• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New 8/25. The trip that never was.

1. What do the Little Einsteins travel in?
Rocket
2. Where can you find the place where "the birds all sing and the flowers bloom"?
In The Enchanted Tiki Room
3.Name three Disney animated movies , not including sequels, with numbers in the title.
Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs, 101 Dalmatians, The Three Caballeros
4.Name all the WDW resorts the Resorts Monorail makes stops at.
The Polynesian, The Grand Floridian, the Contemporary
5.What year did the Mickey Mouse Club debut?
6.In High School Musical, what is the name of the winter musical that the Drama Club is preparing for?
Twinkle Towne
7.What is the fictional town that Handy Manny lives in?
Sheetrock Hills
8.If you were on an attraction at Walt Disney World that takes you on a scenic flight over California, what park would you be in?
Epcot
9.if you pop it...then lock it...then polka dot it...and finally hip-hop it just after you countrify it, what step would you find yourself doing next?
Hip, Hop, Hip. Put your arms in the sky, move side to side.
10. (is was a picture- it's of the birds outside of Nemo) What do the animals in the following pictures say?
Mine!Mine!Mine!
Bonus: What was the name of the 1992 television series which featured Goofy in it?
Goof Troop

Whaaaaat? do our trips overlap...please say they do!!!!!!!
either 1/30 - 2/6 or 2/6 - 2/13 trying to figure out which will be less crowded. also hoping and praying for the buy 4 get 3 deal again. some sites are saying it is coming back as a rumor.

I can't wait to try Boma - next Tuesday:yay:
bragger. :lmao:

Kat your adr's look great. Nice pics of the store.

2154750620070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

Hey Jordan-aren't you proud? I didn't even ask him to do it. I swear he can't take a normal picture- EVER!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Then we decided to go on the search for one of the only things I have never seen in Central Park- The Alice in Wonderland Statue. After reading punkin's TR i really knew I had to see it.

We found it!

2482867370070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

What a lovely afternoon!

Thanks for sharing... its been forever since I've been to Central Park!!
We have such lovely things to see and do right in our own backyards!

Kathy

Thanks Kat for those pics of the WoD store!!!! They were great!! I love hearing all of the info behind the scenes!! Thanks again!

Loved the Central Park pics too! The Alice statue is interesting. Makes me wish the Johnny Depp Alice in Wonderland was coming out sooner than it's scheduled!!

Hi...don't remember from whose PTR/TR I followed :rotfl:, but I'm in popcorn::

Thanks for sharing the pics of the WoD store...I remember going there years ago, such a shame it's closing.

:yay: on your ADRs!!

Hi Kat !!! I just reread and have to add I wanna try the Strawbery soup at 1900!! Everyone else says YUK !! But to me it sounds GOOD!!!

The Strawberry Soup at 1900 is really good and I don't even like strawberries!

Thank you for the pictures from Central Park. You know I'v never been to the zoo part - I've gone to concerts at the park, I've been in th park but never the zoo. I'm going to have to get there and, of course, visit the store!

My next outing to NYC is not until November (gig at the Beacon), but I need to find my way here. I usually go in, do what I gotta and then get out. :goodvibes

F.Y.I. Still trying to update my rotating ticker to include our DIS-meet, but MickeyPath is not cooperating tonight! :headache:

Kathy

either 1/30 - 2/6 or 2/6 - 2/13 trying to figure out which will be less crowded. also hoping and praying for the buy 4 get 3 deal again. some sites are saying it is coming back as a rumor.

bragger. :lmao:

Kat your adr's look great. Nice pics of the store.

Thanks! You need to come by and visit!

What a lovely afternoon!

Thanks for sharing... its been forever since I've been to Central Park!!
We have such lovely things to see and do right in our own backyards!

Kathy

I am trying to take advantage of living here, we made a whole list of places to go and things to see over the summer.

Thanks Kat for those pics of the WoD store!!!! They were great!! I love hearing all of the info behind the scenes!! Thanks again!

Loved the Central Park pics too! The Alice statue is interesting. Makes me wish the Johnny Depp Alice in Wonderland was coming out sooner than it's scheduled!!

That movie looks so neat- I can't wait!

Hi...don't remember from whose PTR/TR I followed :rotfl:, but I'm in popcorn::

Thanks for sharing the pics of the WoD store...I remember going there years ago, such a shame it's closing.

:yay: on your ADRs!!

Thanks for coming and reading along!!!!

Hi Kat !!! I just reread and have to add I wanna try the Strawbery soup at 1900!! Everyone else says YUK !! But to me it sounds GOOD!!!

The Strawberry Soup is amazing! Well it was amazing in 2007 so hopefully they haven't changed it! :thumbsup2

We did dinner and breakfast at 1900 before and they had the strawberry soup both times- sooooo good!

The Strawberry Soup at 1900 is really good and I don't even like strawberries!

Thank you for the pictures from Central Park. You know I'v never been to the zoo part - I've gone to concerts at the park, I've been in th park but never the zoo. I'm going to have to get there and, of course, visit the store!

My next outing to NYC is not until November (gig at the Beacon), but I need to find my way here. I usually go in, do what I gotta and then get out. :goodvibes

I am finding theres a lot of the park i haven't seen either, and need to change that soon! The Alice statue is really easy to find actually, lemme know when you're going and I'll explain where to go in.

F.Y.I. Still trying to update my rotating ticker to include our DIS-meet, but MickeyPath is not cooperating tonight! :headache:

Kathy

LOL it's the thought that counts right?! ;)

One more ADR added to the list....

Afternoon tea @ The Grand Floridian!!!

I booked it for 2:10pm the Sunday afternoon we are there. it's a just girls event. I am sending the boys off to drink beer at Big River while we have tea! I'm so excited!

I booked it for 2:10pm the Sunday afternoon we are there. it's a just girls event. I am sending the boys off to drink beer at Big River while we have tea! I'm so excited!

Yea for tea! You'll have a fab time! :goodvibes

I'm going to attempt it while there in December.

Wed Oct 28th- 4:05 pm @ The Plaza
Thurs Oct 29th - 12 noon @ Sci Fi Dine In Theater
Sunday Nov 1st - 8:55pm @ Boma
Mon Nov 2nd - 9am @ 1900 Park Fare

I have to call to make the tea reservation apparently but it can wait till i find out of L wants to do it. I used the online system both time with no trouble!
Great choices :thumbsup2

We stopped at a bench a ways past the zoo. KC had gone to subway and got 2 sandwiches and we shared them and people watched. It was a beautiful afternoon.
:rotfl2: When I first read this I thought you meant people watched you share your sandwiches!

As always Kat, I love reading and seeing your pictures of NYC. I do want to go there one day. My niece and SIL went there for the second time this weekend and are having a great time. How long have you lived there?

Hi Kat! I just found your PTR this morning. It's so cool that you are a cast member at the WOD store. I worked at the local Disney Store in college back when Disney still owned them - that was when I really fell in love with Disney. :lovestruc It's so sad that the WOD store is closing though.

You picked two great resorts. I really want to stay at ASMovies someday and DH and I stayed at AKL when it first opened about 8 years ago and it is gorgeous!

I can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

Yea for tea! You'll have a fab time! :goodvibes

I'm going to attempt it while there in December.

I am really psyched about it, esp it being a girls only thing!Plus the food looks yummy!

Great choices :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: When I first read this I thought you meant people watched you share your sandwiches!

As always Kat, I love reading and seeing your pictures of NYC. I do want to go there one day. My niece and SIL went there for the second time this weekend and are having a great time. How long have you lived there?

LOL ! Maybe soem people saw us eating and watched- who knows! LOL.
I grew up on Long Island but moved to various places in the 5 boroughs for about 10 years. I really do love living here and want to take more advantage of it.

Hi Kat! I just found your PTR this morning. It's so cool that you are a cast member at the WOD store. I worked at the local Disney Store in college back when Disney still owned them - that was when I really fell in love with Disney. :lovestruc It's so sad that the WOD store is closing though.

You picked two great resorts. I really want to stay at ASMovies someday and DH and I stayed at AKL when it first opened about 8 years ago and it is gorgeous!

I can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

Hi! :welcome: Thanks for reading along! I am really hoping a Disney store comes back to NYC after wards and I can get a job there! I would love to stay working for Disney! I am really excited about Movies! DH LOVES Fantasia so I am requesting those buildings. And AKL is one of my top 3 dream resorts for sure!

sounds nice and relaxing :)

:upsidedow

Morning Kat !!! The afternoon tea is on my list to do one day !! I have been to a few locally and love them !! So I am sure Disney will make it really MAGIC!!!

OK DISers....

The ADRs are planned. I'm mostly good with park days (itinerary coming soon).

We did decide to add one more thing tho...last night KC decided he didn't care what t For The Senses was and he wants to do it! I'm turning him to the dark side slowly but surely!. So hopefully I will be booking that by the end of the week, as well as the plane tickets.

So what do I need help with??

I think I wanna surprise KC with something. Things have been tense here lately and stressed to say the least. I wanna do something he will not know about until we get there.

What should it be?????

It has to be on Sat or Sun because thats when L will be with us, so if I can plan something for just KC & I, I don't feel bad leaving Pants alone- he can hang with L.

Suggestions?????

I need to keep it to a minimum as far as cost goes, sicne the PFTS is lots o' cash!

OK DISers....

The ADRs are planned. I'm mostly good with park days (itinerary coming soon).

We did decide to add one more thing tho...last night KC decided he didn't care what t For The Senses was and he wants to do it! I'm turning him to the dark side slowly but surely!. So hopefully I will be booking that by the end of the week, as well as the plane tickets.

So what do I need help with??

I think I wanna surprise KC with something. Things have been tense here lately and stressed to say the least. I wanna do something he will not know about until we get there.

What should it be?????

It has to be on Sat or Sun because thats when L will be with us, so if I can plan something for just KC & I, I don't feel bad leaving Pants alone- he can hang with L.

Suggestions?????

I need to keep it to a minimum as far as cost goes, sicne the PFTS is lots o' cash!

PFTS? For The Senses? :confused: Am I missing something?

Something special at the parks? At a resort? Romantic or fun?

Perhaps a .....

Behind The Seeds tour? I think it's $16? Or another of the special tours?

Maybe a photography session at a resort? I'm not too sure what the exact cost would be....or the special AKL tours?

PFTS? For The Senses? :confused: Am I missing something?

Something special at the parks? At a resort? Romantic or fun?

Perhaps a .....

Behind The Seeds tour? I think it's $16? Or another of the special tours?

Maybe a photography session at a resort? I'm not too sure what the exact cost would be....or the special AKL tours?

First things first...

Via Allears:
Party for the Senses -- Celebrating Epicurean Themes

Delight in a tribute to the sensory arts! Each Saturday night of the Festival, the evening comes alive in a celebration of gastronomy at its best, combined with world-class musical acts, an elegant lounge filled with fellow food enthusiasts and more. Reserve your seat at the Eat to the Beat! Concert Series at the America Gardens Theatre and settle in for a performance by a big-name musical artist. Immediately following the performance, the World ShowPlace becomes the setting for a grand culinary event. You're invited to wander among tempting tasting stations in the midst of imaginative décor and entertainment. Also NEW this year is the Wine View Lounge: an exclusive area within Party for the Senses where you can mingle, relax and engage in pleasant conversation. For an additional fee, enhance your experience with amenities such as private reserved tables, premium bar and an artisanal cheese station.

Every Saturday during the Festival; 6:30 p.m. -- 9:00 p.m.

9/26 -- Celebrating Spanish Cuisine
10/3 -- Celebrating Comfort Foods with a Twist
10/10 -- Celebrating South American Cuisine
10/17 -- Celebrating Classical Cuisine
10/24 -- Celebrating Asian Cuisine
10/31 -- Celebrating the Fall Harvest
11/7 -- Celebrating Italian Cuisine

Price: $135 per person, plus tax. Gratuity included. Theme park admission is required. Wine View Lounge access is $75 per person, plus tax (in addition to admission for Party for the Senses.). Gratuity included.

Def wanna do something romantic. Something where we can decompress and just have a good time for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter