**Official December 2010 Thread!!** - PART 2!

2 more days :cheer2:
I have not finished packing yet!!!! My twin DDs1 go to Mommy's Day Out on T and TH so I planned on going to the DR for my sinus infection, errands and packing. Well, the Dr made me wait 1 1/2 hrs!!!! At least I got a shot and some antibiotics! I finally get to Target for some last minute supplies and the school calls to tell me one of my DDs has 102 fever. WHAT!! NOT NOW. I call the Dr to get an appt for this afternoon, get to the school, bring her home.............NO FEVER at all!!!! So, my day was pretty waisted! At least she is fine, for now.
Looks like the highs are in the 60's and low 70's. I am packing mostly pants, long and short sleeve shirts. Trying to pack lightly BUT I am up to 1 suitcase for me, 1 for DD, one for DH and one for the twins. At least we are flying SW and get to backs per ticket!
I cannot wait any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:

We are in our teens now and Im sad to say that Im too busy to be excited :confused3. We had someone want to buy our house, which isnt even on the market, but we were going to try to sell in the next year or two. We have since decided to sell it, so trying to find our new home, harder than we thought it would be. Then, there is work, DD11 is on travel basketball team that plays ALOT and today was her birthday. DS13 is in wrestling. DD3 is in gymnastics. OH, and both our families want us to celebrate Christmas with them before we go to WDW and DD3 also has a sleep study scheduled in another state the week before we go...it goes on and on.AHHHH, Im so glad we ar going to WDW, I just want to clear my mind of everything else and focus on this trip. Im sad to say I have NOTHING packed:scared1:. I had planned to have most packed by now.
DH, who is big of a WDW fan as I am admitted to me today that he isnt excited yet either :rolleyes:. So, heres to hoping a little exciting dust sprinkles on us this weekend. :wizard:

Just got home from a craft show in a neighboring town and read up on all the updates. Katie, so happy for you and Glen! :woohoo: For those trying to do online checkin - try early morning - worked like a dream. Since it is past midnight eastern time, my ticker should have clicked over to....

I wish everyone safe travels as they get ready to disembark to the happiest place on earth! I still have 20 days but I have plenty to do between now and then to keep me occupied. I'll be glad when this class for school is over on the 13th! Then I have more time to focus on Disney. :wizard:

Just got done the "fear of flying" course.. it was pretty good.. wish I could have that guy as my pilot! I dont feel happy to fly still but it was nice to have some things explained and got to hear a lot of the noises that happen during flight which is what scares me most..REALLY wish I enjoyed flying! Ide be so excited right now!

:woohoo: finally into the teens, i can almost taste one of these
SDC10436.jpg
mmmmmm :woohoo:

This has been a rough year for December DISers. I'm just glad that things are working out for all of us and that we are all blessed enough to be able to go to that happy place and forget about all our troubles for at least a little while. I hope safe travels for everyone and a Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas!

This has been a rough year for December DISers. I'm just glad that things are working out for all of us and that we are all blessed enough to be able to go to that happy place and forget about all our troubles for at least a little while. I hope safe travels for everyone and a Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas!

I know! Between mean bosses, sick relatives and broken car doors;), we've all wondered about our trips at some point!

Safe travels everyone!!!

2 weeks from now I will be in my car on my way to WDW!! We love driving down its half the fun of our trip.

Now if only I could get excited! Why is everything happening this year? Our business is having a rough patch which is making it hard to be excited. Then yesterday I was grooming our dog, getting him ready to go to my sisters while we are gone, and I found 2 lumps. I was in tears and upset all day. We are taking him to the vet on Monday. I swear once this trio gets here I am spending the entire time in front of the slushie stand in France LOL

:banana: us too! pedi done just now! bank run done too. would tomorrow 5pm come already so i can be off work officially and just relax before our early early flight!??:laughing:

I am running still running, but I only work PT so no big deal. I have to take the munchkin for a haircut,dog to the groomers, bank, laundry and then I will pack my carryon.Oh and since our tree topper broke I am off to walmart for a new one.

Poor DH lost his cousin to cancer the night before last and I felt so bad for him. They were close, the families grew up together, but we live too far away now to be able to get back for the funeral at this point. His workload is crazy (sound familiar, Katie?) and the boss is in a weird mood, I guess, so DH didn't want to ask!

DD just got accepted to her first choice college, so she's all excited and now we have to wade through the FAFSA - she's playing basketball for them, so she got a great offer - 1/2 off tuition and board, but we still have to come up with the rest - ugh.

So, sad news and exciting news. Hard to catch our breath in between - we're in the teens now, can't believe it! Really need to get organized now!!!
I'm so sorry about your loss, but so excited about your DD's college admission! My d is a college senior; I remember all too well the anxiety involved in this time of year. Now shee can fully relax and enjoy Disney, knowing that she's going to college! :cheer2:

And I also remember the pain of FAFSA and the CSS Profile, but this too shall pass - we just paid DD's LAST TUITION BILL! :dance3::banana::banana::woohoo::yay: At this point, she doesn't want to go to grad school.

Now comes the hardest part - the great job search. She's convinced that she's going to end up living in a cardboard box. :scared1:
2 weeks from now I will be in my car on my way to WDW!! We love driving down its half the fun of our trip.

Now if only I could get excited! Why is everything happening this year? Our business is having a rough patch which is making it hard to be excited. Then yesterday I was grooming our dog, getting him ready to go to my sisters while we are gone, and I found 2 lumps. I was in tears and upset all day. We are taking him to the vet on Monday. I swear once this trio gets here I am spending the entire time in front of the slushie stand in France LOL
I so hope your doggie will be OK. :hug: Please keep us posted.

Ditto! After this past year, I feel so blessed and fortunate to be able to go to Disney again for the Christmas season.

Our itinerary and ADRs are set! This is our last weekend before we leave. We'll be cleaning and packing and getting our papers in order (can't seem to find our MVMCP tickets! Yikes!).

6 days!!!

TOMORROW!!! So excited I can't even see straight! :banana::woohoo::yay:

Today's going to be a lloooonnnnnnggggg day at work. :rolleyes1 :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter