**Official December 2010 Thread!!** - PART 2!

Is your husband's boss going to pay for everyone's non-refundable vacations???? He sounds like a jerk. I bet he wouldn't cancel his own vacations.

Typical knee jerk reaction by a bad manager. He should have known about the upcoming workload and if he didn't, then other plans can be made. There is no way I would treat my employees that way.

Assuming the husband is in good standing with his job performance, I doubt anything will happen if he goes on the trip.

8 days!!!

I really need to start figuring out what I'm going to pack. We need to fit everything in one checked bag and our two carryons because I refuse to pay for a checked bag and we only get one free with our One Pass credit card. DH's is a huge guy 6'5 275 lbs. (you can see how tall he is in my signature pictures!) and his clothes and shoes are about 4 times the size of mine which makes them horrible to pack!

If I was ever embarrassed about how I looked on vacations my mom would say "when are you ever going to see these people again?" so then I didn't care so much about what I was wearing.

Too funny! Now that you mention it, I remember my Mom saying that to me too! :rotfl:

I'm finalizing plans and have some ADRs to cancel:

At 9:45am, I will be cancelling the following ADRs (these will be posted here and the cancellation thread). All are for a party of 4:

12/10--Ohana 7:55am
12/10--50's Prime Time--4:15pm
12/11--Plaza Restaurant--11am
12/11--Liberty Tree--7:45pm
12/12--Biergarten--2:25pm
12/12--Le Cellier--8:05pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

DH's boss is a scrooge. He put the request in back in January when we booked the trip. As it is, DH has been working from 6am-9pm during the week and the last two weekends. It's just so frustrating!

We told our son last night. He opened his first book for Hanukkah (he gets a book each night) and read the note. His reaction was "for real?" and then went on to reading his book. :rolleyes: However, about an hour later, he came down to me and started jumping up and down, asking about who we were going to eat with (character meals). When I told him we were having a princess lunch, he asked if Snow White will be there (is she at Akhershus?) I said maybe. He then started asking if we'll be seeing the animals again, and I told him we were staying at the Contemporary this time. He was a little disappointed, but is excited to be able to walk to the Magic Kingdom. I think he'll the Contemporary as much as he likes AKL. At least I hope he will!

And thanks to this thread, I just went online and put a hold on our mail.

6 more days:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana:
sorry the initial reaction wasn't what you hoped for, but sounds like he finally got it. so hard with kids- they don't always do what we anticipate. :rotfl:

Well DH's boss decided last night that we needed another punch to the gut, that the year we've had has not been bad enough already. He sent an email out late that all vacation requests for December have been suspended due to work load. :mad: I told DH to tell boss we are not canceling our trip and to let him fire him if he doesn't like it. I am so mad this morning I could breathe fire!
NO WAY....i would be pissed. That is not a boss/company i would want to continue working for. I know it is a rough economy and all that, but no job is worth that heartache- i mean in today's society most companies are pretty good with life/work balance. Even my workaholic boss who isn't married with no kids is GREAT with all of us that have kids and is so flexible if we need to leave early for a school function- sick kid, whatever. That's part of the job for us. I would never work somewhere that didn't let me go if my parent was dying. that's just, well i am LIVID reading it. I hope karma slaps this boss back one day and i hope your hubby still goes and has a great time. i know it isn't possible given finances for everyone to just walk away from a job, but boy, this would be one i would really consider doing that too! :confused3 let us know how it goes- saying a little prayer for you!

ticker reads 2 DAYS!!!:santa::santa:

We leave in 44 hours!!! Only two more sleeps- well more like one and a half, since we have to get up at 3am on Saturday am.

Seems we had a lot of haircuts and pedis lately on this board!:rotfl: We got my son's haircut last night and getting my pedi at lunch today. Finished packing last night......we are checking one bag, carrying on two small suitcases (one is toddler sized!) and two backpacks. plus stroller and booster seat will be checked (need seat for rental car).

and good news- anyone renting a car, be sure and go back and check for lower rates. We originally had booked a full size (like impala) through National (my preference as an Emerald Aisle customer) for $225 for the week. Yesterday, i checked the same exact reservation as a new one- and it went down to $200. I found another coupon and got it down to $157, saving almost $70!!! And all through national who isn't known to be the cheapest (but most convenient for us, no line/counter etc.). woo hoo! that's enough to pay for my TIW card! :wizard:

Getting so excited, so hard to function at work. Also booking another trip today----the social media moms trip registration opens today (invite only i believe) this afternoon- so hoping to get a spot for it- it is a fabulous deal- with a room for 3 nights at the GF and park hoppers (although we have APs) for a fantastic price (really really cheap, unbelievably cheap!). So we are heading back for 3 nights in March 17-20. I don't have enough vacation time to make it a longer trip (doing a mountain trip to Gatlinburg with family in June and WDW week in October), plus it is peak season and crowded, so i figure a brief taste is fine. i was shocked DH wanted to go back with me- i thought i might be going alone (since it is a conference). then we are back in October. so even when this trip is over and i am sad, at least i have something else to look forward too. definitely counting my blessings today.

exwdwcm, thank you SO MUCH for your lists on P. 80! Thanks to you I'm going to check my hubby's prescriptions now! I would have totally forgotten that which would've been bad news for us... :thumbsup2

Trying to get house work done today, hopefully will make the last Christmas shopping trip out tonight. I can't decide whether to start wrapping gifts or not-on the one hand when we get back we have 6 days until Christmas so I have a LOT of wrapping to do in 6 days, but if I do get it out, I hate to leave everything out while we're out of town! I have to leave with a CLEAN house!

Christmas cards today! Got to get them ready for that PERFECT DW picture! :banana:

I think we've decided to leave at 4am on Saturday instead of my original 9am plan- maybe the 3yo will SLEEP for 3 or 4 hours?! Could it be? 3 or 4 hours of QUIET in my car?! :lmao:

We leave in 44 hours!!! Only two more sleeps- well more like one and a half, since we have to get up at 3am on Saturday am.

Seems we had a lot of haircuts and pedis lately on this board!:rotfl: We got my son's haircut last night and getting my pedi at lunch today. Finished packing last night......we are checking one bag, carrying on two small suitcases (one is toddler sized!) and two backpacks. plus stroller and booster seat will be checked (need seat for rental car).

and good news- anyone renting a car, be sure and go back and check for lower rates. We originally had booked a full size (like impala) through National (my preference as an Emerald Aisle customer) for $225 for the week. Yesterday, i checked the same exact reservation as a new one- and it went down to $200. I found another coupon and got it down to $157, saving almost $70!!! And all through national who isn't known to be the cheapest (but most convenient for us, no line/counter etc.). woo hoo! that's enough to pay for my TIW card! :wizard:

Getting so excited, so hard to function at work. Also booking another trip today----the social media moms trip registration opens today (invite only i believe) this afternoon- so hoping to get a spot for it- it is a fabulous deal- with a room for 3 nights at the GF and park hoppers (although we have APs) for a fantastic price (really really cheap, unbelievably cheap!). So we are heading back for 3 nights in March 17-20. I don't have enough vacation time to make it a longer trip (doing a mountain trip to Gatlinburg with family in June and WDW week in October), plus it is peak season and crowded, so i figure a brief taste is fine. i was shocked DH wanted to go back with me- i thought i might be going alone (since it is a conference). then we are back in October. so even when this trip is over and i am sad, at least i have something else to look forward too. definitely counting my blessings today.

YEAAAA!!! How exciting! Thanks so much for everything you've done on this thread... it's been so much fun chatting with everyone and reading everything!:lovestruc I hope you have a wonderful time!:santa: April

ETA.... just noticed you'll be there in March; we will too! Mar 3-10th! :)

Have a fun and safe trip. Thank you for all the contibutions to this thread and Merry Christmas!!! :santa:

:woohoo::banana::woohoo: 20 DAY DANCE :woohoo::banana::woohoo:

Turned in my big social science methods project last night, have a regular schedule next week for school, but then the 13-17 is finals week so I for sure do not have to go the 14 or to my second class on the 15 and don't have any Friday classes so I will be done with school on the night of the 16th. I can't wait!! Getting my hair done on the 17th, not just for the vacation but so it's nice for when I start student teaching in January. Right now the DIS is helping me to procrastinate on a test I have to create for my methods class, even though it's not due until next Wednesday I like getting things done ahead of time.

Hope everyone has a great day and safe travels to those of you heading to the World today and in the weeks to come.

Online checkin worked fine, though was a little slow moving this morning for me. I am SO excited, I am having trouble getting anything done! I think tonight I am going to plan to wrap presents, in part so my kids' presents can go under the tree, but also so I can get the gifts we bought for the "adopt" kids (every year my department adopts this daycare where all the kids are poverty level, and everyone adopts a child or two to buy Christmas presents for, usually approx $30-$40 per child, I have 2 18month old kids this year, so got them jammies and the big lego blocks and sweatshirts) done so I can bring them in before I leave. I've STARTED packing, just as far as putting the kids' swimsuits and an outfit or two in their carryon bags. We are planning to check no more than 2 bags, since we have to pay for them, and then each of us will have a carryon bag.

Just canceled a Candlelight Dinner Package for Tepon Edo at 2pm tomorrow 12/3.

exwdwcm, thank you SO MUCH for your lists on P. 80! Thanks to you I'm going to check my hubby's prescriptions now! I would have totally forgotten that which would've been bad news for us... :thumbsup2

Trying to get house work done today, hopefully will make the last Christmas shopping trip out tonight. I can't decide whether to start wrapping gifts or not-on the one hand when we get back we have 6 days until Christmas so I have a LOT of wrapping to do in 6 days, but if I do get it out, I hate to leave everything out while we're out of town! I have to leave with a CLEAN house!

Christmas cards today! Got to get them ready for that PERFECT DW picture! :banana:

I think we've decided to leave at 4am on Saturday instead of my original 9am plan- maybe the 3yo will SLEEP for 3 or 4 hours?! Could it be? 3 or 4 hours of QUIET in my car?! :lmao:
So glad i could help!!! it is always those little things you forget. There are great pharmacies close to disney if you ever needed it, but why hassle? We've even had to visit urgent care at disney before too, so don't forget your health insurance cards!

YEAAAA!!! How exciting! Thanks so much for everything you've done on this thread... it's been so much fun chatting with everyone and reading everything!:lovestruc I hope you have a wonderful time!:santa: April

ETA.... just noticed you'll be there in March; we will too! Mar 3-10th! :)
yeah- thank you!! We will be there 17-20th, so just miss you. Where are you guys staying in March? I think i have officially converted DH to the dark side........Dec, March and Oct......I would say that is a pretty solid conversion right? :rotfl:

Have a fun and safe trip. Thank you for all the contibutions to this thread and Merry Christmas!!! :santa:
You are so welcome!!! Merry Christmas to you too!!! Stay tuned for my TR!!! and if you aren't signed up on FB yet- be sure and find me as Michelle Easler Peters- i'll be posting pics there starting Saturday live from the world!

Is anyone else having a problem with on-line check-in? It's not working for me right now.:confused: Thanks!:santa: April
I have read about others experiencing issues too- so i think it is not just you. Keep trying though!! i think the upgrade on the 30th maybe caused some problems?

:woohoo::banana::woohoo: 20 DAY DANCE :woohoo::banana::woohoo:

Turned in my big social science methods project last night, have a regular schedule next week for school, but then the 13-17 is finals week so I for sure do not have to go the 14 or to my second class on the 15 and don't have any Friday classes so I will be done with school on the night of the 16th. I can't wait!! Getting my hair done on the 17th, not just for the vacation but so it's nice for when I start student teaching in January. Right now the DIS is helping me to procrastinate on a test I have to create for my methods class, even though it's not due until next Wednesday I like getting things done ahead of time.

Hope everyone has a great day and safe travels to those of you heading to the World today and in the weeks to come.
Good luck on your finals and hoping these next few weeks pass by quickly for you (okay and slowly for me next week while at WDW!):rotfl:

Online checkin worked fine, though was a little slow moving this morning for me. I am SO excited, I am having trouble getting anything done! I think tonight I am going to plan to wrap presents, in part so my kids' presents can go under the tree, but also so I can get the gifts we bought for the "adopt" kids (every year my department adopts this daycare where all the kids are poverty level, and everyone adopts a child or two to buy Christmas presents for, usually approx $30-$40 per child, I have 2 18month old kids this year, so got them jammies and the big lego blocks and sweatshirts) done so I can bring them in before I leave. I've STARTED packing, just as far as putting the kids' swimsuits and an outfit or two in their carryon bags. We are planning to check no more than 2 bags, since we have to pay for them, and then each of us will have a carryon bag.
so nice of you to adopt some sweet angels!!!! we do that at work too.

WOW!!!!!!!!!

Just went to accuweather.com to check the forcast for when I'll be in Disney. The temps run from 80 as a high to 39 as a low.

And I thought living in Boston had erratic weather.

Look at the bright side. For all who are flying American Airlines, they reduced the price of in-flight alcoholic drinks by $2, thru New Year's. That should help alleviate some stress.
lol!! wish I was flying with them! I'm flying with Spirit Air..

I hate flying. I've never flown without having a panic attack and crying my eyes out at take off and landing, until last time. I had a friend tell me a story about a couple who were both pilots and they had small children. She said it was raining when the wife was getting ready to take off. She said a passanger asked to speak with her because she was scared of the weather. She said her friend went out and told her that she was a mom and a pilot and that her husband was out flying that day too. She said there is no way that either of them would fly if they didn;'t think it was 100% safe because then where would that leave their children. I'm still not 100% ok with flying but it helped keep me a little calmer knowing that if they didn't think it was safe they wouldn't be doing it.
That is very true :) I took a course online about fear of flying and it said to write a letter to the captain explaining your situation.. I was thinking about maybe just mentioning something to the flight attendents.. On my Honeymoon I just sat there with my hood up crying the whole time.. poor DH lol

I am having trouble with online check in as well. I am a TA and called the tech support number. They are aware, working on it, and hope to have it back online soon. She advised me to "keep checking". It went down after the last round of system enhancements - which is why I decided to wait in the first place...ugh! There is nothing they can do to help - we are just stuck until it is back online.

I too tried this morning to complete Online checkin and was unable to. Tried just now again during my lunch and no luck yet! Guess I will keep trying.

Just one more week from today at 5pm and I will be on my way to Denver for my last sleep before boarding the airplane headed to my favorite place in the World!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter