trip report. Cute/fun character interactions with Rory. Congrats on the new baby (soon).

Welcome, and thank you!

It feels like there are a lot of great interactions with Chip & Dale - which is kinda funny as not sure how much the kids really see Chip & Dale outside of the parks. They show up occasionally on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse but Rescue Rangers and stuff is no longer on.

I know, I was worried that Rory wouldn't know who they were. On the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse they are so tiny compared to the rest of the characters so I didn't know if he'd recognize them. He either knew it was them, or didn't care!

Glad you had a good meal at Flying Fish - I have heard that of the signatures that is a good one to go to with kids as it can get loud in there anyway. That's a cute story of the other table striking up a conversation with your table and that it added to the meal

It was such a great meal. The food was amazing. The couple really did add to the enjoyment of the meal, and it was nice knowing that Rory added to their meal, as well.

Great TR. We are having a girl too...seems like it's right about the same time as you. 7/31/15. In a family of all boys, it'll be an interesting change! Can't wait to read more!

Great TR. We are having a girl too...seems like it's right about the same time as you. 7/31/15. In a family of all boys, it'll be an interesting change! Can't wait to read more!

How exciting! Good luck with your new addition - I hope the boys are excited about their baby sister!

I'm 39 weeks, 2 days today, which is the point when I had Rory. I am going to try and post as much as a I can before our little girl arrives!

Day 4 - Magic Kingdom

The next day I was up at 6:45 and Rory slept until around 7. We got ready and left the room at 8:20 and got on a bus to the Magic Kingdom right away! We were at MK at 8:40 and the opening show just starting. I was glad that we were early, since the park opened 20 minutes before 9am! We headed to Peter Pan first, then Winnie the Pooh, and the Little Mermaid.

303juv4.jpg

2zsw4f8.jpg

2h5lbuv.jpg

28847ma.jpg

We then went to Dumbo, and we were the only ones on the ride. Rory LOVED it, so we asked if we could ride again, and we were able to! Rory would put his arms up and say “wheeeeeee”, it was so cute. We took video of that, and now he loves to watch his videos. I would post the video, but can't figure out how!

2q9bfrb.jpg

25u06ls.jpg

I had made FP+ for the Tomorrowland Speedway. I couldn’t ride, but Michael and Rory did, and Michael said he absolutely loved it. He couldn’t see over the wheel, but he didn’t care.

2m4sy8i.jpg

23kspwh.jpg

After that we had a Buzz Lightyear FP+, so we headed there. It was then time to change Rory’s diaper and put him down for a stroller nap. Space Mountain didn’t have much of a wait, so Michael rode that while I walked Rory around ensuring that he’d nap. It was 10:30 and we had gotten a lot done so far!

After Michael rode Space Mtn, I decided I was going for another spin on Buzz, since Rory was sleeping and there was a 5 minute wait.

With Rory asleep in the stroller, we took a rare photo of just Michael and I.

ruuszt.jpg

We had FP+ for Pirates, but it looked like we were going to miss it due to naptime. I rode by myself, and when I got off the ride, Rory had just woken up. We found a FP kiosk and changed my Tomorrowland Speedway FP and Michael’s Pirates FP to a meet with Mickey Mouse for after lunch.

We had a 11:55 reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern, which was a new restaurant for us. We had a really great meal. I had the Colony Salad with salmon, Michael had a burger, and Rory had the kids turkey meal. For dessert, Rory had raspberry sorbet with fresh fruit, and Michael and I split the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake. It was delicious. I normally eat very healthy, and was feeling a little guilty about all the desserts and treats I had been eating, but this was so worth it!

102qglz.jpg

We walked to the front of the park so Rory could meet Mickey again, and this was such a cute meet. Rory pointed out a train that was in the room, and Mickey grabbed his hand and they were walking around like a train. I wish that I had caught it on video, as it was really precious.

jfw3eu.jpg

i3ew50.jpg

24fk20h.jpg

We left and went in search for another FP kiosk and got a FP for the Magic Carpets. We had very good luck getting additional FPs all day at the MK, but we didn’t really need them since the lines were short anyway.

28lcu4m.jpg

Rory loved his ride on the flying carpets, and then it was time to stake out a spot for the parade. We were excited to see the Festival of Fantasy Parade for the first time. We got a really good spot in Frontierland, right at the beginning of the parade route. It was 2:45, so we only had 15 minutes to wait, but the sun was beating down on us and it was HOT! There was a girl next to Rory and she was spraying him with one of those fan misters. He kept saying, “more, more”, so I guess he liked it. I found it odd that she didn’t ask me if it was okay before she started spraying him, but since it was helping him stay cool, I was fine with it. Finally the parade started!

ae4nkg.jpg

wrmgea.jpg

1zp1uzb.jpg

u3ptu.jpg

We really enjoyed the parade and were glad that we got to see it!

Day 4 continued

After the parade, it was time for a Dole Whip. I was really disappointed when Michael came back and had just gotten the Dole whip and not the Dole Whip float. He said he couldn’t remember which one we get. He said that he should go back and get a float, too, but we had already had that sundae at LTT and I said no. Rory can eat this because it’s actually dairy-free, and I think this was one of his favorite things he’s ever eaten!

We headed to Tomorrowland for another ride on Buzz (with FP+), and then rode the People Mover. I thought Rory might think it was boring, but he liked it so much that we rode twice!

hta70n.jpg

np4783.jpg

1zee77t.jpg

His hair was getting so curly with the humidity!

From there we went on the teacups. He had a bad experience on the teacups last September, so I made sure that Michael was going to go easy on the spinning, but Rory was actually the one grabbing the wheel and trying to make the teacup spin fast.

We then went on the Carousel and then It’s a Small World. He really enjoyed this ride this time.

We decided to take him to the Country Bear Jamboree. This is a really weird show. I hadn’t been to it in quite a while, and the words to the songs are just…odd. It was humorous, though. During the show my mind started wandering, and I was realizing that I was tired and we had had a great and full day. It was 5:30 at this point and I was wondering if I might be able to get a dinner reservation at a monorail resort or at Trattoria al Forno on the boardwalk. I had left this nights dinner open, as I wasn’t sure how long we’d last at the MK.

I checked on the MDE app and there was nothing available for Kona, and the Wave was too late, but there was a 6:40 for Trattoria al Forno. I figured if we left then it would be perfect timing, and then we’d be able to walk “home” right after dinner. Also, I originally had a reservation here for the night before but changed it to Flying Fish. So I was happy that we’d still get to try this restaurant out!

Once again, Rory fell asleep in his stroller on the way out of the park, but managed to stay asleep when we got him on the bus. He woke up when we got back to the resort, which was a good thing since we were headed to dinner anyway.

24ln0xz.jpg

We waited a few minutes for our table, and then were seated. So, I think I know why there are so many mixed reviews about this place. Our food was really good – Michael and I split the truffle pizza and the calamari appetizer, but our service was by far the worst we had the entire trip. The rest of our servers were really great, so maybe that’s why this guy’s mediocre job seemed even worse to us, but we really weren’t impressed. It was still a pretty good dinner, and was very nice to spend a few minutes on the boardwalk afterwards and then head up to our room.

35k6h75.jpg

2u4psae.jpg

a3c9i1.jpg

r7jfa8.jpg

50o65f.jpg

Up next: Last day - Downtown Disney!

Late to the party but following!!! I read your cruise TR back when I was still pregnant with our now 6 month old son.

Although we are a seasoned Disney family (our girls will go on their 8th trip next year), experiencing Disney with our son is a whole new adventure. We took him in April when he was 3 months old but for our next trip, he will be 15 months and I'm sure it will be a lot more interactive! Plus, we have a cruise during that trip too!!!

I have been completely obsessed with reading TR's involving little guys to see their reactions to things. We are so excited to be raising our son in Disney just like our girls!!! :)

What a fun day! Rory looks like he is having sooo much fun!

Can't believe your daughter arrival is so close!

Jill in CO

Wow, you guys got so much done! I love the pic of Rory driving the car! He looks so happy on the people mover too!

Glad you got to try the new Boardwalk restaurant though sorry about your server. Given all the mixed reviews and gown many Italian options there are at Disney not sure how long it will last at this rate.

Best of luck with your upcoming arrival!!!!

You are getting sooo close!

You had such a great day at MK! I hope we are able to fit in as much when we head back in March!

I'm 39 weeks, 2 days today, which is the point when I had Rory. I am going to try and post as much as a I can before our little girl arrives!
Wow, so close! You are ambitious to crank out all the updates now! :thumbsup2

Cute picture!

We headed to Tomorrowland for another ride on Buzz (with FP+), and then rode the People Mover. I thought Rory might think it was boring, but he liked it so much that we rode twice!
Smart kid!

Beautiful! :lovestruc

Sounds like a really nice MK day. Glad Rory had so much fun and you each got to ride some things while he napped.

Sorry that your service at dinner wasn't so good. Nice to hear a review of Trattoria, though. At least it was convenient, I guess.

At that point in my pregnancy (39 +2) I had another week and three days before Arthur was born :scared1: hoping that's not the case for you!

Late to the party but following!!! I read your cruise TR back when I was still pregnant with our now 6 month old son.

Welcome! I hope my cruise TR was helpful for you!

Although we are a seasoned Disney family (our girls will go on their 8th trip next year), experiencing Disney with our son is a whole new adventure. We took him in April when he was 3 months old but for our next trip, he will be 15 months and I'm sure it will be a lot more interactive! Plus, we have a cruise during that trip too!!!

Wow, 3 months old! Was it difficult at that age? 15 months should be a great age to go. Rory was 16 months on our cruise and had so much fun! Which cruise are you going on?

I have been completely obsessed with reading TR's involving little guys to see their reactions to things. We are so excited to be raising our son in Disney just like our girls!!! :)

I know, now that I have a LO (almost 2 LOs) I love reading other TRs involving babies/kids.

What a fun day! Rory looks like he is having sooo much fun!

Can't believe your daughter arrival is so close!

Jill in CO

We really did have a great day! Rory had so much fun and is always asking to watch the videos we took of him that day.

Wow, you guys got so much done! I love the pic of Rory driving the car! He looks so happy on the people mover too!

We really did get a lot done. Being there for Rope Drop really helped us to get ahead of the schedule I had created for the day. I couldn't believe how much fun he was having on the People Mover. I took sooo many pictures of him on that ride because he was just smiling and laughing so much.

Glad you got to try the new Boardwalk restaurant though sorry about your server. Given all the mixed reviews and gown many Italian options there are at Disney not sure how long it will last at this rate.

It was convenient to eat there, but the service was just lacking compared to what we are used to. The food was good, though. I wonder why that spot seems to struggle with keeping the same restaurant there long-term.

Best of luck with your upcoming arrival!!!!

Thank you!!

You are getting sooo close!

So close! I don't do well with waiting, so I'm going a little crazy here!

You had such a great day at MK! I hope we are able to fit in as much when we head back in March!

It truly was a great day. We were really lucky with being able to make additional FP+s throughout the day, as well. I hope you have luck with that, as well!

Wow, so close! You are ambitious to crank out all the updates now! :thumbsup2

I remember when I was on leave with Rory it was so hard to get anything done, so I figure it's probably now or never!

Cute picture!

Thank you. It's funny how many we have of us pre-Rory, and since having him we have hardly any pictures of the two of us.

Smart kid!

It is a great ride, I was just surprised at how much he loved it! It was nice to rest for a while, too.

Beautiful! :lovestruc

I LOVE pictures of/from the Boardwalk at night. And in the morning. And afternoon. :)

Sounds like a really nice MK day. Glad Rory had so much fun and you each got to ride some things while he napped.

It was a great day. I was once again so happy that we brought that stroller and that he actually napped this time!

Sorry that your service at dinner wasn't so good. Nice to hear a review of Trattoria, though. At least it was convenient, I guess.

It was convenient and the food was good, so I was still pretty happy with our choice. Walking right back to the room was a nice way to end a busy day.

At that point in my pregnancy (39 +2) I had another week and three days before Arthur was born :scared1: hoping that's not the case for you!

Ohhhhhhhhh, I hope that isn't the case for me, as well! I am ready to meet this little girl!

Welcome! I hope my cruise TR was helpful for you!

Wow, 3 months old! Was it difficult at that age? 15 months should be a great age to go. Rory was 16 months on our cruise and had so much fun! Which cruise are you going on?

I know, now that I have a LO (almost 2 LOs) I love reading other TRs involving babies/kids.

The cruise TR was very helpful! I will probably go back and read it again. We are doing a 4 night Dream cruise in April. We will have 2 nights at Disney before and after the cruise as well.

It really wasn't bad bringing him at 3 months, he was a piece of cake honestly. There were challenges in that I was still breastfeeding, and he was still not sleeping through the night, but overall, it went very smoothly. :)

Checking in, finally getting back into trip reports and on the boards more. Read the the first part of your trip and loved it, this year will be our first trip with an under three toddler.

Love seeing the interaction between Rory and the characters. The look on his face as he is running towards them brings a smile too my face. Since tomorrow is your due date I hope your princess decides too meet her parents and brother sooner rather then later.

The cruise TR was very helpful! I will probably go back and read it again. We are doing a 4 night Dream cruise in April. We will have 2 nights at Disney before and after the cruise as well.

Oh good, I'm so glad it was helpful! Our first cruise was a 4 night Dream cruise and we were hooked on cruising from that point on!

It really wasn't bad bringing him at 3 months, he was a piece of cake honestly. There were challenges in that I was still breastfeeding, and he was still not sleeping through the night, but overall, it went very smoothly. :)

I've been toying with the idea of a quick trip in early December when the baby would be about 4 months, but I don't think it's going to happen. She'll have to wait until she's 9 months old, I think!

Checking in, finally getting back into trip reports and on the boards more. Read the the first part of your trip and loved it, this year will be our first trip with an under three toddler.

Thanks for reading! Good luck with your trip. Although certainly more challenging than when we went on our adults only trips, traveling with a toddler has been so much fun!

Love seeing the interaction between Rory and the characters. The look on his face as he is running towards them brings a smile too my face. Since tomorrow is your due date I hope your princess decides too meet her parents and brother sooner rather then later.

We loved seeing how happy he was with the characters, too, and it's so much fun to look back at the photos of his interactions!

Baby girl is still hanging out inside despite all the walks Rory and I have been taking! We are all ready to meet her!

Oh my, how are you feeling?!?!?! She is almost here?! I had Aria at 39 weeks, and am hoping this baby comes then or even slightly earlier (39 weeks will be Thanksgiving day).

ANyway back to the TR, your MK day was very productive. The photo of Rory on the TTA was so adorable!

Glad you got to see the FoF parade and your wait wasn't terribly long in that heat.

We actually had a wonderful meal at Trattoria al Forno in May, despite the bad reviews, food was good and service was great. I'm disappointed I can't seem to fit it into our next trip!

I'm back and slowly catching up. I'm anxiously awaiting arrival of the new Princess and can't wait to hear.

Love all the pictures with Chip and Dale and Rafiki (I've never seen Tarzan out).

Rory is looking very cool in Dumbo.

Such fun times at the MK and on the rides.

I'm sorry Tratorria was a disappointment for you. We had great service and great food in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter