Official May 2011 thread!

I might be going. My cousin, her husband, and their (at that time) 3 year old. They want me to go with them, since I've been dubbed the "Disney Expert". We're supposed to be talking about it this week sometime. I just hope she doesn't want to go in June. Too hot and too crowded. I'm used to October, November, and December.

We will be there May 5th through the 15th, 2011. We were there last May and it rained the entire 10 days. So...hoping for sunshine next year.;)

Hi guys! Another May 2011er here! I'm going with a huge group of old chat room friends, a few I've met, but many I haven't! It was a Star Wars room, so we're going for Star Wars Weekends. I'm the planner of the trip, and I'm SO EXCITED! I didn't think I'd get to return until 2013!

I've also invited my two little cousins who will graduate high school just a few weeks before the trip. They've never been! I hope they can go. I want to watch their faces (faces I love so dearly, for I grew up with them and they're like my siblings) as they see the castle for the first time. Even though they're not young children, the thought makes me so emotional. I love those two and I love Disney so much.

We are planning on going at the end of April/beginning of May 2011. So excited!! I have only been once, about 7 years ago and my daughter has never been.

We are planning on going at the end of April/beginning of May 2011. So excited!! I have only been once, about 7 years ago and my daughter has never been.

Very exciting for you!

I think May will be great - hot enough to enjoy the pools for sure. We went in March 2009 and it was a little too chilly for the pools the week we were there.

WHO HOOO :cool1:

SO happy to see a May 2011 thread....we just decided today that we are heading down then and I am SOOOOO excited :banana:.

None of my family have ever been so I am super excited to have tons of time to plan. Exact dates TBD but before the end of this month we should have it narrowed down.....

Happy Planning.....:surfweb:

We went May 2008 and are going this May 1st and I am hoping to talk my hubby into returning May 2011 instead of 2012, but we'll see how that goes. Maybe I will end up starting a May 2012 thread :lmao:. From my experience and those of friends, May is great!

Leaning toward first week of May.
Went in 09 for my DD bday, wanted to do the same this trip, but Im not brave enough to try easter week crowds.

We've been going in May for many years (as you can see from my siggy)

May is a great time to go. Not too too hot and not too crowded. Of course you still have your 85+ degree days and you still have your hour long waits here and there but overall it's nice. Over the years we've gone in every week from the 1st through Memorial weekend.

It's not set in stone yet but it's pretty certain we'll be going again in May 2011!

4 days till this years trip!

Woo Hoooo!!! Under a year now, baby! My husband won't be able to stand me for the next 11 months 4 weeks and 1 day!:lmao:

Hey, it's a small advance, but I'll take what I can get!

Hoping for May 2011. May 7th-14th. Two weeks after Easter and a few weeks before the summer crowds. We have never taken DS out of school but we are trying it for 2011. Kind of tired of June heat and Star Wars weekends. DS will be 10 and in 4th grade but all state testing will be finished. Haven't decided on resort usually stay on-site but we are planning on visiting Universal & maybe Sea World.

My Disneymoon is from May 8th to the 22nd! 2 full weeks of Disney fun with Deluxe Dining! We are staying at POR til the 15th and then are going on the Disney Dream for a 4 day cruise and then after that we are coming back to POR so that we can finish at the parks! I'm so excited! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter