***Official November 2016 Thread***

I am bursting at the seams with excitement! DH and I went to dinner with my college roomie and her hubby last week, and they mentioned their upcoming trip to WDW in November for one of Disney's races and for Food & Wine. My old college roomie is just as much of a Disney lover as I am, and during the conversation at dinner, they joking invited us to come along with them!

My hubby and I sort of looked at each other, chuckled and said, why not?! We called our TA the next day, and booked a grown ups only get away at the GF November 3-6! I need to pinch myself! I can't believe we are going to the world in just a couple of months!

We have never gone without the kids, and the GF has always been a dream of ours. It's crazy...our FP+ window is quickly approaching...I've gotta start seriously planning!! I also have to figure out how to tell our kids we are going without them...yikes! I don't feel too horribly bad, as we have a family trip planned for June of 2017. Wish me luck!!
How awesome! DH and I just got back yesterday from our 3rd WDW kid-free trip. We simply tell the boys we're going and ask what souvenirs they want us to bring them back lol. But yes it helps when there's also a family trip planned. Have a wonderful time and get working on those FP's!

We have to wait until October since we are Annual Pass holders doing a room only. :surfweb:

If you have an on site hotel reservation you can book your fastpasses at 60 days out. The privilege of 60 days out is for those staying T an onsite Disney resort nd doesn't have anything to do with tickets. (AP holder here!)

If you have an on site hotel reservation you can book your fastpasses at 60 days out. The privilege of 60 days out is for those staying T an onsite Disney resort nd doesn't have anything to do with tickets. (AP holder here!)

Unfortunately we are staying off property this time so we have to wait to make our FPs.

I am bursting at the seams with excitement! DH and I went to dinner with my college roomie and her hubby last week, and they mentioned their upcoming trip to WDW in November for one of Disney's races and for Food & Wine. My old college roomie is just as much of a Disney lover as I am, and during the conversation at dinner, they joking invited us to come along with them!

My hubby and I sort of looked at each other, chuckled and said, why not?! We called our TA the next day, and booked a grown ups only get away at the GF November 3-6! I need to pinch myself! I can't believe we are going to the world in just a couple of months!

We have never gone without the kids, and the GF has always been a dream of ours. It's crazy...our FP+ window is quickly approaching...I've gotta start seriously planning!! I also have to figure out how to tell our kids we are going without them...yikes! I don't feel too horribly bad, as we have a family trip planned for June of 2017. Wish me luck!!
Sounds fab!

We are staying at GF for 10 nights in November, it's always been a dream of mine too! I cannot wait :goodvibes

My FP+ window opens tomorrow, thought you'd all want to know :dancer:

Although the lack of updated hours is going to make it slightly more challenging.

Think I'll just take the plunge and hope for the best :rotfl:
Yay...let the countdown commence!

Would you be able to let us know how you get on please :)

...The best part of having another trip scheduled is that leaving your resort the last day on the Magical Express isn't quite as tragical :) Now the countdown to our family trip is on - 81 days!!

Agreed! Our trip is Nov 10-14, but we will likely be back in early March for a couple of days before getting on a cruise ship (not a Disney one, tho), and I can already tell that I won't be as sad leaving on the 14th knowing when the next visit (even tho it is super short) will be!

FastPasses are all done. Didn't have any issues except I wasn't able to get Rock n Roller Coaster? It's not on the refurbishment list so I missed why it would be unavailable the whole week we're there? Got Mine Train twice, once at night and then once during the day, FEA and Soarin'. And TSMM. All in all, pretty successful FastPasses, even if I wasn't sure on some of the times since some of our plans are still up in the air, like dinner on our arrival night. But hopefully it will all work out!

FastPasses are all done. Didn't have any issues except I wasn't able to get Rock n Roller Coaster? It's not on the refurbishment list so I missed why it would be unavailable the whole week we're there? Got Mine Train twice, once at night and then once during the day, FEA and Soarin'. And TSMM. All in all, pretty successful FastPasses, even if I wasn't sure on some of the times since some of our plans are still up in the air, like dinner on our arrival night. But hopefully it will all work out!

Sounds great :thumbsup2

OMG I think we've got the same FP+ as I've got two SDMT one in the evening and one in the day and of course FEA, Sorin and TSMM - Although I did get a RnR got it for the Monday 14th Nov, as I assumed over the weekend when it re-opens HS would be a bit busy.

I've even for my DH booked a FP+ day of meeting Princesses with a FP+ for Cinderella, Rapunzel and Tinkerbell :tinker: lol.

Although I do have a couple of thoughts and opinions on the process:

Firstly - do not co-inside your FP+ booking day with Potty Training - I totally missed the 12pm (UK) opening time and realised about half an hour in - Nightmare.

Secondly - is it me or is the teir system a bit of a nightmare, don't really like the one in Epcot but the one for HS is a bit mad right. Okay I understand RnR and TSMM but why oh why is the GMR in the first teir? with so little on offer seems silly to me.

Thirdly - why oh why, epecially seeing all the main Disney tickets you can get in the UK all come with Park Hoppers attached, can you not book FP across parks :confused3

I supose the only advantage, this time, is because of the hours not being updated, I kept a couple of afternoons free just incase the days I have booked for AK and HS don't co-inside with their nighttime hours. (But don't get me started on that whole mess or I'll rant for hours lol) :hyper2::hyper2:

Hello!

We will be going from 30th October - 8th November. Anyone want to share memory maker, or does anyone have a memory maker we can join?

Thank you!

RnR is scheduled to be down from the last week of Oct til Nov 10.

Thanks! I totally missed the memo. Well, I can't say I missed it since it's not in the TA refurbishment schedule. But I'm super bummed both ot and Thinder Mountain are down. I can't say that enough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter