**Official December 2010 Thread!!** - PART 2!

Well DH finally got hold of his boss and long story short we are good to go for our vacation!!! Only 7 more sleeps! :santa:

Well DH finally got hold of his boss and long story short we are good to go for our vacation!!! Only 7 more sleeps! :santa:
Yay :cheer2: so happy for you! It seems like the December people have had their share of cancellations, illnesses and just plain bad stuff. Pixie dust for everyone!pixiedust:

I'm doing this free course online for fear of flying if anyone wants to do it too! FearofFlyinghelp.com
I don't think this would help me. I'd just rather drive. DH says it's a control thing... He says I'd fly if I was the one actually flying the plane;) I don't think so!:lmao:

Let me know if it helps. Just the thought of taking the course is freaking me out! :crazy:
Me too!:scared1:

We are doing the 2 day dance here :cool1::dance3::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:

Hair is cut bags are packed; now tomorrow to hit the bank and get a pedicure and I am ALL DONE! :banana:

Hope everyone has an amazing week I cannot wait to get out of here Saturday morning. :cheer2:

Well I did get my hair done today. Touched up the color and had the new Keratin treatment down. Did the express version that will last 6-8 weeks to see if I like it. No mani/pedi for me. Since I have oval nail beds so many tear up my cuticles and as for the pedi, no one touches my feet. Yes I have ugly feet because of this, but after years of foot pain then sugeries I just can't handle any ont touching my feet. (Yes I know I am weird)

Also had some disappointing news today. Aunt promised the family Christmas party would be on the 18 so we could attend. She actually promised my dd that it would be that day. Well I got the invite in the mail today and the date was the 11th. Called Aunt, she was like oh well. No real reason given. Told dd when she got home from school, she ended up in tears. DD looks forward to this party every year.

Oh well, tomorrow I have to get busy busy. Packing is something I do at the last minute

ticker reads 2 DAYS!!!:santa::santa:

We leave in 44 hours!!! Only two more sleeps- well more like one and a half, since we have to get up at 3am on Saturday am.

Seems we had a lot of haircuts and pedis lately on this board!:rotfl: We got my son's haircut last night and getting my pedi at lunch today. Finished packing last night......we are checking one bag, carrying on two small suitcases (one is toddler sized!) and two backpacks. plus stroller and booster seat will be checked (need seat for rental car).

and good news- anyone renting a car, be sure and go back and check for lower rates. We originally had booked a full size (like impala) through National (my preference as an Emerald Aisle customer) for $225 for the week. Yesterday, i checked the same exact reservation as a new one- and it went down to $200. I found another coupon and got it down to $157, saving almost $70!!! And all through national who isn't known to be the cheapest (but most convenient for us, no line/counter etc.). woo hoo! that's enough to pay for my TIW card! :wizard:

Getting so excited, so hard to function at work. Also booking another trip today----the social media moms trip registration opens today (invite only i believe) this afternoon- so hoping to get a spot for it- it is a fabulous deal- with a room for 3 nights at the GF and park hoppers (although we have APs) for a fantastic price (really really cheap, unbelievably cheap!). So we are heading back for 3 nights in March 17-20. I don't have enough vacation time to make it a longer trip (doing a mountain trip to Gatlinburg with family in June and WDW week in October), plus it is peak season and crowded, so i figure a brief taste is fine. i was shocked DH wanted to go back with me- i thought i might be going alone (since it is a conference). then we are back in October. so even when this trip is over and i am sad, at least i have something else to look forward too. definitely counting my blessings today.
Speaking of car rentals, anyone who is a member of AAA should check out rentals through them! I got a Hertz rental for my week for $109! Since it's only the two of us, we're getting an economy car, but other sizes are equally cheap! Some rental agencies are now charging for a second driver, even a spouse, and if you rent Hertz through AAA, they don't charge. Love to save me some dough!:cloud9:
Is anyone else having a problem with on-line check-in? It's not working for me right now.:confused: Thanks!:santa: April
I checked in around 9 AM, and didn't have any problems at all. :confused3

:banana::banana::cheer2::cheer2:

YEAH, such good news!!!!:santa::thumbsup2

I'm doing this free course online for fear of flying if anyone wants to do it too! FearofFlyinghelp.com
let us know how it goes- hope it helps some! i would definitely let the flight attendant know, it can't hurt. i hate flying too- but not scared, just hate it, all the business travel i've done in the past 15 years has just worn me out and it isn't even as much as a lot of people do.

We are doing the 2 day dance here :cool1::dance3::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:

Hair is cut bags are packed; now tomorrow to hit the bank and get a pedicure and I am ALL DONE! :banana:

Hope everyone has an amazing week I cannot wait to get out of here Saturday morning. :cheer2:
:banana: us too! pedi done just now! bank run done too. would tomorrow 5pm come already so i can be off work officially and just relax before our early early flight!??:laughing:

Hi all! 6 sleeps to go, unfortunately my mind has been focused on the nasty winter weather the last few days! :( DF and I spent a lot of time today clearing the roads near our house (all our neighbors must be waiting for the snow to melt!) and the weather is meant to improve over the weekend :yay:

Luv& pixie dust, Emma princess: x

EXWDWCM - I'm in that group of people that is going to Disney World 3 times over the next 9.5 months :lmao:. I started planning a trip with my fiance and best friends back in February for next September. Then March rolled around and I stared missing my late husband and daughter (they were killed by a drunk driver in 2008.) I realized I didn't want to be home for the holidays because it would be way to hard emotionally. So, I talked DF into taking a trip to Disney for Christmas. I'd never been during Christmas and I wanted to experience it. Then I got to thinking about "Well, I'm finishing college in March. I've been in school for 5 years. I want to do something to celebrate. What should we do? Oh I know! Let's go back to Disney! :lmao:.

3 Disney trips in 9.5 months. My poor DF after I started making all these arrangement was like, "Um, can we NOT go to Disney in 2012?" **gasps** to keep him from NEVER letting me go ever again, I agreed. I told him we could take 2012 off but I wanted to go back in the beginning of December of 2013 for Christmasy Disney. This way we both got what we wanted. I get Disney around Christmas again. He gets a almost 2 year break from Disney and we'll be home before Christmas that year. :lmao:. The art of compromise..

Poor DH lost his cousin to cancer the night before last and I felt so bad for him. They were close, the families grew up together, but we live too far away now to be able to get back for the funeral at this point. His workload is crazy (sound familiar, Katie?) and the boss is in a weird mood, I guess, so DH didn't want to ask!

DD just got accepted to her first choice college, so she's all excited and now we have to wade through the FAFSA - she's playing basketball for them, so she got a great offer - 1/2 off tuition and board, but we still have to come up with the rest - ugh.

So, sad news and exciting news. Hard to catch our breath in between - we're in the teens now, can't believe it! Really need to get organized now!!!

Zuzu I am so sorry about your DH's cousin.

Katie, I'm so glad your DH is getting the vacation time!

My son is now excited about the Contemporary. :yay: And he can't wait to go. One of his favorite things in Disney is Tom Sawyer Island. Since DH doesn't "do" rides, maybe he'll take him there and I can nap.:laughing:

Zuzu I am so sorry about your DH's cousin.

Katie, I'm so glad your DH is getting the vacation time!

My son is now excited about the Contemporary. :yay: And he can't wait to go. One of his favorite things in Disney is Tom Sawyer Island. Since DH doesn't "do" rides, maybe he'll take him there and I can nap.:laughing:

Thanks, Bearybear! I love Tom Sawyer's island! I haven't been there since DD was really young - may have to check it out again! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter