New 8/25. The trip that never was.

Hey there!!! I finally am getting caught up on allthe TRs.

I think if you really want something special for KC, the techy, a Segway tour or the locamotive tour would be cool.

Hi! Nice to have you on board! Are you going to have a lime green mickey head to identify you? I will definitely have one!

I was just at Home Depot picking up some new machinery gadget thingie and picked up a bunch of Mickey Heads!

Maybe I'll put some in a frame. :goodvibes

Good luck!!!!!!!! I think you are right with the Vanessa Hudgens question. When she was on Ellen, she said she was waiting to be old enough to audition for AI when she got the call for HSM - so I doubt she would be thinking of auditioning for AI if she had a part on a Disney Channel show. Ashley Tisdale was on the "Suite Life of Zach and Cody".

Oh and I don't know if I"ll have a lime green Mickey or not.

Apparently I was right with that question...cause I moved to round 3!

caught up. sorry late I knew the carousel answer.

Nice pics from the Park.

For the surprise how about the balloon ride and maybe dinner or lunch at Paradiso 37?

I considered the balloon ride...but i think I might wimp out . LOL.

Hey there!!! I finally am getting caught up on allthe TRs.

I think if you really want something special for KC, the techy, a Segway tour or the locamotive tour would be cool.

We are def going to be doing the segway tour, but it's not KCs surprise!

Ok, I haven't had a chance to actually start reading yet, I just had to say--

"ONE OF US, ONE OF US!" ;)

:lmao: Hey lady!!!! Nice to see you!

I was just at Home Depot picking up some new machinery gadget thingie and picked up a bunch of Mickey Heads!

Maybe I'll put some in a frame. :goodvibes

I ahve a ton of them in a box somewhere! LOL.

If you will indulge me one more round of Trivia...I am among only 12 people who have made it this far...and these are def harder than the last batch...any help would be awesome!

Round 3
1. In Lilo & Stitch, what is the name of the “Adoption Magistrate” character who services Nani and Lilo at the Animal Rescue Kennel where they adopt Stitch? (Hint: It’s never verbally announced)

2. The flags of 2 nations hang in the Magic Kingdom at WDW. Which countries are they from?

3. In the video Paranoid by the Jonas Brothers, which “Jobro” is the only one who doesn’t play an instrument?

4. Who’s the latest addition to the Playhouse Disney line-up? (Hint: He’s a “unique stuffed bear”)

5. How tall are the Swan and Dolphin statues which rest atop the magnificent WDW Swan & Dolphin hotel buildings?

6. The newest DCOM (Disney Channel Original Movie), Princess Protection Program, takes place in what US state? Where was it actually filmed?

7. In Disney-Pixar’s Up, what is the name of the retirement home that Carl Fredricksen is supposed to be transferred to before he escapes by flying away in his house?

8. What is “Disney’s Folly”?

9. What material was used to make the roof that houses this audio-animatronic’s attraction? (Picture of one of the tiki birds)

10. How many rooms are there in Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa?

11. Which company sold the first Mickey Mouse Watch?

12. What does Minnie do to Mickey before she jumps off the plane in the first Mickey Mouse cartoon Plane Crazy?

13. In “Wizard’s on Deck with Hannah Montana”, what did Hannah Montana receive from her mother that she always wears at all her performances? Who was the last person to physically have it?

14. An oil rig was taken from Mexico and reconstructed in WDW. Why?

15. What defunct attraction was never included in Disneyland Paris, even though the attraction was included in each of the other three Magic Kingdoms before it?

#4 is Special Agent Oso.

I have that Wizards on Deck on my DVR, but we haven't watched it and I'm getting new TV service on Friday - if you don't get the answer from someone else, I'll watch it with DD.

2. The American flag and the Switzerland flag

5. Five story swan and dolphin statues

8. (This is from wikipedia) When the film industry came to know about Disney's plans to produce an animated feature-length version of Snow White, they dubbed the project as "Disney's Folly" and were certain that the project would destroy the Disney studio.

9. Steel painted to look like straw (learned this on KTTK tour)

11. The Mickey Mouse Watch was first made in mid-1933 by the Ingersoll-Waterbury Clock Company of Waterbury, Connecticut.

12. Minnie slapped Mickey's face because he kissed her.

14. An oil rig is the frame for the Tree of Life at AK.

First bit of news is: The WoD NYC has the official close date of Dec 31. :(

Here's my first version of the trip itinerary. We are planning to stay out most days (we usually do mid day breaks). I'm also not going to book any other ADRs, if we wanna eat some where and cant get in as walk ups we wont go. I am trying to keep it pretty mellow, so we all have fun.

There are are a few holes....any suggestions are welcome!

Wed Oct 28-
6:30am flight. Arrive MCO around 9am. Hopefully to ASMovies and checked in by noon.
Bus to MK, walk to Contemporary. Cab to CM shopping.
Back @ MK by 3:45 for 4:05pm Lunch/dinner @ The Plaza.
Ride some MK rides. Around 8pm head to The Poly.
Get some Lapu’s and head to the beach to watch Wishes.
If we are still ready for more- Monorail to Epcot for EMH’s till midnight.
If we don't do EMH-dinner at Kona? Food Court at Movies?

Thurs Oct 29-
DHS morning, hopefully for rope drop (not a priority).
Lunch @ Sci Fi Noon. Stay for 3pm parade.
Take boat to Boardwalk area, walk towards International gateway.
Straight to Epcot OR Beaches & Cream for dessert then Epcot.
Go back to DHS for 7:30pm Fantasmic? To DTD for dinner? Raglan Road?

Fri Oct 30-
AK most of the day.
Flame tree BBQ for lunch.
Stay for 3pm parade.
Evening?? DTD? Hot air balloon?

Sat Oct 31-
Check out of ASMovies early, cab to AKL. Check in. Friend’s coming. Epcot all day. F&W.
7pm-head out for surprise night for KC, leave everyone in Epcot for Illuminations. Meet up with everyone back at AKL.

Sun Nov 1-
7:45 Segway tour (if I book it)??
Meet with KathyRN in the morning??
2:10pm Afternoon tea @ GF for ladies. Guys to Big River for beers.
Afternoon???
Dinner 8:45pm @ Boma. Do night vision goggles before or after dinner. Night swimming? Just hang at the resort.

Mon Nov 2-
Check out AKL. Store Luggage.
9am 1900 Park fare breakfast.
MK until about 3pm then to AKL for ME bus. 7pm Flight home.

It's time for another Mini TR around NYC!

One of my childhood friends, her hubby and her mom came into the city this past Friday and we spent the day out and about. You KNOW I took pics.

We met at Penn Station, did a bit of shopping (Conway), ate a light lunch and then took a bus uptown to head into Central Park.

We were headed to the area thats now most know for being in Enchanted (look a Disney reference!).

2063143530070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

We actually remembered to take pics together!
L-R me, Donna, Dori
2841178760070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

I love all the detailing in this area. This is next to the steps.
2917777000070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

KC got a bit artsy with my camera.
2938921160070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

We plopped down by the water and watched people ride the boats. KC and I took turns snapping random pictures.

2836513430070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

Dori's hubby, Fred.
2722774690070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

2436139940070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

We walked to one of our fav spots with all these neat twisted trees and stuff.
2092111050070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

Sweaty self pic. The rule is the first one has to be normal...
2190261210070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

And the 2nd one can be silly.
2953977500070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

So in this pic I feel like Dori's before picture...she has lost 80 lbs since I saw her last. I hardly recognized her! She did weight watchers, fyi.
2605300220070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

We then walked our way out of the park and onto 5th avenue. W ended up going into The Trump Tower to use the bathroom. We kept saying "thanks Mr Trump, you have a lovely bathroom". The place feels like being in Atlantic city to me.

There was a neat water feature thing from floor to ceiling.
2883447540070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

We walked to a nearby Dunkin Donuts, got some iced coffees and went to a new fav spot of ours to sit and realx while we waited for Dori's aunt to be done with work, and for the museum we were going to to have it's free hours.

I love me some iced coffee.
2301399020070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

This is where we sat. isn't it one of the neatest places in the middle of the city?
2057607290070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

2661642490070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

We met Dori's Aunt Karen soon after that, at the Folk Art Museum. Turns out it was very small, we spent most of the time talking and not really looking at anything. I took a few pics and then the security guards yelled at me for it, so away the camera went. The coolest thing was a kaleidescope quilt exhibit, but i got my privileges taken away before I could get pics.

Random statue.
2639293580070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

trying to get one last shot in of KC by the kaleidescope display.
2807633280070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

On the way out we saw a guy in the street with recycled metro card art- I had to have a pic. it was cool!
2854128620070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

We all went out for dinner at a little Italian place a few blocks away. I had a really yummy shrimp and mushroom risotto.

By then it was about 8pm and the Long Island-ers needed to catch a 9:15 train so we walked our way in the direction of Penn Station. KC & I left them at 42nd street and hopped the subway there. My legs were not walking anymore and making it to work the next morning.

It was a great day. I only get to see Dori maybe once every year and a half or so. We are hoping to make it to California to see them in the next 3 or 4 years (and DL too).

thanks for indulging me yet again!

Kat...omg, those questions surely did get harder & harder!!! Good luck with that competition!!! If anyone can do it, you can!!! :thumbsup2

Sorry about the announcement of the official closing date. :sad2:

I love those pictures of the outside waterfall! What a great place to relax for lunch!

Itinerary.....looks good! I hope you do schedule the Segway Tour. It's great!

First, you ahve 70 days!! :yay:

First bit of news is: The WoD NYC has the official close date of Dec 31. :(

Awww....but there is so much talk of stores opening....maybe it will??

Here's my first version of the trip itinerary. We are planning to stay out most days (we usually do mid day breaks). I'm also not going to book any other ADRs, if we wanna eat some where and cant get in as walk ups we wont go. I am trying to keep it pretty mellow, so we all have fun.

There are are a few holes....any suggestions are welcome!

Wed Oct 28-
6:30am flight. Arrive MCO around 9am. Hopefully to ASMovies and checked in by noon.
Bus to MK, walk to Contemporary. Cab to CM shopping.
Back @ MK by 3:45 for 4:05pm Lunch/dinner @ The Plaza.
Ride some MK rides. Around 8pm head to The Poly.
Get some Lapu’s and head to the beach to watch Wishes.
If we are still ready for more- Monorail to Epcot for EMH’s till midnight.
If we don't do EMH-dinner at Kona? Food Court at Movies?

Sounds good! I would think you woudl be dead on your feet by the time Wishes is over. Especially if you may want to do RD the next morning.

Thurs Oct 29-
DHS morning, hopefully for rope drop (not a priority).
Lunch @ Sci Fi Noon. Stay for 3pm parade.
Take boat to Boardwalk area, walk towards International gateway.
Straight to Epcot OR Beaches & Cream for dessert then Epcot.
Go back to DHS for 7:30pm Fantasmic? To DTD for dinner? Raglan Road?

Sci-Fi! Sci-Fi! :yay: Ahhhh, the boardwalk area...I would love to stay there someday. Perhaps stay for B&C, if you have never done? I'm done with Fasntasmic, so I would opt for some Raglan Rd! ;) and a balloon ride!

Fri Oct 30-
AK most of the day.
Flame tree BBQ for lunch.
Stay for 3pm parade.
Evening?? DTD? Hot air balloon?

If you could not get in DTD or a balloon ride before...

Sat Oct 31-
Check out of ASMovies early, cab to AKL. Check in. Friend’s coming. Epcot all day. F&W.
7pm-head out for surprise night for KC, leave everyone in Epcot for Illuminations. Meet up with everyone back at AKL.

Sounds gooood.

Sun Nov 1-
7:45 Segway tour (if I book it)??
Meet with KathyRN in the morning??
2:10pm Afternoon tea @ GF for ladies. Guys to Big River for beers.
Afternoon???
Dinner 8:45pm @ Boma. Do night vision goggles before or after dinner. Night swimming? Just hang at the resort.

Night Vision!:yay: LOL!
I guess you can leave this at open day depending on how your tea goes; plan something with the ladies or head back in a park? Are there holiday decor up yet? More F&W?

Mon Nov 2-
Check out AKL. Store Luggage.
9am 1900 Park fare breakfast.
MK until about 3pm then to AKL for ME bus. 7pm Flight home.

You are so going to love Park Fare breakfast! I had the BEST time!

I think your plans are pretty good so far. Be careful of the ME going to the airport! Oiy.

I like your pix of NYC. I hope I can make it out there as people say The City and I would hit it off.

As far as your plans, on your DHS day, if you stay for the 3pm parade, you may just want to stay close to DHS, especially if you hit Fantasmic. Between the time the parade ends to the time you need to be in line for Fantasmic doesn't seem like that much time....perhaps skip Epcot until Friday night (F and W I'm sure make weekends crazy though). Just a thought

Great pictures.
My best friend from childhood also live in California. I miss her. I jsut saw her a few weeks ago, but my goal is to some day go out and visit her there too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter