May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly why I'm not on it. I can't stand it!

Quite honestly, I've seen worse here on the DIS (and I am not talking about this group) - at least on FB you can hide someone's posts if you don't want to see what they have to say ;)

DisneyMouseHouse said:
Quite honestly, I've seen worse here on the DIS (and I am not talking about this group) - at least on FB you can hide someone's posts if you don't want to see what they have to say ;)

Yes to be fair it's an internet wide thing not just FB. I think it's worst on FB sometimes because it's people you know lol!

Just now slogging through pages and pages of DISboards (I was afraid to go back through in case there was some unpleasantness like we had on Facebook):sad2: and wondered, Henrietta, if I could join the Palo Brunch on the 22nd? Looks like mainly women; my DH is not interested in Brunch and I wanted to meet you all. LMK! Thx, Jacquie:coffee:

Jacquie I will add you to Group 2 on the 22nd. :) That will close out that group at 14.

Yes to be fair it's an internet wide thing not just FB. I think it's worst on FB sometimes because it's people you know lol!

That's funny, because I think just the opposite - it's easier to be rude to ppl you don't know - and like I said, get rude too often and I'll just un-friend ya! LOL! Or, in a group, just hide your posts....

Just out of interest how much do you pay for a flight to Orlando? If we were lucky, from the UK, we would maybe pay £475/$736, if you were lucky enough to secure that price!
I can never seem to find fares, for when we'd want to go, for less than $700/pp from our area (PNW) to Orlando. It's kind of shocking how much it is and I don't know why it's so much. I think we paid about $300/pp for our trips to LA.

Just now slogging through pages and pages of DISboards (I was afraid to go back through in case there was some unpleasantness like we had on Facebook):sad2: and wondered, Henrietta, if I could join the Palo Brunch on the 22nd? Looks like mainly women; my DH is not interested in Brunch and I wanted to meet you all. LMK! Thx, Jacquie:coffee:
Wonder what my DH will think of brunch with a bunch of DIS gals :scratchin

Ok - you guys have had great ideas for transportation...so here is another request. My fiance (Cathy) posted this on FB, but I figured I would ask here as well.

We are going to DLRP after Barcelona. We have an 8am flight from CDG to Iceland. The hitch? We are wondering how to get there. I have a friend who MIGHT help us - but he has been MIA - so rather than stress, we want to book some method of transportation. The busses and trains don't start until 8am, and we would miss our flight.

So, any cheapy ways to make this short drive?

All input is appreciated.

John and I finally committed to going on the EBTA. Signed up for the FB page but not sure what else is happening.

We have been holding out for the WBTA but doesn't seem to be happening. We decided to fly into Houston, May 17th and stay at the Marriott at the airport and taking DCL transportation to the port as no Hertz locations in Galveston. Renting a car the evening we get into Houston for a booze run since Southwest flies into Hobby and we are staying at the Marriott at Bush International. Funny, we are taking DCL transportation and Hobby is closer to Galveston so we have to end up backtracking. Such is life!

Not sure about our plans in Barcelona besides getting a great hotel for Saturday night for $158 US dollars. We have been to Barcelona a few times and may want to go elsewhere. I am emailing my friend in Madeira we are coming again!

This time I have promised DH John only two bags each since we spent 600 Euros last time flying from Barcelona to Frankfurt on Air Berlin. Flying home United, there are no extras costs for two bags!

This sweatshirt popped up in my email today... made me think of some of the DIS activities. :rotfl:

Any other Parrot Heads out there??

Major Parrot Head. What Dis activities might that be? Fins to the left and fins to the right? :rotfl2: I try to stop into every Maugaritaville store (and bar) I happen to be near. A nice selection of oversized T's in just about every one. I met Jimmy in the bar at the Key West store. We ordered chilli dogs from acrross the street and had a couple beers. Just celebrating having the same first name he said, :cool1: Of course could have been that it was a hot day and the beer was ice cold.

It's just me I am afraid, will I be the only girlie photography geek?? Oh well, I'm used to that. My husband is long suffering and is used to trailing about after me as I go out in the snow at the crack of dawn or contort myself to get a shot. It will be nice to be with fellow enthusiasts.

In my world there are as many talented girls as males. Photography is a obsession that don't care about gender. I'm right there with ya except it's usually just me and poor wife suffers big time and at times tend to get annoyed at me because she don't understand me stopping all the time ;)

Tink1987 said:

Yep. Any message board, Facebook, etc. basic netiquette not being followed or when an admin has to step in and does what she feels is right in that situation, people flaming her for doing something that she felt was in best interest to help the group move on. Unfortunately happens on the web, private messages flying around , etc. So sad.

Ah yes, they can debate whether Nikon or Canon is better lol.

DB would agree, he loves taking landscape pictures and night photography in cites.

Thanks very much - we were happy with the way they turned out! And the best of it was that they were taken right on our doorstep near enough.

Nikon of course ;) Thanks for the Flickr add btw.

My DB is a keen photographer and is wondering if anybody would be interested in a photo walk around the ship on a sea day or evening?

I won't bother doing a whole page and poll for it on the website yet until I see if there is any interest :)

Sure, I'm in. Wouldn't be the first photo walk I been on ;) (last one was a Scott Kelby WorldWide Photo walk that I was walk leader on)

Mandy - I forget where this* is and how to do it. It's a good thing I took on something simple :) It could be I am tired from shoveling all the snow that fell today but more likely I just don't remember.....

I am in workshops all weekend and won't be back here til Sunday night. I hope everyone is still here

Lynn

* I thought this would quote your message about updating our places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter