Official May 2011 thread!

We are finally booked! After months of nagging DH!

9 days (May 12-21), staying offsite in a huge villa in Windsor Hills, with both sets of Grandparents! Doing WDW for 5 days and US/IOA for 2 days!!!!!! My ODD's third trip and YDD's first! :banana:

We just got back last Thursday from the World and have already booked another trip for May 2011. We will be going from 5/10-5/17 and staying at BLT. While we were there this past trip we bought into DVC so we wanted to go back and try it out :cool1:. This time we are taking another family (very good friends of our who have kids the same age as our kids as well) who have never been before. My oldest DD and their oldest son will be both celebrating their B-days while we are there. We are keeping this a hush-hush to all the kids and when we all meet up at the airport, that is when we will surprise them....I am so excited I can hardly wait :goodvibes

we are going may 27 to june 9th 2011 with the free dining Woo Hoo !!!! cant wait this will be our first family vacation and first time to disney

We'll be there May 28-June 4 at CBR!! :cool1: Cannot wait!!!!!!!!

Our travel dates are almost the same. We'll be at the CBR May 27th through June 4th. Taking advantage of free dining. Since free dining didn't start until the 27th, we now have to figure out where we are staying on May 26th (our arrival date). We are considering staying at a value just so we can see how we like another resort.

Hi!!

We will be travelling to Walt Disney World from: April 30 to May 7 2011 and we will be staying at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. Super excited! May is our favorite time to visit WDW by far :-)

We will be there those exact same days as it stands right now! My DW has to make sure that date is good at work, but we are staying at the WL. I hope we can keep that date. If my wife has something pop up at work, then we will be there the next week after (5/7-5/14) instead. I only went to WDW once when I was 11 years old and actually, just went to the MK for 1 day! Bless my parents. they tried, but they didn't have the means, so I'm glad we are getting to experience it as a family on a larger scale.:yay:

We just booked our trip. Staying at the ASMusic - family suite. We will be there May 28-June 1st. Got free dining! YIPPEEEEEE!!!! Only 8 months to go! Two more months and I can start booking our dinner reservations! Going to try to get Le Cellier. We have never been able to get in during our last 4 visits - crazy!!!

We're going from May 5 - May 12, staying at BWV. There's going to be 10 of us on this trip including my parents and sister's family. For 3 of the kids (including my youngest) it will be their first trip to Disney, and for others like my parents and my sister it will be their first visit since 1987.

April 30th to May 8th! Going for my 21st birthday :dancer: with my DBF. :lovestruc Hoping to get some surprises from him. <3 We are staying at the All-Star Music Resort!

Well, I just found out at Back to School night that there is PALS and DRU testing in Kindergarten in May. I had checked the school's websites weeks ago for Kindergarten testing and didn't see anything. The reason it's not on the website is because they haven't picked the dates yet. They have a 10 day window and will choose 5 of those 10 days to do the testing and they don't have the "10 day window" yet.

Nice.

Now how am I supposed to plan our May vacation?:confused3:mad:

Fortunately, I hadn't made any ressies for air/train or hotel yet ... I had an inkling to wait until school started ... just in case. So now I'll wait until they plan testing to book.

That's just the pits. Don't they know that Disney comes first? What were they thinking? ;)

We'll be there May 28-June 4 at CBR!! :cool1: Cannot wait!!!!!!!!

We just booked today for end of May 2011! We are SOOOOO excited!:cheer2:

we are going may 27 to june 9th 2011 with the free dining Woo Hoo !!!! cant wait this will be our first family vacation and first time to disney

Cheyandrew7 - how did you get free dining through June 9th?

I had to re-book today because I realized that our original dates included Memorial Day weekend, which is supposed to be the busiest weekend of the year. So, I changed it to May 31-June 4th. I had to stop it there since free dining ends at this time. Oh well.

That's just the pits. Don't they know that Disney comes first? What were they thinking? ;)

Cheyandrew7 - how did you get free dining through June 9th?

I had to re-book today because I realized that our original dates included Memorial Day weekend, which is supposed to be the busiest weekend of the year. So, I changed it to May 31-June 4th. I had to stop it there since free dining ends at this time. Oh well.

As long as you arrive before June 2nd, you can have free dining your whole trip, that's what a cast member told me when I called and booked.

:cheer2::cheer2: Just booked May 27th - June 6th :cheer2::cheer2: It will be our middle daughter's 6th Birthday on June 3rd!!! This is her surprise birthday at Disney trip! We are so excited!!!

I wish I could be :) about this but I'm not really!!!

Hi ALL !!! Due to schedules we are having to change our already booked Feb 2011 vacation over to May 2011. We will be there May 25-June 5. Probably staying at POFQ or AK. Maybe a split stay...not sure yet about the fine print :confused3

We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary and DD#2's 4th bday and my baby Son's 1st :)

Going in May - 18 nights :cool1:

Three of us - all friends - going as a belated 40th birthday for Graham and a slightly late 35th for Karen and I. Flying 29th April and staying til 17th May. 9 nights in a villa then currently 9 nights in PO Riverside. Debating upgrading 3 of those nights to DVC BC if we can get it but if not its POR for us. Never done that one before - stayed at POFQ though and loved it. SOOOOO excited :rotfl:

So pleased to have found you all :goodvibes

Last night I booked free dining, Pop Century starting on May 27th for a week.

I am super hopeful Star Wars weekend will be going on during this time like it has in the past.

So is Memorial Day weekend really that bad? Or is it just Memorial Day?

our group of 6 will be at POFQ may 28-june 11 :banana:

My husband, son and I will be at POFQ from May 25 till June 4. So excited. Can not wait haven't been since 1999 and this is my DS first trip. He will be almost 7. :woohoo:

We'll be doing a split stay at BLT/VWL start 5/8 - 5/14...just enough time to get away :)

My husband, son and I will be at POFQ from May 25 till June 4. So excited. Can not wait haven't been since 1999 and this is my DS first trip. He will be almost 7. :woohoo:

yea!!! Will have to say hi to you!!:banana:

That sounds fun,Dismom55 will be at POFQ during that time too.So Dis meet at the pool everyone :banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter