Official May 2011 thread!

We will be there in May 2011! Not positive about the dates yet but possibly May 14-21. We will be driving from CT.
Our group consists of myself, DH, DD, DS, DM-inlaw, and DF-inlaw. Our DD
5th Birthday is May 19th so we hope to do something special.

Hi,

I am planning a disney world family trip for the first week in may 2011. I have two kids at that time they will be 2 and 5.
I plan on staying for 7 days 6 nights at all star movies and getting the premium dining package. I plan on getting the 5 day park hopper pass.

I am not sure how to handle what we will do at the parks for which attraction to hit first.

Any suggestions would be great!

I'm going too!! Can't wait to book next month...i'm itching for that. we're taking family that has never been, with 2 really young ones. Wanting to stay at the treehouses at SSR. If that doesn't work, the Cabins at FW will do. But the TH's are my first choice.

We are DW first timers as well. I am planning a May 2011 trip. I plan to leave the day after school is out (hurray! lol) and stay for 10 days. My DS and I have birthdays 2 days apart and we will be at DW for them so I am excited. Usually he feels a bit shafted as school has just let out and his buddies are leaving to go on vacation so they can't celebrate with him :sad1: I intend to make this year a HUGE deal for him :cool1: and (hopefully) it is all going to be a suprise!!

Planning a trip for sometime in May. While we have not nailed down exact dates yet, we know it will be sometime in May. In my opinion, May is the best time to go. We've been in August, (way to hot and crowded) May, and December (Christmas decorations and shows are great, but temps are not consistant).

I like May because it's warm and swimming weather, but not super hot yet. The crowds are not bad and the kids are still in school which helps.

Looking to stay at CSR again. If we can get a pin we may try the Contempory or Wilderness lodge. We plan on doing the dining package and some tours too.

We plan to nail down our exact dates soon, so we can book when 2011 info is released. I' ve been told August 1st that info should be available.

i really hopet he 2011 package prices come out august 1st!! i want to book my trip to make it OFFICIAL!!

We're going May 8-13th! it will be our first family trip to WDW and my twins will be turning four that week.
Can't wait!!! Is it here yet?

We're going May 8-13th! it will be our first family trip to WDW and my twins will be turning four that week.
Can't wait!!! Is it here yet?

i'm planning on going onthe 9th!! and my daughter will be 4 also! are they two girls/boys? boy and girl?? i cant wait!!!!!!!!!! i'm already showing her youtube videos of certain attractions i'll think she will be frightened of so she can be prepared and know everything will be ok... and i found this awesome website that has every disney music available that plays nonstop all day... no commercials no breaks nothing!!! i "make" her listen to that also! lol:rotfl:

i'm planning on going onthe 9th!! and my daughter will be 4 also! are they two girls/boys? boy and girl?? i cant wait!!!!!!!!!! i'm already showing her youtube videos of certain attractions i'll think she will be frightened of so she can be prepared and know everything will be ok... and i found this awesome website that has every disney music available that plays nonstop all day... no commercials no breaks nothing!!! i "make" her listen to that also! lol:rotfl:

Boy/Boy twins here. we thought it would be the best way to celebrate their birthdays! can't wait-wish it was sooner! got the dates now looking to figure out where we are going to stay and what parks what days...especially for their birthday.

Just put in our DVC reservation request for Tree House Villas! Should hear back from member services tomorrow or Thursday... We are soooo excited! This is going to be our daughter's first trip and there will be at least 7 of us, possibly 9!

Hey, guys! I just read this whole thread and already getting excited again.

We just came back from WDW yesterday but of course, the best cure is to plan another trip!!!

We are looking at going to WDW in May with my parents...hoping to stay at BLT but can't book until 7 months out. Which reminds me, I need to add a May ticker!!

Even though it is a long way out, we are booked to go the week of May 22. My in-laws promised to take my twins for their 5th birthday, which is next summer, and that was the best week that worked for all of us.
They are using a timeshare so we won't be on property :(
but at least we will be there!

Looking forward to seeing Epcot and hopefully getting a lunch appointment at CRT!

Count us in :goodvibes. We are taking another family who has never been before, not sure of the dates but we know for sure it will be in May since their son and our DD each has a B-day in May, then of course we will celebrate their other DD and our other DD's B-day as well there (total of 4 B-days). We have been talking about staying at BC, but that too is up in the air. Our friends want DH and I to do all of the planning and then just let them know what is going on (fine by us, we love to plan out our Disney vacations). The only thing is, this will probably be their once and only time going to Disney so DH and I want to make this as special as we can for them.

Taking our first trip to DW in May 2011! Okay, so that's not entirely accurate... I did go when I was 5, but that was 27 years ago, so I'm not sure it counts :confused3 Real first trip for DH and DD who will be 2 1/2 at the time.

We are renting DVC points and have our reservation booked, doing a split stay, 5/13 through 5/18 at AKL and 5/18 through 5/20 at BLT. SO excited for the trip and having so much fun with all the planning!!!

Count us in :goodvibes. We are taking another family who has never been before, not sure of the dates but we know for sure it will be in May since their son and our DD each has a B-day in May, then of course we will celebrate their other DD and our other DD's B-day as well there (total of 4 B-days). We have been talking about staying at BC, but that too is up in the air. Our friends want DH and I to do all of the planning and then just let them know what is going on (fine by us, we love to plan out our Disney vacations). The only thing is, this will probably be their once and only time going to Disney so DH and I want to make this as special as we can for them.

That's exactly what we're going thru with Dh's niece!!! It's their first time, and probably be their only time....for at least like 5 years, it's my ds and dh and niece's dh birthdays in May, 2 of them while we're there!!! I was thinking about the THV, but with the transportation being iffy, I think we'll stay at BLT in a 2 bedroom. Niece's dh will want to go back to the room alot, so I want to make it easy for them. I can't WAIT to book it!! I'm soooo ready!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter