***Official November 2016 Thread***

Just finished making my FP reservations. Got everything I wanted including 7DMT and FEA! So excited!
I need to get down to business and figure out my FP's! I still have 15 days but with all my PTA stuff starting tomorrow FP day will be here before I know it. Glad you got everything you wanted :)

I need to get down to business and figure out my FP's! I still have 15 days but with all my PTA stuff starting tomorrow FP day will be here before I know it. Glad you got everything you wanted :)
Me too, my FP+ day is Monday and although I made a rough plan months ago, I definitely need to go over it again cause our plans and adr's have changed a few times. Bring on the weekend!

OMG I think we've got the same FP+ as I've got two SDMT one in the evening and one in the day and of course FEA, Sorin and TSMM - Although I did get a RnR got it for the Monday 14th Nov, as I assumed over the weekend when it re-opens HS would be a bit busy.

I've even for my DH booked a FP+ day of meeting Princesses with a FP+ for Cinderella, Rapunzel and Tinkerbell :tinker: lol.

Although I do have a couple of thoughts and opinions on the process:

Firstly - do not co-inside your FP+ booking day with Potty Training - I totally missed the 12pm (UK) opening time and realised about half an hour in - Nightmare.

Secondly - is it me or is the teir system a bit of a nightmare, don't really like the one in Epcot but the one for HS is a bit mad right. Okay I understand RnR and TSMM but why oh why is the GMR in the first teir? with so little on offer seems silly to me.

Thirdly - why oh why, epecially seeing all the main Disney tickets you can get in the UK all come with Park Hoppers attached, can you not book FP across parks :confused3

I supose the only advantage, this time, is because of the hours not being updated, I kept a couple of afternoons free just incase the days I have booked for AK and HS don't co-inside with their nighttime hours. (But don't get me started on that whole mess or I'll rant for hours lol) :hyper2::hyper2:
Sounds like you got some good FP's! BTMR is due to open on our afternoon/evening at MK so I'm hoping to get a FP for that in hope that it opens on time.

Also my toddler is already potty trained so that is one less thing for me to contend with :thumbsup2

Sounds like you got some good FP's! BTMR is due to open on our afternoon/evening at MK so I'm hoping to get a FP for that in hope that it opens on time.

Also my toddler is already potty trained so that is one less thing for me to contend with :thumbsup2

Lucky, I am so bummed about BTMR being closed when I'm there :worried:

I am hoping against hope, that they have some soft opening. Know it's pie in the sky thinking; But I've worked out that if I can keep lying and pretending to myself I might get on, I'll only be really depressed about it on my last day and seeing I'll be leaving anyway, I will already be blue lol

And double lucky you, with the potty training, as it's a bit of a struggle as DS is non-verbal and has some development issues. But hey you've gotta start somewhere, just not advisable on FP+ day :rotfl:

I did FP this morning with good results. The only glitch is that even though RnRC is scheduled to re-open 11/10, I could not make a FP for 11/12. The first day I could make one was for the day I depart, 11/14. I kept it as a place holder, and I am hoping they are just being conservative, and I plan on trying to rope drop it on the 12th.

Most of my other issues with Hoop and EMM scheduling have been resolved, so now I am just waiting to see what they do for night shows at the AK.

I am getting really frustrated about my park plans, since evening entertainment at Animal Kingdom still hasn't been announced. (Right? Did I miss it?) Right now I'm planning to flip-flop-park-hop November 16 and 17, 11/16 at AK then over to MK for Wishes, 11/17 at MK to take advantage of (hopefully) lower crowd levels for the early close, then back to AK for evening entertainment, if any. But if they do unveil RoL, and it isn't offered on that date, I'm not sure I'll be able to fit it in on another day.

Has anyone heard anything about AK evening hours/RoL lately?

I am getting really frustrated about my park plans, since evening entertainment at Animal Kingdom still hasn't been announced. (Right? Did I miss it?) Right now I'm planning to flip-flop-park-hop November 16 and 17, 11/16 at AK then over to MK for Wishes, 11/17 at MK to take advantage of (hopefully) lower crowd levels for the early close, then back to AK for evening entertainment, if any. But if they do unveil RoL, and it isn't offered on that date, I'm not sure I'll be able to fit it in on another day.

Still no word :( I've heard of some people are getting park hoppers and leaving some evenings free, depending on what happens with nighttime entertainment. We will be relaxing in the evenings, since my toddler has an earlier bedtime, but I don't envy those trying to do evening touring plans!

That's what I am doing, leaving things a bit open in the evenings for several days. I may even think about visiting on one of our universal days if we are back at the parks early enough to stop by.

Advice please! My daughter doesn't want to bring a double stroller because it is a "pain ". Her children are 7 and 9. My daughter-in-law is bringing a double for 7,8,10 and 12. We are going to MVMCP. I feel we will need a double even more in November than 3 years ago in September/October- sweatshirts,water, parade blanket, etc. Help!!!!! There are 8 adults and 4 kids TIA

Ok, two questions!!

I can book my FP 60 days out of check in day, correct? So we check in on the 8, I can start booking in two days?

What is your strategy? I haven't planned a WDW trip in forever, have no idea what type of crowds to expect, etc. I have some ADRs planned, so is it best to plan my FP around those? I like some flexibility, and the FWF is a priority, but should i forgo the plan in my head for a FP i really want given that I have no clue what type of crowds? Our dates are 11/8-15.

Last edited:
Did my online check in last friday and made my fast passes. Didn't expect to get Frozen as I wasn't getting up at midnight to try.

Did my online check in last friday and made my fast passes. Didn't expect to get Frozen as I wasn't getting up at midnight to try.
I believe the midnight thing is done and it's a 7AM start time for FP+. What time did you make FPs that you weren't able to get one for FEA? Just curious bc if reservations did open at 7AM EST and you made them at 8AM EST I would be disappointed!

Lucky, I am so bummed about BTMR being closed when I'm there :worried:

I am hoping against hope, that they have some soft opening. Know it's pie in the sky thinking; But I've worked out that if I can keep lying and pretending to myself I might get on, I'll only be really depressed about it on my last day and seeing I'll be leaving anyway, I will already be blue lol

I keep lying to myself about Big Thunder as well. Denial is not just a river in Egypt over here! LOL! :rotfl2: But hey, like you said, we can always have hope until we have to board the Tragical Express!

I believe the midnight thing is done and it's a 7AM start time for FP+. What time did you make FPs that you weren't able to get one for FEA? Just curious bc if reservations did open at 7AM EST and you made them at 8AM EST I would be disappointed!
I got FEA no problem at 7am. I checked later in the day and there was still plenty of availability throughout the week.

Yes, FP is 7am now. I got FEA without a problem at 7am Sat. A friend who made FP reservations today got it for the same day as me, just a few hours later. (We're all having dinner together so ours is before dinner and hers is after.)

I'm in the same boat. Super frustrating. Came over here to be sure I hadn't missed anything.

Me too, my FP+ day is Monday and although I made a rough plan months ago, I definitely need to go over it again cause our plans and adr's have changed a few times. Bring on the weekend!

I'm in the same FP boat we can make ours this Sunday and I need to get a better game plan now that DD's settled into college. I'm trying to schedule SW dessert party but they wont release November dates till the beginning of October :mad:. I have to keep a couple nights free since I don't know exactly when I can book it. I know everyone is having frustration with scheduling FP's when so much is up in the air.

Ok this is what happens when you have 2 trips so close together. This Sunday I can schedule my dining for our March trip.
Sept 21 is when we can make our FP's for November :o

Last edited:
Advice please! My daughter doesn't want to bring a double stroller because it is a "pain ". Her children are 7 and 9. My daughter-in-law is bringing a double for 7,8,10 and 12. We are going to MVMCP. I feel we will need a double even more in November than 3 years ago in September/October- sweatshirts,water, parade blanket, etc. Help!!!!! There are 8 adults and 4 kids TIA

I can't imagine getting my 9 year old into a stroller. I'd tie sweaters around waists, ask for water at QS in the park, and sit on the curb. Or bring a backpack.

We were there last November and my daughter was 7. Did not need a stroller at all. If I would have brought one it would have been a waste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter