Official 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games thread!

Little over an hour to the until the Opening Ceremonies; they're suppose to be 3 hours long.

They start here in 15 mins...

I have a friend in Fla who cannot find them on TV? Anyone tell me what network?

Thanks!

They start here in 15 mins... I have a friend in Fla who cannot find them on TV? Anyone tell me what network? Thanks!

We won't get them until prime time tonight. I need to find some place online showing them. Anyone have suggestions?

I have an unblocker and was on this site. it seems to freeze a lot. grrr Looks like I will have to wait until 730 tonight :-(

I have been streaming yesterday and for the last 35 minutes and I have had no problems at all.

I loved watching everyone last night but it was so strange watching them without watching the opening ceremony first. Can't wait for tonight. My 16 year old son is so excited for hockey to start. He plans on watching everything with me but speed skating and ice skating. Told him he is messing out on speed skating.

Curled up under a blanket with my coffee waiting for the opening ceremonies to start. Hope you manage to get the feed working thedonduck...they start at 11:14 eastern (2014 hrs in Russia).

They just showed the pre-show entertainment and the police choir in uniform was singing Daf Punk 'Get Lucky'...very bizarre to see.

I loved watching everyone last night but it was so strange watching them without watching the opening ceremony first. Can't wait for tonight. My 16 year old son is so excited for hockey to start. He plans on watching everything with me but speed skating and ice skating. Told him he is messing out on speed skating.

If you get him to watch short track speed skating for a few minutes, he'll be hooked.

I wish I understood Russian! I've been spoiled by the London and Vancouver Olympics recently. Lol!

Pretty sure someone's being sent to be Siberia over that malfunctioning snowflake.

Sorry I am coming late to this thread, but why did the competition start last night/yesterday, before the Opening Ceremonies?

That seems totally bizarre to me.

We usually just watch the NBC synopsis version at night. I know we are missing a lot, but we don't have time to watch the streaming versions during the day - too busy at work.

Not interested in the Opening/Closing Ceremonies (boring).
We love the athletics and the competition, but not the weirdness.

I mostly only watch the opening and closing ceremonies...very little of the games.

:confused3

Sorry I am coming late to this thread, but why did the competition start last night/yesterday, before the Opening Ceremonies? That seems totally bizarre to me.

We usually just watch the NBC synopsis version at night. I know we are missing a lot, but we don't have time to watch the streaming versions during the day - too busy at work.

Not interested in the Opening/Closing Ceremonies (boring).
We love the athletics and the competition, but not the weirdness.

There are so many new events at these games that they had to start the competition before the opening ceremonies.

I think. :bitelip:

There are so many new events at these games that they had to start the competition before the opening ceremonies.

I think. :bitelip:

They were the qualification rounds and early rounds of mostly new sports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter