1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

New 8/25. The trip that never was.

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by KatGarcia, Jul 10, 2009.

1. KatGarcia

KatGarcia Just Keep Swimming.

Welcome to my PTR!

I’m Kat. Disney freak. DIS Boards addict. Tinkerbell Fan. And most recently a new Cast Member for the World of Disney NYC!

Here’s me:
    [​IMG]

I work in the stock room, unloading the boxes. Semi un-Disney like BUT I was referred by another CM and you can’t do what they do if you are referred. I won’t lie , I’d love to call people “princess” all day and give out magical certs but I’m still really beyond thrilled to be working there.

SO obviously there are perks to working for Disney. Also- to clarify- I am considered an employee of WDW in Florida because we are the only WoD not in a theme park. The bad news is- my store is closing down after the holidays. The lease is up and they aren’t renewing. Which means I have about 6 months to go to WDW as a CM.

At first I didn’t think it would work out, esp. because I have a reluctant DH (KC) who isn’t feeling the Disney as much as he used to. I told him he became a Disney Husband- you know the type- the guy who lets you plan, goes, has a good time but could take it or leave it.

Meet KC, Disney Husband:
    [​IMG]

But after doing some financial figuring and planning I finally broke the ice with him and we had the talk about it. I explained to him how much it would really mean to me to be able to go to WDW as a CM, if only once. He doesn’t exactly understand , but that’s why I am on the DIS with you fine people who just GET IT.

It’s a dream to me to be working for Disney in any way and to be able to walk into the gates as a real tangible part of that means everything to me. After the store closes that’s all the opportunity I have for this, unless we move to Florida, which is not likely any time soon.

We have one other person coming with us! After inviting several people and being turned down for whatever reason, just one remains.

Meet Pants. (guess who got him the shirt)
    [​IMG]

KC's BFF, Partner in Crime, His brother from another mother. They are inseparable. Pants is a great friend to us both. He came with us last January and had a great time. He's excited to check out F&W with us.

The only other appearance will be by my BFF L & her daughter, H.
    [​IMG]

We are currently trying to talk L's DH to come too. Her sister and brother-in-law and nephew MIGHT make it too, but they all live 45 minutes away and it's a lot easier for them to plan on the fly that for us to.

When are we going:

Wednesday October 28th through November 2nd.

Where are we staying:

After MUCH debate and heated discussion (lol) I booked! We decided on a split stay. We like to split the stay and make it feel like 2 different vacations. It also was a way for me to still save us as much money as possible (DH's bone of contention with this whole trip) and to be able to stay at one of my dream resorts.

Wednesday October 28th- Saturday October 31st @ All Star Movies, Preferred Room.

Saturday October 31st - November 2nd @ Animal Kingdom lodge, Standard View.

All the rest I am still planning so you can all help me with that!

Thank for reading along and coming on another vacation with us!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KatGarcia

4. HomeschoolMama

HomeschoolMama I raise kids... What's your super power?

Am I the first to post? :yay:

I can't wait to hear all the details, Kat!

5. jcc0621

jcc0621 DIS Veteran

I'm here!

6. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

I'm here Kat!

7. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

WoooHoo! :cool1:

8. debraW76

debraW76 DIS Veteran

Hi Kat!
    So you can't work in the same department if a CM referred you? That sounds weird :confused:.

Can't wait to here about it!

9. DWGal210

DWGal210 DIS Veteran

Sounds like you're going to have fun! Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

10. askelton

askelton Disney Cosmo

:banana: Pencil me in for a Grey Goose slushie with you! :goodvibes

11. mrsksomeday

mrsksomeday My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

I'm here too! I hope everything works out for you. It is great you get to go back sooner than you thought.:goodvibes

12. DisneyJo

DisneyJo Missing my tags!

So if you're reffered you can't work on the shop floor????

Fingers crossed this trip all goes to plan for you Kat I know it means so much :goodvibes

13. MomofCKJ

MomofCKJ <font color=teal>I just lost steam at about 5 minu

So glad it is working out that you can get a trip in before your store closes. That is a bummer that they are closing for good!

Allyson

14. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Did I make Page 1 !! I am sooo in for his Kat!!!:banana::banana:

15. Hedy

Hedy <font color=blue>I'm <s>22</s> 27 and I still kind

Dates?

16. Lynn5700

Lynn5700 <font color=darkorchid>WOO HOO I will be there<br>

Hey!!! I'm going to NYC this Sunday, and we're going to stop in The WOD store. Are you going to be there?

And what is this?? They are closing!!!!! NOOOOOO!!!! It's the closest thing to Disney around me!!

17. CelticBelle

CelticBelle <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=brown>I th

im here!

BTW if you have any questions about making ressies as a CM im here to help!

18. PrincessAlways

PrincessAlways DIS Veteran

Here's to the new CM!!! :banana::thumbsup2 What a shame the store is closing! I never thought the NYC one would close. Our local one closed last year.:sad2: OK....on with the PTR!!! popcorn::

19. KatGarcia

HI everyone!!! Thanks for coming!!!

It's a conflict of interest type of situation. They don't want close friends chit chatting all day on the floor.

I am so excited!!

You knew I was gonna ask! I told KC we need to see you guys and NOT crap out on you halfway through! We may do PFTS too, if you are interested maybe we can all go?!

I really hope for that weekend but any weekend will be fine with me! ;)

Nope, even tho I don't know the other CM that well, she used to work with KC and i used her name just to get the referral. :confused3

Hey! Thanks for coming by!

Hi Rosie!

tentatively Oct 28-Nov 2nd. Why , will you be there??

Nope no weekends for me really, shipments come in during the week so its rare for me to work weekends. :( Have fun tho!!!

Awesome! I called Cast ressies today and the guy directed me back to the HUB. So I checked a lot of prices. I am just wondering what the discount is on the events like Party for the Senses. And any advice you have is always appreciated! any tips I should know?

Thanks! Yea it's gonna be a sad day in NYC when there is no more Disney.

20. mrsksomeday

mrsksomeday My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

November 2nd, you will leave 2 days before we get there :sad1:. I thought they were going to move the store to somewhere else in NYC?

21. 1Princess1Prince2006

1Princess1Prince2006 DIS Veteran

:wave: Hi Kat! Yay to a new trip!