NEW! Disney PhotoPass+ arriving April 4, 2012

I always buy the CM pic and a few ride pics. I am super happy to hear that I can get all my dining pics in that cute little folder and on my photopass. Which I already did do anyways with the code ;) But not having to shell out another $30 is awesome!
I am sold with the photopass plus!!! There are so many ride pics that are cute but I wont pay $20 for. Now I am getting them all!!
The only thing I didnt like was not beign able to pre order. I would hate to have to go to the parks adn find a viewing station to buy first. I like going to the park and getting pics done. I am just going to go to the viewign station at AKL and then to the parks. The only one I know of is the one in Epcot anyways.

This has probably been asked before so forgive me, but if I prepurchase at $120 and upgrade upon arrival, am I going to have to pay $80 more? Or do I still reap any savings by pre-purchasing? It seems like upgrading could be a headache (I guess we will find out as more people try to do it whether or not it is a pain or not) compared to just paying for the whole thing in one shot if there are no savings to be had.

We will DEFINITELY be purchasing, regardless. I've always thought that PhotoPass was a bargain. And I always want ALL the meal photos and ALL the ride photos but I don't want to pay for them so this is AWESOME! We have ADRs at CM, 1900 Park Fare, CRT, Akershus and Ohana. Pretty pumped to get all the pics on our CD! :)

Also, WHERE is the PhotoPass kiosk at Downtown Disney??? We are not going into a park on arrival day but we are staying at POR and plan to grab a boat over there and that's when I plan to purchase. The map that I'm looking at isn't very helpful. And is it a kiosk? Or an actual shop? I'm confused. :)

Also, WHERE is the PhotoPass kiosk at Downtown Disney??? We are not going into a park on arrival day but we are staying at POR and plan to grab a boat over there and that's when I plan to purchase. The map that I'm looking at isn't very helpful. And is it a kiosk? Or an actual shop? I'm confused. :)
It is located inside across from guest relations in marketplace in between team mickey and Arbras bros store. does that help you any?

It is located inside across from guest relations in marketplace in between team mickey and Arbras bros store. does that help you any?

Yup, that makes perfect sense to me. Last time I was there, I wasn't looking for it so just didn't notice it, I guess. Thanks!

Yup, that makes perfect sense to me. Last time I was there, I wasn't looking for it so just didn't notice it, I guess. Thanks!
It seems like I spent fair amount of time in that area last trip so I noticed it but if it's later at night or quiet you do not notice it easily.

I hear ya. You do get some great shots, but they should almost all be good shots, they use digital cameras they can't see that they took bad pics? I'm just sayin'. For $150 they should check the pics after they've taken them. I'll stick with the regular CD, and just get pics of characters when they come to the table at meal time.

I am new to photopass and pre-ordered the PP CD. Am I understnading this right- The meal pics in the PP+ are just the greeting pictures? You can get the table pics with the regular photopass cd?

I am new to photopass and pre-ordered the PP CD. Am I understnading this right- The meal pics in the PP+ are just the greeting pictures? You can get the table pics with the regular photopass cd?

As far as I know the greeting pictures are the only pictures included in photopass, period. I've never had a photopass photographer come to our table along with the characters.

<<< You do get some great shots, but they should almost all be good shots, they use digital cameras they can't see that they took bad pics? I'm just sayin'. For $150 they should check the pics after they've taken them. >>>>

Just wondering how sharing the card would work if my family is split up doing different things? Is it like regular photopass cards where you can add more than one card to an account, or are you using a specific card for ride and dining photos? My situation is that DD and I will be at CRT while DH and my 2 DS will be on attractions. Would DD and I be able to get our CRT photo on our card at the same time that DH can get the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin photo on his card? Thanks!

Just wondering how sharing the card would work if my family is split up doing different things? Is it like regular photopass cards where you can add more than one card to an account, or are you using a specific card for ride and dining photos? My situation is that DD and I will be at CRT while DH and my 2 DS will be on attractions. Would DD and I be able to get our CRT photo on our card at the same time that DH can get the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin photo on his card? Thanks!

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to collect multiple regular photopass cards (after all, those are "free"). You just have to add the numbers to your account before you order your actual cd. So you should be able to take the one "Photopass Plus" card to CRT and have DH get a regular card from a photopass photographer. KWIM?

Never mind. The answer was on the first post. No, we'll only get 1 photopass+ card, so I guess DD and I will get the card.

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to collect multiple regular photopass cards (after all, those are "free"). You just have to add the numbers to your account before you order your actual cd. So you should be able to take the one "Photopass Plus" card to CRT and have DH get a regular card from a photopass photographer. KWIM?

Thanks for the response. Yes, DH can get a regular photopass card, but won't be able to use it for attraction photos.

The pictures you get at CRT come with a code in the margin you can enter into photopass to add these pictures to your account, so you shouldn't need your photopass + card. In fact all the chracter meals were like this, you just had to buy the pictures to be able to add them. I would give the card to your DH.

The pictures you get at CRT come with a code in the margin you can enter into photopass to add these pictures to your account, so you shouldn't need your photopass + card. In fact all the chracter meals were like this, you just had to buy the pictures to be able to add them. I would give the card to your DH.

Yes, this might work... I wasn't aware there was a code on the photo.

How much do the meal pictures normally run you?

I have CM, Tusker House and Garden Grill (which I don't see listed)

I'm trying to see if this would be worth it, I'm a picture nut but it may be cheaper for me to pay as I go...

I have a 2.5 yr old, so the only ride photo we would consider getting is TSM.

Does anyone know of a site where you can view samples of the various photo packages? I've seen lots from the character meet & greets but not really of the various restaurant locations such as Chef Mickey, 'Ohana, Spirit of Aloha, etc. I found out that Pirate's League and Bibbity Bobbity are NOT included so I'm trying to figure out if it would be worthwhile for us to upgrade.

This may have already been said(I didn't got through all the pages in this thread) but BBB was included in the $99.95 pre-purchased regular Photopass so I can not image that they would not include it in photopass+. Last year we prepurchased the CD and my niece did BBB. Right after we were done they sent us to a photo studio in DTD and did a completely photo session for her. Every photo from that session was added to my Photopass card at no additional charge.

This may have already been said(I didn't got through all the pages in this thread) but BBB was included in the $99.95 pre-purchased regular Photopass so I can not image that they would not include it in photopass+. Last year we prepurchased the CD and my niece did BBB. Right after we were done they sent us to a photo studio in DTD and did a completely photo session for her. Every photo from that session was added to my Photopass card at no additional charge.

Yes, I saw on the Photopass Facebook page that they added BBB but still not the Pirate's League. We're only going to 3 of the character meals on the list and although normally don't get ride photos those would be nice to have. We've pre-purchased the CD but the only way we could justify the $100 upgrade would be if they decided to include The Pirate's League. Without it it's just not worth the added cost for us since we'd still have to get TPL photo package on top of that.

Yes, I saw on the Photopass Facebook page that they added BBB but still not the Pirate's League. We're only going to 3 of the character meals on the list and although normally don't get ride photos those would be nice to have. We've pre-purchased the CD but the only way we could justify the $100 upgrade would be if they decided to include The Pirate's League. Without it it's just not worth the added cost for us since we'd still have to get TPL photo package on top of that.

I would also like for them to include Pirates League as we have 4 of our little ones doing it this year. Do you know if someone specifically asked the question on the FP page and was told no?

How much do the meal pictures normally run you?

I have CM, Tusker House and Garden Grill (which I don't see listed)

I'm trying to see if this would be worth it, I'm a picture nut but it may be cheaper for me to pay as I go...

I have a 2.5 yr old, so the only ride photo we would consider getting is TSM.

The photo package at Chef Mickeys was about $35 or so on our last trip. The photos have a code on them that you can use to add the picture to your PhotoPass CD, but you have to purchase the photo package in order to get the code. I'm a picture nut too so I know where you're coming from!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter