NEW! Disney PhotoPass+ arriving April 4, 2012

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by LucyBC80, Apr 3, 2012.

1. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

Source: Facebook

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. graceesmom

graceesmom DIS Veteran

Not a fan of the price, but I like the idea. Of course, the ride pricing now is expensive. It looks like it will be approx. $70 more than the photo CD.

At least this gives me something new to debate with myself before our trip in June. Should I or shouldn't I?

4. Pine View

Pine View Mouseketeer

Look's like even if you pre-purchase you pay the whole 199. I would think you would just pay the difference between the 199 and what the cd would cost.

5. navywifetill2002

navywifetill2002 Mouseketeer

There is currently no pre-buy on the PhotoPass+ it has to be bought in the park.

My biggest question is if I'm still going to get my photo package at CRT? And if I decide to get the + does that mean I get 2 packages?

6. scrappinmom1

scrappinmom1 Earning My Ears

oops...just posted about this myself. I am also interested in knowing if you get an additional photo package for CRT. I have already pre-ordered my CD/Book for our Oct trip. Not sure I will be upgrading or not- right now the only other participating ADR we have is Chef Mickey's. I will definitely be looking for people's experience with it between now and Oct.

Christine

7. budafam

budafam DIS Veteran

I plan to upgrade on May 4th when we go. We pre-purchased our cd and I would love to have the ride photos plus the dinner pictures on there as well.

8. Disneymom3304

Disneymom3304 Planning our next Disney Vacation...

So if we ride Splash Mountain 3-4 times during 1 day would we be able to get each picture? That would definetly be worth it. Our first photo isnt always best. ;)

9. rafiki14

rafiki14 DIS Veteran

I love this idea, I think it's great. But I just can't justify the $200. :confused3

10. RllngRckBrw

RllngRckBrw DIS Veteran

This is a great idea. I am not sure why it took Disney so long to think of it. The price is a bit steep but I have always wanted to get all of our ride photos added I think we will be purchasing this one.

11. DAZY3BYZ

DAZY3BYZ DIS Veteran

Same here. I am all about photos and have always gotten the photopass cd but that price is just scary. :eek: I couldn't justify it.

12. tinksgilrs251520

tinksgilrs251520 I want to be at WDW

SO let me get this straight you have to pay the full 200 at the park for photopass plus? plus i think its a better deal this way i just did some ball park figures for the ride photos and character dinning the cost that you would pay out of pocket exceeds the 200 for the photopass plus i think i ma gona do it, hopefully

13. Disneygirl 792

Disneygirl 792 Mouseketeer

So let me see if I got this straight. I pre-purchased the photo cd and the book for $149.99. All I have to pay is an extra $50. to get the photopass+ am I correct?

14. CapnJacksGirl

CapnJacksGirl Mom to two little scalliwags!

For me, it is definitely not worth it. The ride photos, while fun to look at on the screen, are never really anything I want to keep. We PhotoPass our TT photos, but after the kids look at them once, they're over it. As for the dining photos, we always have the CM use our personal camera for those photos after they've done the "official" one, and we don't do CRT so we'd be just paying for photos that we can either already get or don't have much interest in.

I'll be interested to see how everyone else feels about it after it's cycled through for a while!

15. monkee04

monkee04 Bow Ties Are Cool!

Would like to know as well. That'd be excellent if it work this way.

EDIT: Just found this in one of their answers. Good price IMO.

16. ses1230

ses1230 DIS Veteran

17. mom2rtk

mom2rtk My, what red cheeks you have, Santa!

I don't see that the Photopass+ includes a book, and what you bought included the book. So I doubt you'd get credit for what you paid for that. I'm betting your upgrade will be more. (Probably the difference between the current CD only and photopass+, or maybe even the difference between the price of CD only at the time you purchased it and the price of Photopass+)

18. DisneyDreamingInMI

DisneyDreamingInMI Mouseketeer

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this can only be purchased at Disney instead of online before you arrive?

By the way, Disney PhotoPass has answered a lot of the questions asked here on their facebook page. You have to read through all the comments though to link the question with the appropriate answer. Hope that helps!

19. DisneyDreamingInMI

DisneyDreamingInMI Mouseketeer

For people who have pre-purchased the PhotoPass CD and Photo Book package (per the Disney PhotoPass facebook page):

You would pay the difference between the 99.95 you paid for the PhotoCD (of the $150, $99.95 are allocated to the PhotoCD) and the price of PhotoPass+. If you have any other questions regarding your specific transaction feel free to contact Guest Support.

20. CapnJacksGirl

CapnJacksGirl Mom to two little scalliwags!

Did anyone else notice that they eliminated the option of sharing with a group on this one? You can add as many regular Photopass cards to your account as you want, but you only get ONE PHotopass+ card and that one has to be used at dining and attraction photo options.

21. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

I did the pre-order book and cd for $149. Since we're doing 3 of the character meals listed, I think it will be worth it to pay $100 for the upgrade as long as I can get all my images and the 400 stock photos on cd.