New 8/25. The trip that never was.

I love your mini TR's of the city!! I don't think Bill and I will ever get there so I really enjoy seeing things through your eyes.

6. The newest DCOM (Disney Channel Original Movie), Princess Protection Program, takes place in what US state? Where was it actually filmed?

Takes place in Louisana
Actually filmed in Puerto Rico

7. In Disney-Pixar’s Up, what is the name of the retirement home that Carl Fredricksen is supposed to be transferred to before he escapes by flying away in his house?

Shady Oaks Retirement Home

10. How many rooms are there in Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa?

840 total rooms

Hi Kat !! I thought I posted yesterday but I guess I didn't !!! Lackof sleep wil do that to you!! Your plans sound good to me !! I think I am gonna tell Judy about "Wishes"on the beach at Poly!!! Ilove your NYC mini TRs !!!

Kat...omg, those questions surely did get harder & harder!!! Good luck with that competition!!! If anyone can do it, you can!!! :thumbsup2

Sorry about the announcement of the official closing date. :sad2:

I love those pictures of the outside waterfall! What a great place to relax for lunch!

Itinerary.....looks good! I hope you do schedule the Segway Tour. It's great!

I think we just have to figure out when to do the tour but it's pretty much set in stone!

First, you have 70 days!! :yay:

I think your plans are pretty good so far. Be careful of the ME going to the airport! Oiy.

it's ticking by so fast! I feel like I have a carpload to do!

I like your pix of NYC. I hope I can make it out there as people say The City and I would hit it off.

As far as your plans, on your DHS day, if you stay for the 3pm parade, you may just want to stay close to DHS, especially if you hit Fantasmic. Between the time the parade ends to the time you need to be in line for Fantasmic doesn't seem like that much time....perhaps skip Epcot until Friday night (F and W I'm sure make weekends crazy though). Just a thought

Great pictures.
My best friend from childhood also live in California. I miss her. I jsut saw her a few weeks ago, but my goal is to some day go out and visit her there too!

I KNOW we'd have a ball if you came to NYC! Fantasmic isn't KC's fav so we may or may not do it...I have to run the itinerary by him today- its the first day off we've have at the same time in a while.

I love your mini TR's of the city!! I don't think Bill and I will ever get there so I really enjoy seeing things through your eyes.

Thanks!

6. The newest DCOM (Disney Channel Original Movie), Princess Protection Program, takes place in what US state? Where was it actually filmed?

Takes place in Louisana
Actually filmed in Puerto Rico

7. In Disney-Pixar’s Up, what is the name of the retirement home that Carl Fredricksen is supposed to be transferred to before he escapes by flying away in his house?

Shady Oaks Retirement Home

10. How many rooms are there in Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa?

840 total rooms

Super dooper trivia lady! I got all those BUT i got 848 for the SSR?!

Hi Kat !! I thought I posted yesterday but I guess I didn't !!! Lackof sleep wil do that to you!! Your plans sound good to me !! I think I am gonna tell Judy about "Wishes"on the beach at Poly!!! Ilove your NYC mini TRs !!!

I can't wait to see it frokm the beach, all relaxed with a pineapple!

If you end up not doing Fantasmic then I would for sure hit up Beaches and Cream and Epcot. I think doing Epcot mid-week is way better than the weekend with the F and W fest going on.:thumbsup2

First bit of news is: The WoD NYC has the official close date of Dec 31. :(

Boo! :sad2:

Wed Oct 28-
6:30am flight. Arrive MCO around 9am. Hopefully to ASMovies and checked in by noon.
Bus to MK, walk to Contemporary. Cab to CM shopping.
Back @ MK by 3:45 for 4:05pm Lunch/dinner @ The Plaza.
Ride some MK rides. Around 8pm head to The Poly.
Get some Lapu’s and head to the beach to watch Wishes.
If we are still ready for more- Monorail to Epcot for EMH’s till midnight.
If we don't do EMH-dinner at Kona? Food Court at Movies?

Always good to keep arrival day light... love that you're seeing Wishes on your first night! :lovestruc

Thurs Oct 29-
DHS morning, hopefully for rope drop (not a priority).
Lunch @ Sci Fi Noon. Stay for 3pm parade.
Take boat to Boardwalk area, walk towards International gateway.
Straight to Epcot OR Beaches & Cream for dessert then Epcot.
Go back to DHS for 7:30pm Fantasmic? To DTD for dinner? Raglan Road?

One of the advantages of adulthood is being able to eat dessert before your dinner! :rotfl:

Fri Oct 30-
AK most of the day.
Flame tree BBQ for lunch.
Stay for 3pm parade.
Evening?? DTD? Hot air balloon?

Go for the balloon! Go for the balloon!! :yay:

Sat Oct 31-
Check out of ASMovies early, cab to AKL. Check in. Friend’s coming. Epcot all day. F&W.
7pm-head out for surprise night for KC, leave everyone in Epcot for Illuminations. Meet up with everyone back at AKL.

Hooray for the AKL!! Did I miss the "surprise" discussion while I was away? I'll have to go back now and read!

Sun Nov 1-
7:45 Segway tour (if I book it)??
Meet with KathyRN in the morning??
2:10pm Afternoon tea @ GF for ladies. Guys to Big River for beers.
Afternoon???
Dinner 8:45pm @ Boma. Do night vision goggles before or after dinner. Night swimming? Just hang at the resort.

You'd better change those question marks to exclamation points, missy!!

Although the Segway Tour would be very cool, so Hakuna Matata as far as the Meet goes, okay?
:hug:

(I still can't get our meet added to my ticker... perhaps there's a limit on the number of rotating banners a person can use.)

Mon Nov 2-
Check out AKL. Store Luggage.
9am 1900 Park fare breakfast.
MK until about 3pm then to AKL for ME bus. 7pm Flight home.

I'm always so torn about whether to end with the MK. On the one hand, its great to "go out with a bang" but on the other hand, I find its always the hardest park to leave! Bring Kleenex!

Love the plans!

Kathy

sad about the store closing. it will be missed.

plans look good.

nice little trip around the city.

The only thing I can find wrong with your itinerary is that we are never in the same place at the same time ;) Actually, we will be at Epcot until about 1:00pm on the 31st - then we have a CRT ressie at 2:30. I'll be on the lookout for you :goodvibes

I love the NYC pictures - I want to go back! I'm so sad the WOD store is closing though :sad1:

I swear I've been on top of your trip reports and stuff and then saw this on the boards and realized I haven't ever subscribed! :(

Great plans so far and love the mini NYC trip reports! :)

:guilty: The trip is canceled. We have had some serious problems at home, and the one thing I can say for sure is we won't be going on this trip anymore.

I'm really not doing so well. If anyone wants to PM me feel free.

Thanks everyone for reading along and for being so awesome!! Keep in touch with me on the boards!!!!

:guilty: The trip is canceled. We have had some serious problems at home, and the one thing I can say for sure is we won't be going on this trip anymore.

I'm really not doing so well. If anyone wants to PM me feel free.

Thanks everyone for reading along and for being so awesome!! Keep in touch with me on the boards!!!!

PMing you now:hug:

Kat - I am so sorry :( We only just met so I don't want to overstep - but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter