Official 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games thread!

Seriously, the US outfits look like ugly christmas sweaters. Or 4th of July sweaters, really. And the giant POLO, right up on the neck? Yuck.

Anyone else notice the audience basically has glow with show medals around their necks? Looks great! I wonder you owns that technology.

lovegrumpy said:
I loved watching everyone last night but it was so strange watching them without watching the opening ceremony first. Can't wait for tonight. My 16 year old son is so excited for hockey to start. He plans on watching everything with me but speed skating and ice skating. Told him he is messing out on speed skating.

Sorry but the only team winning there is team Holland all the way

declansdad said:
It's all about the evolution of Russia.
Yes, I get that is the theory. In reality, why is Tron putting together a mechano set? Lol!

Interesting that the Russian speaker talked about the inclusion and diversity of the Games.

On a different note- there was a thwarted plane hijacking attempt within the past hour. It was headed to Sochi and reports are that there was a bomb on board. Scary, scary times..

Interesting that the Russian speaker talked about the inclusion and diversity of the Games.

On a different note- there was a thwarted plane hijacking attempt within the past hour. It was headed to Sochi and reports are that there was a bomb on board. Scary, scary times..

Yes the hijacker sounds like the brain trust of the terrorist movement.

Seriously, the US outfits look like ugly christmas sweaters. Or 4th of July sweaters, really. And the giant POLO, right up on the neck? Yuck.

I was thinking the same thing...but at least they were colourful...too many countries had really blah outfits.

The Opening Ceremonies are one of the only things we'd prefer to watch on tape delay (and DVR). That way, we can skim through most of the stuff and just hit highlights that we would like to see. You can only watch so many countries parade in until it gets mind numbing.

The Opening Ceremonies are one of the only things we'd prefer to watch on tape delay (and DVR). That way, we can skim through most of the stuff and just hit highlights that we would like to see. You can only watch so many countries parade in until it gets mind numbing.

Doesn't NBC do that for you with their prime time coverage? :happytv:

Doing final prep on dinner for the Opening Ceremonies tonight. I have rye bread rising, pierogis and borscht chilling before adding the final ingredients.

Ok the menu is more Eastern European than Russian but I am doing what I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter