***Official November 2016 Thread***

Here are our Thanksgiving week plans! Subject to change, of course, depending on park hour & nighttime show times updates. We are a group of 11- 4 adults and 7 kids- with several first (and maybe only) timers! I'm doing all the planning (and paying, haha).

11/20- drive, check in to our offsite house, go to Disney Springs to walk around and dinner at Raglan Road (5:30)

11/21- Hollywood Studios- dinner at Trattoria al Forno (5:30)- back for Fantasmic!

11/22- Magic Kingdom, hopefully at rope drop, counter service meals, back to house after dinner

11/23- sleep in, breakfast at Kona (9:40), Magic Kingdom, stay through Wishes

11/24- Animal Kingdom, still trying to figure out dinner- maybe a packaged T'giving meal from a local restaurant

11/25- Epcot to hit all the main rides, counter service lunch, then head home

I may need to move ADRs around (if I can find any availability for a big group); if Fantasmic! is at 7 and 8:30, I'd like to do the earlier show because of young kids not used to staying up late, but then Trattoria needs to move to another night (I really don't want to give it up!). I'm also considering the newer DS restaurants instead of Raglan, but really want to stay at the lower price point.

Was so proud of myself that I hadn't played around and changed any of my ADR's. Then I get the news the AK isn't going to do past 6 or 7 pm. Totally messed up my arrival day. So cancelled tusker house and moved my Frontera reservation to that evening. Booked Coral Reef on Thursday but may change it to something else in Epcot. Any suggestion would be helpful. Can't do marocco because my firend is allergic to cumin, hate chefs de france and doing Via Napoli on Tuesday with the candlelight processional.

Nov 28-Dec 2

Day 1: Arrival

Disney Springs

Dinner 6:45: Frontera Cocina

Day 2: Epcot 9 am

Lunch 2:25 Via Napoli Candlelight processional 5:00pm

Dinner 8:35 Captain’s Grill @ The Yacht club

Transportation: Drive to Epcot. Leave car at Epcot boat to and from Yacht Club

Day 3: MK 8am

Lunch 11:30 Skipper’s Cantina

Monorail to Grand Floridian resort, Downtime with snack from Gingerbread house and drink at little quick service attached to GF.

Monorail back to MK boat dock boat to Wilderness lodge

Boat to Fort Wilderness

Dinner 7:30 Trails end

Boat back to MK for EMH

Day 4: Epcot EMH

Boat to HS

Boat back to Epcot

Dinner 7:50 Coral Ree

Day:5 Breakfast,park and Home

Breakfast 9:10 1900 Park Fare with Mary Poppins

MK or AK

home

Hello! I'm a lurker/n00b and now that it's getting closer, I figure I need to start posting because everything is getting real. It's going to be our first trip to Disney this fall (Nov 26-Dec 4). My dad passed away this year and my mom hasn't really been anywhere fun - my dad was a homebody and needed a lot of care. So, my husband, two kids (ages 9 and 5) and myself are going to bring her to the happiest place on earth! We think it will be a lovely memory for all of us. I learned so much from people while reading the ADR threads and the free dining threads. Now I'm trying to get my fast passes narrowed down for September, and I'm hoping to tweak some of my ADRs. This is what we've got so far...what do you think? Too much HS? We'll be taking pool breaks every day, btw:

Saturday, Nov. 26th: Arrive at WDW, probably around 3pm. Check-in/relax/ride the monorail.
Reservation: Dinner at Chef Mickey's 8:35pm (very late, but it's all I could get anywhere that night! And something earlier came up tonight but I missed it. Gaaaaaah!!!!!)

We did a very late dinner at Chef Mickey's one trip as we had a large group, and our friends ended up deciding to join last minute. We made sure there were naps as our kids were little then, but rest/pool time might do the trip as well. It was actually a very nice meal. Kids had fun together, characters were great and the food was better than I expected. It wasn't as crazy in there as it normally is either. That being said, keep checking. You never know what might pop up.

Sunday, Nov. 27th: Animal Kingdom morning; Epcot evening for Illuminations.
Reservations: Tusker house breakfast 10:10; Biergarten dinner 7:10 (only keeping one - probably Biergarten. Thoughts?)

I love Biergarten, but unless your kids are more adventurous eaters I'd probably stick with Tusker House. My oldest eats most anything, but my middle is super picky. He ate a cookie. They had zero "kid food" offerings so he ate nothing. But we still had to pay for him. At least he had fun dancing to the music.

Monday, Nov 28th: Hollywood Studios
Reservations: Sci-Fi Drive-in Diner 4:15pm (hoping for a Star Wars night)

Tuesday, Nov 29th: Magic Kingdom during the day. Drinking around the world with my husband that night!
Reservations: Crystal Palace 8:20am (Question - is this early enough to be useful?)

I think this is a matter of perspective. If you're looking to get pictures with the castle, yes. If you want to be out for rope drop you might find that your reservation will likely be about an hour and you might miss some of that first hour in the restaurant. I've done that time and it was fine for us since castle pictures are a priority, but we also try to make it to rope drop another day as well. IF it's our only MK day I am aim for as early as possible for breakfast.

Wednesday, Nov. 30th: Pool/Resort (i.e. hangover) day, and maybe Magic Kingdom just at night
Reservation: Ohana 6:30pm

Thursday, Dec. 1st: Magic Kingdom (late start)
Reservation: Be Our Guest (QS lunch) 12:20pm
*If Animal Kingdom ends up having later hours, we might hop over for dinner.

Friday, Dec. 2: Epcot
Reservation: Coral Reef 7:05pm

Saturday, Dec. 3: Hollywood Studios
Reservation: Beaches and Cream 7:10pm (a bit later than I'd like; might just go have dessert)

Sunday, Dec 4: Take the sad bus to the airport and go home.

I may need to move ADRs around (if I can find any availability for a big group); if Fantasmic! is at 7 and 8:30, I'd like to do the earlier show because of young kids not used to staying up late, but then Trattoria needs to move to another night (I really don't want to give it up!). I'm also considering the newer DS restaurants instead of Raglan, but really want to stay at the lower price point.

Trattoria and Raglan Road are two of my favorites! I am tempted by the new restaurants as well, but I'd have to give up Trattoria for our Nov trip and I don't want to do that!

Was so proud of myself that I hadn't played around and changed any of my ADR's. Then I get the news the AK isn't going to do past 6 or 7 pm. Totally messed up my arrival day. So cancelled tusker house and moved my Frontera reservation to that evening. Booked Coral Reef on Thursday but may change it to something else in Epcot. Any suggestion would be helpful. Can't do marocco because my firend is allergic to cumin, hate chefs de france and doing Via Napoli on Tuesday with the candlelight processional.

What time is your reservation? So far, it says the hours of the park close at 6pm on our day, but we have a 5:55pm ADR there. I thought that was a little odd, that they'd let us eat so late, so I wondered if they're still planning on extending the hours.

He has been waiting to do them since there is so little known about evening events, etc. If you use the search, there is a preliminary one out there.

Thanks for the heads up on searching. I hadn't thought of that. His points are interesting, however at this point two weeks out from the early travelers making FP+ reservations it seems like we're all going to have to accept the schedule. Although they did finally update park hours and have the MSEP listed as none instead of a time like they did previously.

What time is your reservation? So far, it says the hours of the park close at 6pm on our day, but we have a 5:55pm ADR there. I thought that was a little odd, that they'd let us eat so late, so I wondered if they're still planning on extending the hours.

I'm losing hope in evening hours at DAK the closer we get to making our FP+ reservations. We check in on the 2nd and make our reservations in about two weeks so time is slowly slipping away. For people who insist we plan so far in advance they better take that into consideration and give us the opportunity to properly plan.

I am getting increasingly annoyed at the lack of concrete information on what is going on in November. Is there going to be an EMM at Fantasyland? Are they going to open up HDDR reservations at 6:15pm? Will AK be open at night? I am a few weeks out from making fastpasses, and I am still up in the air to some extent about what parks I am visiting when.

I am getting increasingly annoyed at the lack of concrete information on what is going on in November. Is there going to be an EMM at Fantasyland? Are they going to open up HDDR reservations at 6:15pm? Will AK be open at night? I am a few weeks out from making fastpasses, and I am still up in the air to some extent about what parks I am visiting when.

Yep, I wish we could hear on EMM too. I have two different days booked for ADRs at MK, even though we'll just be there one full day (plus a party day). It's so I can easily pick a day that doesn't have EMM. I check their EMM page every few days to see if it's been updated, but they're only going through September right now.

Well Via Napoli and Restaurant Marrakesh are my faves so the only other suggestion I have is maybe Garden Grill? I know it's a character meal but since you gave up TH I assume you don't mind them :)

Thanks for the heads up on searching. I hadn't thought of that. His points are interesting, however at this point two weeks out from the early travelers making FP+ reservations it seems like we're all going to have to accept the schedule. Although they did finally update park hours and have the MSEP listed as none instead of a time like they did previously.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm wondering if maybe you didn't hear....MSEP is leaving as of 10/1, so it won't be around for our trips :( Hence it now showing as "none".

I'm losing hope in evening hours at DAK
I know I recently read that Sept. and Oct. hours for AK have been updated and I think it's 9 one month and 7:30 or 8 the other? Maybe 7 in Oct? I know whomever was giving the info. - and it may have been Josh at Easy - was saying it'll still give guests a little bit of time there once the sun goes down but not really enough to do all the nighttime stuff in the dark. So trying to get on EE and the safari after its dark and catch some Tree of Life awakenings will be tough. The only thought is that IF ROL does end up opening maybe the hours will get extended. So while I believe we in Nov. will have some hours at AK after the sun goes down, unless ROL begins I think it'll only extend to 7 or 8 based on Sept. and Oct.

I know that doesn't really help you lol.

We have the 4:00 ressie for HDDR. Are you saying they don't open up 6:15 until 4:00 is full? November has been very frustrating for me- an uber planner for 14 people!!!

We have the 4:00 ressie for HDDR. Are you saying they don't open up 6:15 until 4:00 is full? November has been very frustrating for me- an uber planner for 14 people!!!
HDDR was only permitting reservations for the 4:00 and 8:30 shows. The 6:15Pm show was never showing any availability, even at 6AM on 180 + 10 days out. This apparently has been an issue for October visitors too. If you call Disney the CMs have noted that it is not full or showing as canceled, it's just not allowing reservations to be made.

Also- what is EMM? I am sure it will be an obvious one, but I need help. LOL! THX!

EMM is early morning magic - a hard ticket event that happens on scheduled mornings at MK and DHS (currently) that includes access to specific rides and a breakfast buffet. I think it is scheduled through September right now!

EMM is early morning magic - a hard ticket event that happens on scheduled mornings at MK and DHS (currently) that includes access to specific rides and a breakfast buffet. I think it is scheduled through September right now!
Yes! Got it!! I knew it'd be an obvious!

It's fun to see everyone's plans! We'll be in WDW 11/15-11/22 staying at the Poly! Here are mine... Planned for 4 adults and 2 kids, but my parents are still a maybe. :/ So if they don't come it'll be me, my husband, and our girls- 13 and 9.

Tues 11/15

Arrive at MCO at 8PM. Staying at AOA Little Mermaid for 1 Night

Wed 11/16

QS AOA breakfast, RD at MK, Crystal Palace Lunch (may cancel), Skipper Canteen for dinner, Head back to Poly to check in, relax and watch Wishes from beach

Thurs 11/17

Epcot EMH 8AM RD, QS EP lunch, Hoop Dee Doo Dinner (have res for 4 and 8PM time slots, need to decide which if the 6:15 doesn't open)

Fri 11/18

HS, 50’s Prime Time lunch, back to Poly to relax/pool before heading to MVMCP that night, QS dinner at MK

Sat 11/19

AK Tusker House 8:25AM ,O'hana dinner 6:45PM, MK EMH 12AM

Sun 11/20

Chill Day- Whispering Canyons Breakfast WL 9:30AM, hotel hopping during the day, Disney Springs, Morimoto DS dinner 6:15PM

Mon 11/21

Epcot, 1:10 Beaches and Cream lunch, EP- Germany Biergarten Dinner 6:15PM (may change this), Illuminations

Tues 11/22

Be Our Guest MK Breakfast 8:05am, QS Lunch MK, Flight 7:30pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter