Official May 2011 thread!

Booked BWV for May 13-18th, taking my mom for her 70th birthday. Just her & I, can't wait.

An update to our plans. We were originally booked from 5/10-5/17 staying at BLT with friends of ours. Well, our friends backed out on us so we decided to book from 5/5-5/14 and are now staying at BCV in a studio. We are going to be doing DxDP again and we are still very excited about our vacation. We love the whole Epcot resort area and are very excited that we can spend lots of time in our favorite pool (SAB). We also decided that we are going to really slow down this trip and do things that we haven't done before that is not park related.

We just booked our trip last night - 8 nights, May 14-22 at the Beach Club. We'll be there celebrate my 30th birthday and my husband's graduation from college with a BS in Mathematics!! Can't wait!

Finally booked for May 28-June 4th at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We went last Memorial Day and had a great time. This time we will try and rent a car to do more in Orlando, not just hang at Disney the whole time. But, so excited!

caroline

Me :cutie: DH ;) DS:yay:

2010 Contemporary
2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge

They put out a new round of Military discounts, so we decided to go back for our daughter's birthday!!!:yay: :yay: :yay:

We are staying May 15th-May 20th at the Beach Club, garden view!

So my DH and I always go in May, but I don't see any deals out other than the last week in May.... Are there any out there that I'm missing???? We normally go around the 8th for a week.

That's just the pits. Don't they know that Disney comes first? What were they thinking? ;)

Cheyandrew7 - how did you get free dining through June 9th?

I had to re-book today because I realized that our original dates included Memorial Day weekend, which is supposed to be the busiest weekend of the year. So, I changed it to May 31-June 4th. I had to stop it there since free dining ends at this time. Oh well.

They told me that as long as we are there may 27 it would go thoughout the whole trip and when i called to change dates that's what they told me

Just booked our trip from May 29th to June 4th at CBR! Can't wait to go! I know I'll be driving my family crazy talking about where to eat (have free dining)and what to ride and about everything Disney! Will be celebrating DS 10th B day on June 2nd. He 's so excited!

Me, DH, DS(12), DS(9)

1986 offsite, 1996 offsite, Oct 2008 All star sports, May 2009 Pop

So pleased to have found you all :goodvibes

Last night I booked free dining, Pop Century starting on May 27th for a week.

I am super hopeful Star Wars weekend will be going on during this time like it has in the past.

So is Memorial Day weekend really that bad? Or is it just Memorial Day?

I had wondered the same thing and from what I'm hearing it really isn't that bad...I'm going to follow guides and crowd level predictors and plan my days around that as well. We aren't sure where we are going to be staying yet as we were booked for Feb originally. More time to save Disney $$$ means we might possibly stay Deluxe this visit! :) We will be there May 25-June 3!

This thread seems to move sooo slow compared to the Feb one !!

If anyone is interested I made a Facebook group for those of us traveling May 2011!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=161178957243177&v=wall

Sometimes its easier for me to keep in touch via FB, though I :lovestruc the disboards too! Just send a request if you'd like to join, I figure we could share info, plans, etc...maybe make a master list of who's going when and such !!! Which reminds me, I need to get a new ticker :)

If anyone is interested I made a Facebook group for those of us traveling May 2011!

Sometimes its easier for me to keep in touch via FB, though I :lovestruc the disboards too! Just send a request if you'd like to join, I figure we could share info, plans, etc...maybe make a master list of who's going when and such !!! Which reminds me, I need to get a new ticker :)

I love Facebook!! It will speed up maybe around Feb when everyone starts paying off trips, countdown days get closer etc. Im still excited even though I have a ways away=)

We're leaving for our daughter's first trip on May 13! We can't wait! Anyone have any thoughts as to when park hours will be out?

We're leaving for our daughter's first trip on May 13! We can't wait! Anyone have any thoughts as to when park hours will be out?

I heard sometime in Nov they will have our park hours out. Around that time we can also start booking ADR's :rotfl:

You can make ADR's for May 1st on Nov 2. I figure the calendar will probably come out about a week before to give people a chance to make schedules. I gotta wait till Nov 26 to make ADR's, I can't wait. So excited. :cheer2:

I think my best girlfriends and I are planning a trip to WDW in May 2011. We are working on getting vacation all at the same time. We want to go for free dining!!

What a fun idea! I love all things facebook. Great way to stay in contact and meet new people. I know my family would love to meet up with anyone who will be in the World the same time as us.

I heard sometime in Nov they will have our park hours out. Around that time we can also start booking ADR's :rotfl:

They will most likely come out in a couple of weeks. Probably the last week of October. April's dates came out at the end of September.

Can't you make ADRs the first day of your trip plus 10 days? For example, my trip starts April 30th, so on October 30th (?) I could start making all my ADRs up to 10 days? I'll be in Detroit the weekend I can start making ADRs so I will have to have my boyfriend make the ADRs. Luckily, I only have 3 or 4 ADRs to make! :D

I also requested to join the facebook group! :D I'm so excited! Just 200 more days!

Great idea.. I requested to join as well. now that i'm back from my october trip its time to start planning the May one :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter