***Official November 2016 Thread***

For shorts and a maleficent bow

Once I discovered the insanely cute bows at Hot Topic, my bank account shrunk :p

O.M.G. I did not know these bows existed. YDD is too big now for all the frou frou custom outfits I used to get her, but these bows will be awesome. And if you tell me that they have shirts/dresses there that match the bows, I will lose my mind! :worship:

Hello, joining this thread although I booked a while ago. Normally I start obsessing over my plans a year in advance but I have a lot of other stuff going on at the moment, so haven't had time to really join in. This trip will be me and DS13, DD9, my father, and possibly my stepmother. We are staying at POP for the first time (super excited about this) (I won't go back to a resort for a 2nd time until I stay at them all. :D ). Kids don't know about trip yet, I never tell them too far in advance. I usually tell them a month or two ahead of time. Our last trip was April 2015 (although we did DCL and US this past Feb.), and so far every trip has been left for them by santa, easter bunny, elf, leprechaun, etc. I'm at a loss on this one. We are doing the MVMCP :santa: for the first time (never been in the fall before) so I may just do up an Invite to the Xmas party and have it come to them by mail from Mickey & Minnie.

I've had a super hard time planning because of the lack of concrete hours for NOvember, esp. the AK evenings and the EMM days at MK. I would be interested in doing the EMM but depends on the days. I will be so annoyed if they don't release those days until after our FPs are already made!!! :mad: This is a shorter than usual trip as we can't miss too much school any more with the kids getting older, so we're going the 7-12th and they'll only miss 2 days of school.

Preliminary Plans:
11/7 - arrive about 7:30 p.m.
11/8 - MK - late lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern (party night)
11/9 - HS - dinner at H&V
11/10 - MK - dinner at Skipper Canteen, MVMCP
11/11 - AK - dinner at Tusker House
11/12 - EP - lunch at Tutto Italia (flight home at 8:30 p.m.)

That's about it. It's tough to do a shorter trip b/c so hard to fit everything in. Kids also like to swim (assuming warm enough) so have to build in a few hours of pool time here and there. I'm super excited, I was looking through a Resort Catalog with the kids and nonchalantly said "hey, lets pick where we should stay if we ever go back" and they both actually picked POP. :dogdance:

Just an FYI, they seemed to have opened up the 6:15pm seating for Hoopdedoo revue for November finally. Now if they could just figure out if they are doing a night show at AK....

Our Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend plans (Nov. 4th thru Nov. 7th)

Friday, 4 November 2016:
Arrive at MCO: 0930 AM.
Arrive at POR: 1030 AM. (Tentatively)
Hit up the Run Disney Expo.
Lunch at Disney Springs.
FP's at MK until dinner.
Dinner at California Grill
Back to MK to close out the evening/night.

Saturday, 5 November 2016:
DW runs the 10K part of Lumiere's Challenge
Lunch somewhere in Epcot
Spend until 1700 at Epcot.
Hop monorail to MK for dinner at LTT at 1845
EMH at MK so we'll be hanging out there the rest of the night.

Sunday, 6 November 2016:
Run the Wine & Dine Half Marathon (both of us)
Lunch at the Biergarten at 1345
Go back to the resort for a nap and/or R&R
Back to Epcot for the After Race Party until 0100 am.

Monday, 7 November 2016:
Check out of POR
Lunch at Disney Springs
Magical Express pick up is at 1300
Return home to "normal" life until our Jan 2017 trip Dopey trip. I will be there for moral support rather than to run over 48 miles (yes, they are crazy).

It will be our 4th time going the same week in November (Nov. 4 to Nov. 10 this year). We went in 2011, 2013, 2015. I'm excited the go on the new Frozen ride and to meet some Star Wars characters we have never met. We are staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for the first time.

We wanted the kids to participate in the Wine & Dine kid races but I guess we should have booked those even before the 180 day mark !

Now if they could just figure out if they are doing a night show at AK....

Seriously! I know they have been testing RoL again and they can't really say when it will be up and running again cause they don't know. But would really love to know if it would be a hard no for November or not. Just gonna leave one night open for it and if it doesn't happen that means some unplanned random fun elsewhere.

Got back today from a 4 night adults only trip :goodvibes Stayed at the WL for the first time and loved it! Got to do FEA with a 23 minute wait even though we weren't planning on it and didn't really care whether we did it now or November; didn't get to see Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire which was on my list so that's a MUST for Nov! Caught Jack Sparrow training in HS at the IG which was awesome. Heard about RnRC refurb and very glad it's scheduled to be open again for our trip. The best part of having another trip scheduled is that leaving your resort the last day on the Magical Express isn't quite as tragical :) Now the countdown to our family trip is on - 81 days!!

Welcome back :goodvibes

Glad you had fun and enjoyed WL. How did you like FEA?
It was cute...... I'm sure Frozen fans young and old love it! I think they could have done........more. I feel like there's lots of unused space on the left side through most of the ride. But the animatronics of Olaf and Sven are adorable and also the queue is very nicely done. The posted wait was 45 minutes. We weren't in a rush for anything so we said eh, may as well try it! Ended up waiting 23 minutes which was great and that was around 11:30 on a Sunday. I wouldn't want to wait much longer though but I'm not a huge Frozen fan and don't have any girls lol. FP is probably the best way to go unless you're there at opening, late at night or not rushed. About 2 hours later the posted time was 75 but I'm guessing it was probably a bit less.........

It was cute...... I'm sure Frozen fans young and old love it! I think they could have done........more. I feel like there's lots of unused space on the left side through most of the ride. But the animatronics of Olaf and Sven are adorable and also the queue is very nicely done. The posted wait was 45 minutes. We weren't in a rush for anything so we said eh, may as well try it! Ended up waiting 23 minutes which was great and that was around 11:30 on a Sunday. I wouldn't want to wait much longer though but I'm not a huge Frozen fan and don't have any girls lol. FP is probably the best way to go unless you're there at opening, late at night or not rushed. About 2 hours later the posted time was 75 but I'm guessing it was probably a bit less.........

:thanks: DD and I are looking forward to it that was our incentive to schedule a PPO breakfast at Akershus ;) Hopefully we can score a FP as well.

We have to wait until October since we are Annual Pass holders doing a room only. :surfweb:
Are you sure? Last November we were booked on rented points, tix through UT and AP holders. Booked our FP's at 60 days and the same in January. I'm pretty sure once you have a stay booked on property you're good to make FP's at 60 days :thumbsup2 However if you ask my kids they'll tell you I'm definitely wrong sometimes, but do check that out!

I am bursting at the seams with excitement! DH and I went to dinner with my college roomie and her hubby last week, and they mentioned their upcoming trip to WDW in November for one of Disney's races and for Food & Wine. My old college roomie is just as much of a Disney lover as I am, and during the conversation at dinner, they joking invited us to come along with them!

My hubby and I sort of looked at each other, chuckled and said, why not?! We called our TA the next day, and booked a grown ups only get away at the GF November 3-6! I need to pinch myself! I can't believe we are going to the world in just a couple of months!

We have never gone without the kids, and the GF has always been a dream of ours. It's crazy...our FP+ window is quickly approaching...I've gotta start seriously planning!! I also have to figure out how to tell our kids we are going without them...yikes! I don't feel too horribly bad, as we have a family trip planned for June of 2017. Wish me luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter