May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LySand said:
Mandy - I forget where this* is and how to do it. It's a good thing I took on something simple :) It could be I am tired from shoveling all the snow that fell today but more likely I just don't remember.....

I am in workshops all weekend and won't be back here til Sunday night. I hope everyone is still here

Lynn

* I thought this would quote your message about updating our places.

No problem :) still having to deal with just my phone and no computer but maybe the link is still in your private messages I sent? I will be able to send it to you by Sunday night for sure... Have fun in your workshops!! :)

I can never seem to find fares, for when we'd want to go, for less than $700/pp from our area (PNW) to Orlando. It's kind of shocking how much it is and I don't know why it's so much. I think we paid about $300/pp for our trips to LA.

It absolutely depends on when you fly. We only use United (so we can be Premier), so I pay cash for off-season trips, but then use miles during peak season (like we just went to WV for Thanksgiving for only 40K miles each!) I don't like crowds so that helps us avoid high fares.

DisneyMouseHouse said:
That's funny, because I think just the opposite - it's easier to be rude to ppl you don't know - and like I said, get rude too often and I'll just un-friend ya! LOL! Or, in a group, just hide your posts....

Lol, yes that's true - I suppose I think like that because of the reason I quit FB, the place I worked before was terrible for it, there were groups of people on there bullying others we worked with. Scary when you think some of these people were in their 40's/50's! I'm not sure what it is like in the US but social media rules a persons job over here now. Companies will search forums for their names and check whats being said against employee manifests. If you are caught saying something slanderish, you are dismissed on the spot.

Also I was just sick of going out with certain friends or sitting at work and having friends say did you see what so and so said on FB? I'm like is that all you have to talk about?!

And there was one women who I used to work with who was on maternity leave - when she had her baby, she was updating her status 10 - 15 times a day. Constantly writing on mutual friends walls, playing the games, inviting people to tak quizzes. People were saying at work that when she came back it wouldn't be the baby she missed, it would be FB! She kept saying oh (baby's name) has just smiled! When I saw them, I just kept thinking why don't you spend time with the baby and take photos of that instead of sitting on a computer/phone etc telling the world?

Sorry to go on and on there, it just drives me nuts! :) as you have probably figured out! :)

Kirbo said:
I can never seem to find fares, for when we'd want to go, for less than $700/pp from our area (PNW) to Orlando. It's kind of shocking how much it is and I don't know why it's so much. I think we paid about $300/pp for our trips to LA.

Wow so again we pay about the same ish as you to cross the Atlantic! You always just assume the people in US can go as often as they want lol.

padalyn said:
Ok - you guys have had great ideas for transportation...so here is another request. My fiance (Cathy) posted this on FB, but I figured I would ask here as well.

We are going to DLRP after Barcelona. We have an 8am flight from CDG to Iceland. The hitch? We are wondering how to get there. I have a friend who MIGHT help us - but he has been MIA - so rather than stress, we want to book some method of transportation. The busses and trains don't start until 8am, and we would miss our flight.

So, any cheapy ways to make this short drive?

All input is appreciated.

DLRP offer a coach service to CDG and Orly airports - do they not start until 8am as well?

birkner said:
John and I finally committed to going on the EBTA. Signed up for the FB page but not sure what else is happening.

We have been holding out for the WBTA but doesn't seem to be happening. We decided to fly into Houston, May 17th and stay at the Marriott at the airport and taking DCL transportation to the port as no Hertz locations in Galveston. Renting a car the evening we get into Houston for a booze run since Southwest flies into Hobby and we are staying at the Marriott at Bush International. Funny, we are taking DCL transportation and Hobby is closer to Galveston so we have to end up backtracking. Such is life!

Not sure about our plans in Barcelona besides getting a great hotel for Saturday night for $158 US dollars. We have been to Barcelona a few times and may want to go elsewhere. I am emailing my friend in Madeira we are coming again!

This time I have promised DH John only two bags each since we spent 600 Euros last time flying from Barcelona to Frankfurt on Air Berlin. Flying home United, there are no extras costs for two bags!

Welcome aboard! :)

We are organising so many great events - here is the link to our second thread which tells you on the first 1/2 pages about everything that is going on. We have a great website set up as well so you can let each organiser know what you would like to sign up for.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054338

Look forward to meeting you :)

kris3kid said:
Trust me it is better not to ask, I almost dropped the FB and was glad to come over here and see nice posts and friends.:grouphug::grouphug:

Good, it's nice to hear that! :grouphug:

EjeG said:
In my world there are as many talented girls as males. Photography is a obsession that don't care about gender. I'm right there with ya except it's usually just me and poor wife suffers big time and at times tend to get annoyed at me because she don't understand me stopping all the time ;)

Lol - aww I love following DB round, especially at night and at sunrise. It's kinda of our thing now :)

And also, it's SO much easier to bribe him to book lots of holidays and city breaks because I just get him to look at other photos on Flickr of the place and he's like let's go! :)

EjeG said:
Nikon of course ;) Thanks for the Flickr add btw.

Haha - lets not start that this early before the cruise :P

Ditto, we have enjoyed looking through your beautiful pics - you have a real talent!

MandyGirl said:
I think they are out for IGT if booking for two now

Arghhhhhh, why am I on a different time zone to you - off to wake DB up now and go take a look! :)

EjeG said:
Sure, I'm in. Wouldn't be the first photo walk I been on ;) (last one was a Scott Kelby WorldWide Photo walk that I was walk leader on)

Cool, Mark is looking forward to it all. I may get him to sign up on it. He loves Scott Kelby - he's halfway through his Photoshop CS6 book at the moment, and thinking about doing his online photography classes. Will have to check out this worldwide photo walk - thanks!

Tink1987 said:
Welcome aboard! :)

We are organising so many great events - here is the link to our second thread which tells you on the first 1/2 pages about everything that is going on. We have a great website set up as well so you can let each organiser know what you would like to sign up for.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054338

Look forward to meeting you :)

Noel-- if you think you might be organizing any event... Even if just a small chance... Will you please go do a placeholder just in case? We will be transitioning to that thread this week :)

Lysand... There is the link tink shared :) still no computer for me

Anyone else... That link is great to see all events and updates... Just please don't post over there just yet. Thanks :)

kris3kid said:
Trust me it is better not to ask, I almost dropped the FB and was glad to come over here and see nice posts and friends.:grouphug::grouphug:

Yes, several of us. And the sad thing is... It is pretty much the same exact people on both facebook and this thread. Here we have moderators and there we have people who get mad when an admin (one of us like myself) tries to do the right thing. Hopefully having a mission statement and netiquette guidelines posted last Sunday over there will help. Same thing happens on dis... I turned off Dis PMs last summer after receiving one pm that was hurtful. Rudeness is everywhere :( but hopefully folks will be kind to one another now. With 12+ years on cruise critic I had never seen an adult cruise group like such.

Hoping to move forward now on both boards. Just barely over three months left!! :)

Tink1987 said:
Arghhhhhh, why am I on a different time zone to you - off to wake DB up now and go take a look! :)

It wasn't out at 2:00 central time yesterday. I was on the phone with DCL handling some client reservations and still checking online. The just appeared later in the day. Never know when DCL will throw those out!

Target had some cute PJs for the tween girls and adults on clearance last night when I was there!!! I was there stocking up on household items (I Love those Sales) a sick addiction I have...anyway, a few cruise items ended up in my cart and low and behold $300 later I was leaving Target! :scared1::rolleyes1

We now have enough toothpaste, toilet paper, paper towels, dishwashing tablets etc for a year. :laughing:

It absolutely depends on when you fly. We only use United (so we can be Premier), so I pay cash for off-season trips, but then use miles during peak season (like we just went to WV for Thanksgiving for only 40K miles each!) I don't like crowds so that helps us avoid high fares.
We really should be miles people, but we just fly whatever is cheapest, and htat's usually Southwest for us.
Lol, yes that's true - I suppose I think like that because of the reason I quit FB, the place I worked before was terrible for it, there were groups of people on there bullying others we worked with. Scary when you think some of these people were in their 40's/50's! I'm not sure what it is like in the US but social media rules a persons job over here now. Companies will search forums for their names and check whats being said against employee manifests. If you are caught saying something slanderish, you are dismissed on the spot.

Also I was just sick of going out with certain friends or sitting at work and having friends say did you see what so and so said on FB? I'm like is that all you have to talk about?!

And there was one women who I used to work with who was on maternity leave - when she had her baby, she was updating her status 10 - 15 times a day. Constantly writing on mutual friends walls, playing the games, inviting people to tak quizzes. People were saying at work that when she came back it wouldn't be the baby she missed, it would be FB! She kept saying oh (baby's name) has just smiled! When I saw them, I just kept thinking why don't you spend time with the baby and take photos of that instead of sitting on a computer/phone etc telling the world?

Sorry to go on and on there, it just drives me nuts! :) as you have probably figured out! :)
Wow!

Wow so again we pay about the same ish as you to cross the Atlantic! You always just assume the people in US can go as often as they want lol.
We've never been to Florida or WDW, it's just too expensive for us. If we want to cruise DCL, and we do, we need to find the cheapest way to do it ::yes::

My DB is coming :)
He and DH will likely enjoy the company, all those lovely ladies.

I just looked at the OGT rates, they are about $300 less than we're paying for an inside when taking into account our OBB OBC and 10% discount. I'd rather have the window and cheaper rate, but we'd also have to cancel our airfare booked through DCL, and they aren't offering it from our area anymore, and we'd lose our deposit, so it would end up being more.

But I do wish they'd just drop the rate and refund us :rotfl2:

Target had some cute PJs for the tween girls and adults on clearance last night when I was there!!! I was there stocking up on household items (I Love those Sales) a sick addiction I have...anyway, a few cruise items ended up in my cart and low and behold $300 later I was leaving Target! :scared1::rolleyes1

We now have enough toothpaste, toilet paper, paper towels, dishwashing tablets etc for a year. :laughing:
:rotfl:

Ahhh.... you have now given me a good reason to get out this morning!! :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter