New 8/25. The trip that never was.

First things first...

Via Allears:
Party for the Senses -- Celebrating Epicurean Themes

Delight in a tribute to the sensory arts! Each Saturday night of the Festival, the evening comes alive in a celebration of gastronomy at its best, combined with world-class musical acts, an elegant lounge filled with fellow food enthusiasts and more.

Price: $135 per person, plus tax. Gratuity included. Theme park admission is required. Wine View Lounge access is $75 per person, plus tax (in addition to admission for Party for the Senses.). Gratuity included.

Def wanna do something romantic. Something where we can decompress and just have a good time for a while.

Ahhhh...it's a Food & Wine Festival thing! :idea: (it takes me awhile, Kat...:lmao:)

Wow! $135! Holy Buckets! +$75! Double Holy Buckets!

How about a carriage ride at POR/POFQ? Then watch Eliot Dyson at POFQ? I think it'll run you $50...

Another strawberry soup fan here, I actually just answered a question about 1900 and told the guest they had to try it :rotfl:

How about just a nice romantic stroll around the Boardwalk, it's free and there is entertainment. Or what about a carriage ride?

Hi Kat! You want something romantic? How about a wishes cruise for just the two of you? That can be pricey though... Is he into the spa thing? How about a couples massage? Horse carriage rides??

Kat, my suggestion would be a Segway Tour. KC would probably like that! I know it is expensive, but you have your CM discount!!! That's how Deb & I took the tour, with her son's CM discount. We went on the first tour of the day...I forget what time it was...& it was even cheaper! It was great!! I'd do it again!

Of course, the Wishes or Illuminations Tours would be great too! Remember your discount!!! :thumbsup2

Ahhhh...it's a Food & Wine Festival thing! :idea: (it takes me awhile, Kat...:lmao:)

Wow! $135! Holy Buckets! +$75! Double Holy Buckets!

How about a carriage ride at POR/POFQ? Then watch Eliot Dyson at POFQ? I think it'll run you $50...

I am really liking the whole carriage ride idea!!!!!We honeymooned at POFQ so that might work out super well!

Another strawberry soup fan here, I actually just answered a question about 1900 and told the guest they had to try it :rotfl:

How about just a nice romantic stroll around the Boardwalk, it's free and there is entertainment. Or what about a carriage ride?

I think its def gonna be something mellow like that, a walk or a ride.

Hi Kat! You want something romantic? How about a wishes cruise for just the two of you? That can be pricey though... Is he into the spa thing? How about a couples massage? Horse carriage rides??

I'll have to mention in passing to him about getting massages...that might be a cool idea.

Kat, my suggestion would be a Segway Tour. KC would probably like that! I know it is expensive, but you have your CM discount!!! That's how Deb & I took the tour, with her son's CM discount. We went on the first tour of the day...I forget what time it was...& it was even cheaper! It was great!! I'd do it again!

Of course, the Wishes or Illuminations Tours would be great too! Remember your discount!!! :thumbsup2

We have actually been talking about doing the tour while we are there!

THANKS so much everyone! Keep 'em coming!

I am one of about 15-20 people who passed the trivia round 1 and moved on. These are much harder- help!

1. Who is the houseguest in the Carousel of Progress?
2. What are the names of the first 3 WDW resort hotels built in 1971?
3. In which park and what attraction will you find the following man? (It’s a pic of a man & a dog on a leash)
4. What is Jennifer Foxworth’s home address?
5. In The Incredibles, what is the name of the island that the Syndrome invites Bob Parr to?
6. Vanessa Hudgens had a recurring role on what Disney Channel Show PRIOR to her success with High School Musical?
7. On the ABD television show LOST, what is jughead?
8. What is the name of the only “girl” character on the Imagination Movers?
9. What Disney Channel star released their debut self-titled album in June? Name 1 song from the album.
10. What “timeless” icon stood where the Astro-Orbiter attraction on Disneyland Park now stands?
11. There are 3 animals mounted on the wall in The Country Bear Jamboree. What type of animal is hung on the right hand side and what is their name?
12. What were the names of Walt Disney’s siblings?

Bonus: Only male Cast Members played gangsters in The Great Movie Ride’s first 11 years. In 2000, the first female gangster arrived. What was her full name?

I am one of about 15-20 people who passed the trivia round 1 and moved on. These are much harder- help!

3. In which park and what attraction will you find the following man? (It’s a pic of a man & a dog on a leash)
5. In The Incredibles, what is the name of the island that the Syndrome invites Bob Parr to?
6. Vanessa Hudgens had a recurring role on what Disney Channel Show PRIOR to her success with High School Musical?
9. What Disney Channel star released their debut self-titled album in June? Name 1 song from the album.
10. What “timeless” icon stood where the Astro-Orbiter attraction on Disneyland Park now stands?
11. There are 3 animals mounted on the wall in The Country Bear Jamboree. What type of animal is hung on the right hand side and what is their name?

Bonus: Only male Cast Members played gangsters in The Great Movie Ride’s first 11 years. In 2000, the first female gangster arrived. What was her full name?

Wow those are hard!!!!!:sad2:Sorry I am no help I will ask the girls about the HSM!!

I think the carriage ride sounds lovely! Or maybe just drinks somewhere nice, maybe at Cali Grill, see if you can just sit at the bar and have drinks and an appetizer and enjoy the atmosphere. Or drinks over at the YC and walk the Boardwalk.

Lots o' choices!

Allyson

Thanks rosie! I ahve been on google and imdb.com and wikipedia.com all night trying to answer them! I have all but 2 so far. It's a lotta work. I'm not gonna do so well once I don't have the internet for help!

Contemporary, Ploynesian, Fort Wilderness
3. In which park and what attraction will you find the following man? (It’s a pic of a man & a dog on a leash) Magic Kingdom, Haunted Mansion
The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
The H-Bomb found on the island
Nina
Mitchel Musso. “Shout it”
The Tomorrowland Clock Of The World
A stag named Max
Herbert Arthur, Raymond Arnold, Roy Oliver, Ruth Flora

Mugsi

***So far I am pretty much sure of all the answers. I am maybe wrong on #11 but i think i saw a video of the most recent look of the animals on the wall, so hopefully i havew it correct and not have the one on the left. #1 is baffling me and I have to watch The Incredibles and Oliver & Company t get the other answers.

Hi Kat! I have seen you on other trip reports, we are going around the same time you are (10/25 - 11/2). Sounds like a great trip. I'm sad to hear the WOD store in NYC is closing. :( I was there last year, it was so nice!

1. Who is the houseguest in the Carousel of Progress? Uncle Albert - pretty sure about this one

A stag named Max

I'm pretty sure there is a moose, but I don't know his name? Sorry.

Good Luck!! :)

Hi Kat! I have seen you on other trip reports, we are going around the same time you are (10/25 - 11/2). Sounds like a great trip. I'm sad to hear the WOD store in NYC is closing. :( I was there last year, it was so nice!

Hi! Nice to have you on board! Are you going to have a lime green mickey head to identify you? I will definitely have one!

1. Who is the houseguest in the Carousel of Progress? Uncle Albert - pretty sure about this one

A stag named Max

I'm pretty sure there is a moose, but I don't know his name? Sorry.

Good Luck!! :)

stay tunes to the next post foe the answers~!

Uncle Orville
Contemporary, Polynesian, Fort Wilderness
3. In which park and what attraction will you find the following man? (It’s a pic of a man & a dog on a leash) Magic Kingdom, Haunted Mansion
1125 5th Avenue NY. NY
Nomanisan Island
None
The H-Bomb found on the island
Nina
Mitchel Musso. “Shout it”
The Tomorrowland Clock Of The World
A stag named Max
Herbert Arthur, Raymond Arnold, Roy Oliver, Ruth Flora

Mugsi

I am 99% sure they are correct. If I don't get through I know which questions is the reason why, and I plan to debate it. Here's hopin' for Round 3! Thanks for all the help!

Good luck!!!!!!!! I think you are right with the Vanessa Hudgens question. When she was on Ellen, she said she was waiting to be old enough to audition for AI when she got the call for HSM - so I doubt she would be thinking of auditioning for AI if she had a part on a Disney Channel show. Ashley Tisdale was on the "Suite Life of Zach and Cody".

Oh and I don't know if I"ll have a lime green Mickey or not.

caught up. sorry late I knew the carousel answer.

Nice pics from the Park.

For the surprise how about the balloon ride and maybe dinner or lunch at Paradiso 37?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter