NEW! Disney PhotoPass+ arriving April 4, 2012

LucyBC80

Donald Duck #1
NEW! Disney PhotoPass+ arriving April 4, 2012 to Walt Disney World Resort.

Capture more memories than ever with Disney PhotoPass+! With Disney PhotoPass+ you can have all your Disney’s PhotoPass Photographer photos PLUS select Attraction photos AND Dining Print Packages – All for one price.
Product Details:
PhotoPass+ will be sold at PhotoPass view stations located throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.
With PhotoPass+ you will have digital files of all your PhotoPass photos, Attraction photos, and Dining photos taken within a 14 day visit to Walt Disney as well as Print Packages at select Dining locations.
Once you arrive home from your vacation, you can view your photos and order a PhotoCD with all the high resolution photos plus a limited license agreement, which allows you to print photos at any local photo processing center.
Participating Attractions:
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Rock ‘n Roller Coaster
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Participating Character Dining Locations:
1900 Park Fare
Ohana (Breakfast only)
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
Chef Mickey’s
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Tusker House Restaurant (Breakfast only)
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Disney PhotoPass+ Includes:
PhotoPass+ Card and Lanyard
A gallery CD with over 400 stock photos
A unique code to create and order a PhotoCD with all your photos online at DisneyPhotoPass.com
Print Packages at select Dining locations
Digital Downloads of select Attractions
All for $199.95

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. I pre-purchased a PhotoCD online before my vacation, can I upgrade to PhotoPass+?
R. Yes, if you pre-purchased a PhotoCD online before your trip you may upgrade your PhotoCD to PhotoPass+ at PhotoPass view stations throughout the Walt Disney World Parks, Downtown Disney, and select Resorts. You will need the name, phone number, and email address that was used to purchase the PhotoCD.

Q. Can I pre-order PhotoPass+?
R. At this time PhotoPass+ will only be available for purchase at the PhotoPass View Stations located throughout Walt Disney World and is not available online or for pre-purchase.

Q. I have a large family—how many PhotoPass+ cards will I receive?
R. Only one PhotoPass+ card will be provided with each purchase. However, multiple PhotoPass cards can be accumulated during your visit, and all of those photos can be added to your account. In order to receive your Attraction and Dining photos, the PhotoPass+ card holder must be present at the time of photo capture.

Q. PhotoPass+ is not the right product for me at this time. Will the PhotoCD still be available for purchase?
R. Yes – if you decide that PhotoPass+ is not the right product for you at this time, you can still purchase the PhotoCD.

Q. Can I add attraction and dining photos that were taken before I purchased PhotoPass+?
R. Unfortunately we cannot add photos previously taken to the PhotoPass+ product. Only photos taken within the 14 day window, which begins on the date of purchase, will be included in your PhotoPass+ package and available for you to add to your PhotoCD.
Source: Facebook

Not a fan of the price, but I like the idea. Of course, the ride pricing now is expensive. It looks like it will be approx. $70 more than the photo CD.

At least this gives me something new to debate with myself before our trip in June. Should I or shouldn't I?

Look's like even if you pre-purchase you pay the whole 199. I would think you would just pay the difference between the 199 and what the cd would cost.

There is currently no pre-buy on the PhotoPass+ it has to be bought in the park.

My biggest question is if I'm still going to get my photo package at CRT? And if I decide to get the + does that mean I get 2 packages?

oops...just posted about this myself. I am also interested in knowing if you get an additional photo package for CRT. I have already pre-ordered my CD/Book for our Oct trip. Not sure I will be upgrading or not- right now the only other participating ADR we have is Chef Mickey's. I will definitely be looking for people's experience with it between now and Oct.

Christine

I plan to upgrade on May 4th when we go. We pre-purchased our cd and I would love to have the ride photos plus the dinner pictures on there as well.

So if we ride Splash Mountain 3-4 times during 1 day would we be able to get each picture? That would definetly be worth it. Our first photo isnt always best. ;)

This is a great idea. I am not sure why it took Disney so long to think of it. The price is a bit steep but I have always wanted to get all of our ride photos added I think we will be purchasing this one.

SO let me get this straight you have to pay the full 200 at the park for photopass plus? plus i think its a better deal this way i just did some ball park figures for the ride photos and character dinning the cost that you would pay out of pocket exceeds the 200 for the photopass plus i think i ma gona do it, hopefully

So let me see if I got this straight. I pre-purchased the photo cd and the book for $149.99. All I have to pay is an extra $50. to get the photopass+ am I correct?

For me, it is definitely not worth it. The ride photos, while fun to look at on the screen, are never really anything I want to keep. We PhotoPass our TT photos, but after the kids look at them once, they're over it. As for the dining photos, we always have the CM use our personal camera for those photos after they've done the "official" one, and we don't do CRT so we'd be just paying for photos that we can either already get or don't have much interest in.

I'll be interested to see how everyone else feels about it after it's cycled through for a while!

So let me see if I got this straight. I pre-purchased the photo cd and the book for $149.99. All I have to pay is an extra $50. to get the photopass+ am I correct?

Would like to know as well. That'd be excellent if it work this way.

EDIT: Just found this in one of their answers. Good price IMO.

You would pay the difference between the 99.95 you paid for the PhotoCD (of the $150, $99.95 are allocated to the PhotoCD) and the price of PhotoPass+.

I don't see that the Photopass+ includes a book, and what you bought included the book. So I doubt you'd get credit for what you paid for that. I'm betting your upgrade will be more. (Probably the difference between the current CD only and photopass+, or maybe even the difference between the price of CD only at the time you purchased it and the price of Photopass+)

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this can only be purchased at Disney instead of online before you arrive?

By the way, Disney PhotoPass has answered a lot of the questions asked here on their facebook page. You have to read through all the comments though to link the question with the appropriate answer. Hope that helps!

I don't see that the Photopass+ includes a book, and what you bought included the book. So I doubt you'd get credit for what you paid for that. I'm betting your upgrade will be more. (Probably the difference between the current CD only and photopass+, or maybe even the difference between the price of CD only at the time you purchased it and the price of Photopass+)

For people who have pre-purchased the PhotoPass CD and Photo Book package (per the Disney PhotoPass facebook page):

You would pay the difference between the 99.95 you paid for the PhotoCD (of the $150, $99.95 are allocated to the PhotoCD) and the price of PhotoPass+. If you have any other questions regarding your specific transaction feel free to contact Guest Support.

Did anyone else notice that they eliminated the option of sharing with a group on this one? You can add as many regular Photopass cards to your account as you want, but you only get ONE PHotopass+ card and that one has to be used at dining and attraction photo options.

I did the pre-order book and cd for $149. Since we're doing 3 of the character meals listed, I think it will be worth it to pay $100 for the upgrade as long as I can get all my images and the 400 stock photos on cd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter