Official 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games thread!

Aack!!

I didn't realize the Olympics would be on tonight!

Since it's NBC (& they enjoy broadcasting stuff after the fact), I thought they wouldn't show any of the competitions until after the Opening Ceremony.

I just turned it on - 9:00 pm (est). Have I missed much?

Bob Costas said at the beginning of the broadcast that his left eye was swollen shut this morning. He saw the doctor and has some type of infection that should be cleared up by the weekend.

I have been watching the past 50 minutes of tonights first telecast and I have two observations....

1) No one says/yells triple axel like Scott Hamilton! You know its a major achievement when he gets excited...I still prefer Dick Butkus but I am old school and actually remember Peggy Fleming winning her gold medal.

2) Has Bob Costas ever warn glasses before on TV? I ask because I actually think he is wearing them (besides possibly needing them) because he has had way to much botox in his forehead. His left eyelid is drooping and eyelid droop is the main side effect of botox injections. When he was talking to the two reporters about the Russian gov't and Putin, his eyebrows and forehead never moved. They tried to move but it just never happened..:)

MsAmerica

Love when Scott Hamilton gets excited! :rotfl:

Bob Costas has an eye infection, but I have seen him wear glasses on the air in the past.

Am I the only one who thinks it is so strange to watch the Olympics without seeing the opening ceremonies?

Am I the only one who thinks it is so strange to watch the Olympics without seeing the opening ceremonies?

Me. I thought that's what we were going to be watching tonight. I'm feeling a little confused :upsidedow.

Did anyone see the Japanese male skater that came in first tonight? His performance was amazing but my teenagers said he was the Japanese version of Napolian Dynamite!!:rotfl: I wish I had a picture to post!

I thought the Canadian pairs team was very very good. The Japanese skater was amazing. I am guessing the Russian pairs team are supposed to be Cinderella and her Prince.

I thought the Canadian pairs team was very very good. The Japanese skater was amazing. I am guessing the Russian pairs team are supposed to be Cinderella and her Prince.

I liked the Russians but I thought the Canadians were amazing. Just so smooth and they really seemed to have a connection. I think you are right about the Russian costumes..we thought the same thing.

I thought the Russian pairs team was powerful, but the Canadians were just beautiful. They brought tears to my eyes.

The Canadian pairs team was pure magic! The Russian team was technically amazing and I see how they deserved the highest marks. But, our whole family enjoyed the Canadians' program much more for some reason.
We loved the Japanese male skater too.

Not really into these games but have the TV on in the background at the moment, so may as well watch some of the opening ceremonies....Good Luck to all!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter